Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys,

Long time browser, and started my own detailing company (part-time) just basically doing details on the side.

My equipment: I`m saving for a rotary to help cut the swirls down faster, but for now I`m using a PC7424 with proper cutting pads. I will be upgrading to a UDM very soon, just so that I have the best DA available. I understand that a rotary is a must for swirl removal, but for now I`m contempt to taking 4-6 hours correcting the paint, especially if I can command the prices I got on this car.

The products I have and use will be the Poorboys SSR line (1, 2.5, 3) and the Klasse Twins. I have XMT360 and XMT180 on order with Poorboys EX-P. I have Megs 16 as an option for an LSP. I use Megs Gold Class (until I pick up some Duragloss on my trip to NYC this weekend)

I didn`t do the interior, just the exterior, and they specifically asked for me NOT to do the wheels (as in remove and polish them). All I did was give em a shot of spray detailer and dress tires with eagle 1 gel based tire dressing.

Anyways the car:

The car is a 2005 Saturn Vue AWD V6 (honda motor). Very nice pick-up off the line, a good `sleeper` if you will. The car had a lot of swirling, EVERYWHERE. The owner took the car to the dealer to have it washed (they use brushes I bet) as well as lots of minor oxidation.

My issue with this car was that it was POLYMER panels and not sheet metal so I thought it wouldn`t shine like I wanted to. Although on most saturns the HOOD and trunk are sheet metal and not polymer. Surprisingly enough, using LC orange with SSR2.5, there was NO DUSTING on the polymer panels, but dusting (usual) as common the tailgate and hood. Maybe SSR2.5 and possibly Menz won`t dust on saturn polymer.

Sorry for the pics not being the same before and after, but my camera I tried wouldn`t take good enough pictures of swirls. I tried my best and I`m still getting the hang of the pictures but here are the pics. I was worried I wouldn`t get that deep look a black is supposed to have on this car... well I hope I got what I want.

P.S. I was going out after I delivered the car. Total time: 5 hours and 10 minutes. I did detail the engine, but I haven`t uploaded pic yet. Lastly, I am SOOO SORRY there are too many pictures and they aren`t the same as the before pictures. Please give me feedback if you can though I would appreciate that.

BEFORE:

(the car was clayed, but washed after)

front hood

hood

hood again

top of hood

wheel well and door

rear door

rear pillar

AFTER

Poorboys SSR2.5, SSR1, Klasse AIO + Klasse SG, waiting for SG to harden then applying Megs 16:

Poorboys SSR2.5 (yes there is dust, but easily manageable) - applied with LC Orange via PC7424

Hood after:

Hood right:

Hood left:

Doors:

that nasty swirled pillar

the close up of the door (Very deep black)

Rear:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice turnaround on that. Let`s see the eh, motor.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good
    down here in colorful colorado!

Thread Information