Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, Turtle Wax sent me some of their newest products they have including the ICE line and some new MF`s and a waterless wash product asking me to test them and write an honest review. They did not compensate me in any way, they only sent me the products. I told them I was going to be brutally honest, and as many of you know, I dont usually recomend Turtle Wax stuff to anyone. That may change as of today.

First I will write a review on each product they sent me, then I will post before and after pictures of the vehicle I tested on.

Here is all the products sent to me.

First up will be the new Turtle Wax Foam Away.

This product is called a waterless wash with a wax. It is a foaming product, contained in a colorful and effective spray can. I felt the trigger was a little cheap, but who cares. Supposedly you can spray this stuff on a dirty area of your auto and wipe it away. Kind of like a Quick Detailer on roids. I tested this product on my moms dirty BMW 3-series vert. It hasent been washed in a week, and was covered in dust and waterspots. Probably dirty enough that I would have washed instead of Quick Detailed. Sprayed it onto one panel at a time and wiped off. Surface came clean and slick with one pass of the MF towel. I proceded to do the whole car and was impressed with the results. No extra swirls to speak of, and one dirty MF was the result. Did not add much to the look of the paint, but it cleaned it well and added some slickness. Dont know about durability on this product, I would probably never use this by itself.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it is very useful for a light wipedown or when you dont have time to break out the soap/buckets and your auto is only dusty or slightly dirty.

Next up is the ICE car wash

A car wash that claims what all others do, no spotting and great cleaning power. I used it just like my Duragloss CWC wash. Put about 2oz in a 3gal bucket of water, and went to washing a car. Soap had lots of suds, and smelled nice. Was slick and sudsy. Left a good finish when I was done washing.

Would I buy this again? Sure, I mean, soap is soap to me unless it is my Duragloss CWC #901. It`s hard to beat that soap, but this one comes close, I like it better than Gold Class or NXT.

Next up is ICE Liquid Clay bar

I was really excited to try this product. I had heard that it was ok, and anything that can take the pain out of claying had to be worth a shot. It claims that it removes grit, swirls, oxidation and paint contaminates. Packaging was good, and it came with its own scrubby sponge. Directions said to wash car, rinse, then apply ICE Clay one panel at a time to the wet surface rubbing it in long strokes, then rinse it off. Here is what it looks like in action.

It works kinda like a soap, lathers up and rinses clean. Very easy to use, much easier to use than clay.

Will I buy this again? Probably, I ended up liking this product. I dont think it removed many swirls, or would be super effective on oxidation, and it did not do what a clay bar will do. It did clean the paint very well in the time provided, and it did remove some paint contaminates. I did a side by side of ICE clay to normal clay and the normal clay side was smoother, but took about 5min to do where as ICE clay took about 5min to do the whole car. I can use this on my customers cars that are just paying for a wash/wax to clean up the paint before putting on a layer of wax. It`s a time saver for me.

More to come.........................
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Next up will be ICE Synthetic Paste Polish.

This product is a last step product that clams to produce a high gloss shine, while leaving no white residue. It comes in a plastic container with a twist off top, and a foam applicator and MF towel (more on those in a min). Directions said to apply to paint surface (works in sun as well) in long back and forth strokes and let dry for 5-8min. I applied it to the newly Clayed finish of the car I did and let it sit for 5 min. It was really hard to apply at first, but I switched applicators and that fixed the problem, the stock applicator that came with it sucks big time. I just used my normal MF applicators. The wax wasent overly hard to remove, but not as easy as some of my other waxes/sealants. Any left over wax was removed with some QD. I backed the test vehicle out in the sun to have a look. The finish looked clean and wet. Swirls were diminished (likely b/c of fillers in the product) and it cleaned the paint a slight bit. The wax was slick, but like I said earlier, not as slick as some of the stuff I have been using.

Would I buy this product again? Ehh, maybe maybe not. It impressed me for a Turtle Wax Product, but I have used better waxes/sealants that work better and look better. I dont know about durability, but if it is good, it will end up being a good overall wax.

Last up will be Turtle Wax Microfiber Towels.

I was super super super impressed with these towels. They are every bit as good as my expensive MF`s and much better than even the Vroom Towels I have been recomending to everyone. They are a great size for Quick Detailing and removing polish/waxes. They passed the CD scratch test and the Brandon test.

Will I buy these again? Definatly. I actually went to pick up some at my local Pep-Boys today and they were out. I will buy these instead of Vroom from now on.

Overall, I was impressed with the new Turtle Wax stuff. The foaming wash/wax was a good Quick Detailer, the ICE wash is a good wash, the ICE clay is a great product, and the Paste Wax isnt to bad. I was surprised Turtle Wax performed decently. I give these products some much due credit, Tutle Wax did ok with their new stuff.

Up next is the photos of the Toyota 4-Runner I did the tests on.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2001 4-Runner, 140,000 miles, owner just wanted a wash/wax. I felt this was a good vehicle to test the TW products on.

Exterior

Washed with ICE wash

Clayed with ICE clay

Dry with Cobra WW

Wax with ICE Paste

Tires with Majestic Solutions Dressing

Glass with IG

Interior

Vac

Woolite/Water on carpet

Dressed with MQID

Glass with IG

Befores

Afters

Hope yall enjoyed.

P.S. If the reviews are in the wrong forum, plz move them mods.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with you....The turtle wax liquid clay worked very well for me, yet so many on the board dismissed it without trying it. I think it worked very well as a paint cleanser and on my car it removed most of the contaminates. I could only imagine the excitement if one of the boutique companies had come out with this. But because it was TW, most dismissed it. I do think the cost is a little high though. But thanks for the review.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, $14 was a little high for the TW Clay, but it did perform well. Not as advertised, but it is a great paint cleaner.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Very good review...Hope some people decide to give it a try before writing it off.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good. Nice review too.

I`ve been using the Turtle Wax Leather Conditioner for quite a while now. Works well, matte finish and noticably softens the leather. Pretty decent OTC product line.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to review all the products, it`s much appreciated.

I`m particularly intrigued by the Turtle Wax MFs. Do you know how much they were? I might want to go and pick a few up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I`m interested in the MF`s as well
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know how much they were, $3 a pack rings a bell for some reason. I think they are worth every bit as much as the Cobra stuff. I compare them to Cobra All Purpose MF`s. They are really good.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your input on the mf`s, i may have to go pick up a pack...

Post Thanks / Like
    So, it`s ok to come out of the TW closet now?..........

Thanks for the review......:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, yeah only come out of the TW closet, no other closets.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, Costco sells the turtle wax ice car soap in a big jug. Sounds interesting now :p

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I saw that the other day. Like I said, it`s not as good as my Duragloss soap, but it is better than NXT and GC for me. Smells good too.
    Showroom Shine Details

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information