Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Probably would have started with Optimum Polish and green Cyclo or Propel 4" pads and my Cyclo and adjusted the aggressiveness up or down as needed.

Bigpoppa3346-just for comparison, the Tahoe took my son and I nearly 4 hours. The main thing on the interior that helped us on the Escalade was that the carpets were in excellent condition and the exterior wasn`t trashed with sand and grit from the recent snow and ice we`ve had; plus, OPS/OCW is about as fast a two step as you can do on the paint.

Different exterior combo, needed heavy polishing, or heavily stained carpets and the detail would have taken us a lot longer.

Unfortunately for me, my son will be enlisting in the Air Force in the next month or so and until my other son comes out in late May, I`ll be back by myself again unless I can find some competent help.

Nice work, Scott! Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?

I haven`t tried the Poli-Seal yet; do you always apply it by PC, or also use the Cyclo? Which pad(s) do you use?

Which Propel pads do you use for the Cyclo (Propel II or Erasure Turbo Pads), and where do you buy them?

Thanks for any advice.

Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, I need to order more of the Bio-kleen traffic lane cleaner would you like me to pic you up some and ship it to you?
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by percynjpn
    Nice work, Scott! Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?

I haven`t tried the Poli-Seal yet; do you always apply it by PC, or also use the Cyclo? Which pad(s) do you use?

Which Propel pads do you use for the Cyclo (Propel II or Erasure Turbo Pads), and where do you buy them?

Thanks for any advice.

Todd

I have used Poli-Seal via Cyclo but the white Cyclo finishing pads load up too quickly with product and sometimes lay down a really thick patch of OPS that can be a little tough to remove until it dries completely. I am thinking the more open cell structure of the Propel pads would eliminate that problem though.

I have the Propel Turbo pads, if I remember right. I bought them from exceldetail last year. I prefer them over the Cyclo brand pads because they are thicker and follow body contours better.

Aaron-yeah, that would be great, let me know what you want for it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    ... checking a local distributor
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    Very nice work as usual! I also love the look and smell of the OPP.

I didn`t know about the Quick Out. I`ll have to pick some up for spot cleaning.

you like the smell of OPP? i cant stand it! but i love the look of it.. haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john1c
    you like the smell of OPP? i cant stand it! but i love the look of it.. haha

Next batch made will have a light leathery scent. No idea when it will actually be available though.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I have used Poli-Seal via Cyclo but the white Cyclo finishing pads load up too quickly with product and sometimes lay down a really thick patch of OPS that can be a little tough to remove until it dries completely. I am thinking the more open cell structure of the Propel pads would eliminate that problem though.

I have the Propel Turbo pads, if I remember right. I bought them from exceldetail last year. I prefer them over the Cyclo brand pads because they are thicker and follow body contours better.

[

Thanks for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information