Thread: black clk 320

Post Thanks / Like
    hello everybody.. this car is my brothers ex girlfriends.. i already knew it was going to be bad.. but when i got it it was TERRIBLE!! and i know that mercedes has ceramiclear.. and my makita was going coming today so i wanted to try my new rotary on this mercedes.

heres the process

OP w/ wool pad @ 1500 rpm

106FF w/ white pad @ 1200 rpm

souveran

the makita is great!! i just need to get used it and it will work miracles!! i couldnt get any after pics because it was really dark so i got what i could!

before:

after:

didnt dress the wells.

cheers! hopefully i can get sun shots!! stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow no feedback

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turnaround! Let`s see some daylight pics!

How did you like the wool pads and how did they work for you? Did you try the foam pads also. How do you like your makita?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    Great turnaround! Let`s see some daylight pics!

How did you like the wool pads and how did they work for you? Did you try the foam pads also. How do you like your makita?

hey ryan.. the wool pads were awesome.. althought it created light marring but that was taken out with 106ff. yes i tried the foam pads.. but it was really hard to use.. and for the makita. its AMAZING!! thanks for everything bro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john1c
    hey ryan.. the wool pads were awesome.. althought it created light marring but that was taken out with 106ff. yes i tried the foam pads.. but it was really hard to use.. and for the makita. its AMAZING!! thanks for everything bro

No problem...anytime! That finish was very beat up in those before pics. I prefer wool pads over foam especially when cutting hard clear coats. They are safer, don`t jump like foam, cut more evenly, and smooth the finish to a glass like surface evenly. Wool pads glide over the surface better than a foam cutting pad would. The only downfall is the slight trail marring it can cause, but with a finish foam pad on a makita or pc and 106ff, the finish will be outstanding. Either way, it would still need to be finished with a finish polish anyway. Glad it worked out well for you and you will master it in a matter of no time.

It`s amazing with the right tools and the right process will do? Makes it all so much more fun to do and even more addicting!

I still want to see some outside pics!:chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to ask...How did the OP work with the wool pad in cutting power on the MB paint?

I have used the OP myself with wool pads with decent results. A Volvo I did (rock solid clear), it did not have enough grunt, but was understandable. Presta Ultra cutting creme took care of it easy. That is another compound you need to pick up! More cutting power and more gloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    where do you buy your wool pads? and what kind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    Forgot to ask...How did the OP work with the wool pad in cutting power on the MB paint?

I have used the OP myself with wool pads with decent results. A Volvo I did (rock solid clear), it did not have enough grunt, but was understandable. Presta Ultra cutting creme took care of it easy. That is another compound you need to pick up! More cutting power and more gloss.

I`ve been meaning to ask you this.

Is the Presta more powerful than EC from high temp?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turn out i`m also curious on how the op and wool pad worked out.

Post Thanks / Like
    So far, so good-but definitely in for some outside shots.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john1c
    where do you buy your wool pads? and what kind?

I buy my pads at body shop supply stores. I will use presta, shelagal or 3m. My favorite were the Presta pads and the new Presta pad system is the edge system by Edge. Different grade wools and is the only company to offer them in these styles. Edge makes them for Presta and are high quality. You can custom order your pads as you want and are double sided. Wool on one side and foam on the other. Go to Edge pads and check out there site. Presta also has a color band on there bottle on what color pad to use for agressiveness. It`s pretty simple and is a tested and tried system from both companies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I`ve been meaning to ask you this.

Is the Presta more powerful than EC from high temp?

Hey Thomas,

I have not tried the EC yet, but I have there light cut and was not impressed much by it. Presta Ultra cutting creme Light will remove 15oo grit scratches and heavy marring and finish off to a very high gloss in a short time. You polish it in till the finish is glossy and free of defects. I would say the cut is like OHC, but finishes out extremely glossy and clear. I have matched this up against OC, OHC, OP, IP, SSR3, XMT3, 3m compound, megs compounds. Presta cut faster and finished off 20 times better. Also left a cleaner and brighter finish. I know Ranny at Pakshak just started selling these compounds and he loves them. Very nice guy and he also thanked me for showing him a great line.

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

What year was the benz? If it was less than 06, it probably didnt have the cermiclear. Awsome work man keep it up!

Thread Information