Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a shame that some would do this to you Todd, they just have nothing to do and have jealousy of your work and seeing your business grow, i have personally seen your work and was there with you too. I always looking forward to your comments and work and also a few others here on Autopia too. You all do saw much to improved the finish on cars and trucks for your customers and also willing to learn more from others too. One never stops learning from others. All they have to do is see your workmanship and be blown away on your skills. Always your Amigo Angelo....
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Always amazed with your work and explanations, thanks for all Todd !!

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is I first joined this forum as a nobody and was able to speak my mind freely

Todd, you are still the same person. You CAN speak your mind freely.

As my business becomes more successful I cannot post as myself but have to post "professionally

Where do you get that from? Unless you mean that you`d love to use the F word, I don`t understand your reasoning.

WE all post as US. Or has anyone tell you otherwise? In that case you should report it to DAVID.

In fact, we are actually allowed to get extra business from this site without any fees unlike DetailingWorld. And WE ALL (Pros) get more details out of Autopia.

If that is not the case with you, than the above statements were written by you for what purpose?

Back to my original response: be yourself and post as the guy we all love to see posting in C&B

I would prefer to post like anybody else but the problem is that if I do not choose my words carefully they will be scrutinized and looked at.

Todd: We are not saving lives, we are not performing brain surgeries.

We are just detailers working on CARS.

I don`t mean to sound harsh, but not one of us PRO detailers are IMPORTANT people as far as the world is concerned. Maybe if you think about that for a moment you will realize that it is ok to be you.

AMEN!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    [B]...........Todd: We are not saving lives, we are not performing brain surgeries.

I don`t mean to sound harsh, but not one of us PRO detailers are IMPORTANT people as far as the world is concerned. Maybe if you think about that for a moment you will realize that it is ok to be you............
    Very well said Thomas!

Todd just be yourself........ if some PM`s bother you just delete them. Some people will argue about almost anything, but don`t let that keep you from sharing and learning from this site. To do so will mean that they have won, and the rest of us have lost.
    John

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agreed with Thomas and John, kept it coming Todd!!!!!!!!!!!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know every time i see a new cndb from you on the list. I look at it and say... SWEET!!!!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd, you are still the same person. You CAN speak your mind freely.

Anybody can speak their mind how the choose. However some people will choose to be critical of the way people speak their minds. I`m the same person (well older and trying to be wiser) but some people don`t view me as the same.

Where do you get that from? Unless you mean that you`d love to use the F word, I don`t understand your reasoning.

The reasoning is simple. As an enthusist or part time pro it is easy to come on here with some measure of animenity. As a full time professional whose work is on "public" display I have given up animenity. Since anybody can check my work and my responses I have to gauge my responses carefully or risk damage to my professional "persona". Unfortunately my weakness is that I would rather respond personally, but because of my sense of humor and bluntness that can make me look bad professionaly. I stand to damage my reputation, which I would rather have focused on my work.

WE all post as US. Or has anyone tell you otherwise? In that case you should report it to DAVID.

In fact, we are actually allowed to get extra business from this site without any fees unlike DetailingWorld. And WE ALL (Pros) get more details out of Autopia.

If that is not the case with you, than the above statements were written by you for what purpose?

Back to my original response: be yourself and post as the guy we all love to see posting in C&B

No I get emails from people who don`t post as themselves. You have mentioned getting work from this site to me before and I can assure you that in two years I can count on less then one hand any work I have picked up from here. Indirectly, perhaps, as I have been able to display my work, but even then 99% of my work is from word of mouth. I never recieved much in terms of work from this site nor have I ever expected any. My goal for posting here and lurking here was always to improve myself and share information.

You stated in a post that you come here for work. Please do not confuse your motives for others.

Todd: We are not saving lives, we are not performing brain surgeries.

I don`t mean to sound harsh, but not one of us PRO detailers are IMPORTANT people as far as the world is concerned. Maybe if you think about that for a moment you will realize that it is ok to be you.

AMEN!!!!!

What a tired arguement. To be honest, I am not concerned about peoples opinion of me unless it has the potential to affect me professionally (and thus take food off my son`s plate). I would even say that 99% of jobs in the world are unimportant to somebody, so who bases what is important. I would say teachers, police officers, doctors, peace keepers, etc are important. The rest is (weather CEO or janitor) is pretty irrevelant. The most important job in the world is being a goodo parent anyways, the rest is status.

Infact to my client`s my job is very important. To me my job is very important. To my family my job is very important, so in the grand scheme of things it is very important to me. And while it may seem a little goofy to some that I take such an unimportant profession so seriously, perhaps that is why I have the client list I do. Pride breeds success, IME. I don`t think you sound harsh, I think you just sound like you feel your opinion is the only valid one. I would say that neither of us are wrong, but have different views.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Wow this thread is old and now far off topic.

Todd

Todd - I hate to say I understand, but I do. I`ll be glad if you keep posting, but will understand if you choose not to. Best of luck.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the first time i`ve ever seen this one. Great job on the car.
    -Sam

Serving Northern California (East Bay) from

San Francisco, Berkeley, to San Jose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to see a return of new Bella Machina posts.

Seeing those high end/exotic cars done so beautifully motivates me to do great stuff w/ run-of-the-mill cars.

I can see where it`s reasonable to say "screw them" and leave, because honestly, who needs drama from a website. However, it deprives those of us who are genuinely interested in the work you do.

:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    WE all post as US.
    Oh, if only that were true. Then I wouldn`t have to check IP`s all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    Oh, if only that were true. Then I wouldn`t have to check IP`s all the time.

I mean regular pro posters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information