Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Range Rover HSE. Owner bought it lightly used and took it to have a clear bra installed. The shop repainted the bumper since it was chipped up and then did a `free` detail. 3 days later, he calls me, wanting me to go over it again since he doesn`t trust them to use quality products. He also bought some Leather Master`s Leather Vital that he wanted me to apply to the leather (great conditioner, makes even my crappy leather soft) from the same person I got mine from (Dallas area Colorglo rep). The Rover was swirl free and had obviously been waxed...except for the roof. He was right to not trust their `free` detail.

I used Poorboy`s Polish w/sealant to remove the wax the other place applied and just that step made a noticable improvement. I followed with Optimum Opti-Seal by hand.

He also asked me to wash, add another coat of wax and use Leather Vital on the seats in the Porsche I had detailed two weeks earlier. Just did an ONR wash and added a second application of Opti-Seal. Visually, the 2nd layer seemed about the same as the layer already on the car, so I`d say two applications to ensure full coverage is all you`d need with Opti-Seal.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmmmmmmmm. Both silvers look so wet, but the Carrera is making me

Awesome Scott
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    2007 Chevy Corvette Z06. I`ve been adding layer after layer of carnauba to this car since September every 2 to 4 weeks (owner`s request). I decided to see if Opti-Seal was compatible with carnaubas and it seemed to work just fine. Probably going to polish the car out next time I see it, although as you can see in the pics, it is has only minimal swirling. However, he and I agree it is best to not wait until it gets worse.

I just did an ONR wash and applied Zaino Z8 over a 2 week old application of Opti-Seal on his girlfriend`s `07 Mustang. As expected, Z8 plays nice with Opti-Seal, just like it does with Werkstatt`s Acrylic Jett. Z8 seemed to add a little depth, not bad for 5 minutes of work.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2007 Mercedes S550 and Lexus RX350. Both were new (couple months old) and in excellent shape. No need to do anything beyond a light polish. I decided to try Zaino All in One and a new LC Variable Contour CCS black finishing pad. Both products performed very well and even though neither is particularly aggressive, they remove a couple light scuffs from both vehicles. ZAIO has a more carnauba look than Werkstatt`s Prime or Klasse AIO and similar cleaning power. I followed ZAIO with Zaino Z5 Pro on the Mercedes and Optimum`s Opti-Seal on the Lexus.

The sun peaked out for a split second...

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work Scott! The sheer amount of money your customers have blows me away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Scott.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just thinking the same thing!! Aside from the cars looking great as usual! Never want that to not be said. You do amazing work sir!!

But where the heck are all those type of people here in Sacramento?:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    All very beautiful cars.....very nice work Scott......

you typically use an AIO on newer cars that are in good shape?? (I know you like your OS)
    2012 Subaru Forester

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice/excelent work as allways Scott!

I see the 996 Porsche has the "flying taco" wing on the back and what looks like Techart rocker panels. Looks a bit odd on that C2. But the silver is perfect! You have to be careful on some 996 headlamp areas as MF towles with high static short out the lamp assy`s. I think it`s only the Litronic type effected (Xenon) types. Play it safe and just use cotton around that area.

I`ve yet to use the Z-AIO product or the CCS pads, but I keep hearing the pads really work well for roatry work. Interesting point on the Z-AIO looking a bit "warmer" like a carnauba effet to it. I find that Z5 or Z2 treated with Z8 looks warmer as well, but not as wet/deep, but getting closer.

Thanks for sharing the pics and write-up!!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cars you get get up close and personal with are just amazing!

Thats what? $300-400k worth of glorious sheet metal and fiberglass, maintained exceptionally I might add

Post Thanks / Like
    scott, forgive my ignorance but why soooo much wax on the Z? oh yea, its looks great. just wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam
    scott, forgive my ignorance but why soooo much wax on the Z? oh yea, its looks great. just wondering.

I believe that was a customer request. I love following the posts of the same car. Scott does a really good job of writing detailed descriptions and updates on the cars. His writeups make it interesting to follow.

As always Scott, the cars look great.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    S550 is delicious, you`re the man!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Z06 with Moosewax better than with the opti seal, tho I am still going to buy optiseal :-)

Cars look great, love the merz
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big fan or CMW on black too-Scott sold me on the idea and once I tried it and saw for myself I was sold. Tried another black car with nattys this weekend and I did not like it comparted to CMW. I think I found what I like and I am going to stick with it unless the customer requests something else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information