Post Thanks / Like
    Well i detailed my car saturday, it came out OK. Not as good as i had hoped but not bad i guess. Following are some pics i took today, after driving it a little sunday and today, so its not right after. I still need to clean the windows and get the wax out of the crevacies, and definitely need to clean the tires better next time. But if anyone has suggestions on iimproving please chime in. I dunno maybe i was expecting to much, but i thought it would look wetter and deeper than it does, with a more mirrorish reflection. Maybe its just my paint color also. Pics were taking on my phone, so they`re not the best.

Also, this is what i did.

Dawn dishwash wash

Washed with zaino car wash

Clayed used mothers detailing spray for lube

pc 7424 with menz Intensive polish at 5-6 speed

washed with zaino

applied zaio with pc at 1-2 speed

buffed off after applying to whole car

z2 with zfx half hour cure time

z2 with zfx same

z5 with zfx same

z8 spray

All zaino was applied by hand, used about a dime size drop per panel, maybe i didnt use enough?

Sunday i got up, applied another coat of z5 with zfx after a z6 wipe down. Is there anything i can do better?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people say that using Zaino gives the finish a "plasticky" look. Perhaps you might want to look into a high quality wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks good to me, maybe the wheels and tires getting a little more attention will improve the overall look.

I gotta say I don`t think I`ve even seen cell phone pictures look this good! :goodjob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    Some people say that using Zaino gives the finish a "plasticky" look. Perhaps you might want to look into a high quality wax.

What would you recomend?

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like you put in a long days work, good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gears
    It looks good to me, maybe the wheels and tires getting a little more attention will improve the overall look.

I gotta say I don`t think I`ve even seen cell phone pictures look this good! :goodjob

Whats the best way to clean the tires, and recomendation on products? i was just using some cheapy turtle wax wheel cleaner, and zaino tire. I think my problem was neglecting the tires/wheels during my washing routine..Whens the best time to do tires?

Oh yeah, its an Lg EnV, it takes pretty ok pics for a phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the tires and wheels while the LSP is drying on the surface. That way any overspray wipes off when I buff the product off. I`ve been using Four Star Bazooka tire gloss since I`ve got a ton of it, but if I had to buy a product off the shelf then I`d get Eagle One tire shine. That stuff is great if applied to dry tires. As with any tire gloss, if you apply it to wet tires then it will sling all over the place. After dressing the tires I wipe down the wheels with QD or Meguiar`s Quick Wheel Detailer. That seems to do the trick for wheels and tires for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et

Would a good wax give the paint a clearer reflection?

I`m wondering the same thing as the OP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino doesn`t tend to work and play well with wax toppers. It looks best all by itself. If you want the maximum durability that a sealant can provide but also want the wet look of a wax, then the combo that has worked well for me in the past is Klasse Sealant Glaze topped with a good carnauba like P21S or Souveran. There are so many great paste waxes out there right now that it can`t even be limited to those two. Just pick your wax. lol Having Klasse as the base is a great way to get superior durability and awesome shine. Top it with a wax to get a little more depth and wetness and you have a show winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on topping it with a good carnauba. CG Pete`s 53, P21S, Pinnacle Souveran would be a few to choose from. I also agree that Zaino, although it looks good, will only look "plasticky" and not a deep glossy, wet look that you are probably expecting.

I don`t think you should be disappointed. That looks very good. I think you will be more surprised to what some other sealants like WDGPS and CG Jetseal, topped with Ivory Carnauba can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phamkl
    Would a good wax give the paint a clearer reflection?

I`m wondering the same thing as the OP.

The suggestions to top with a good nuba wax is to achieve depth...

Can`t go wrong using a good quality sealant topped with a nuba, I am excited to strip my car down and start with this process again..

Post Thanks / Like
    By no means am I a "Zaino" professional. But maybe you would get better results by applying the Z5 before the Z2? What I usually do is apply two coats of Z5 then two coats of Z2, then the next washing I will apply another coat of Z2 (all applied by hand). I don`t know where "some" people claim that zaino gives a "plasticky" finish? My truck looks more like a driving mirror. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why you are unhappy, the car looks pretty good to me and it seems you prepped the paint well.

If you want a wetter look, try Optimum`s Opti-Seal or a carnauba like Poorboy`s Natty`s Blue. For a deeper look, Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose or even Pinnacle Souveran might get you the look you want.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats more of what i was expecting, how much zaino on the pad is to much, or not enough? Maybe ill try z5 first next time.

Quote Originally Posted by LQ9SS
    By no means am I a "Zaino" professional. But maybe you would get better results by applying the Z5 before the Z2? What I usually do is apply two coats of Z5 then two coats of Z2, then the next washing I will apply another coat of Z2 (all applied by hand). I don`t know where "some" people claim that zaino gives a "plasticky" finish? My truck looks more like a driving mirror. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions:heelclick

Thread Information