Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Toyota FL Cruiser. Pretty easy one, it is only a few months old and the owner hand washes it himself. Just needed some very light polishing and sealing. Very cold morning, barely into the 30s when I got there in the morning, so he set up a couple heaters in the garage for me to work in.

I used Optimum`s Poli-Seal via PC with a white LC polishing pad and topped with my 80/20 blend of #16 and Pink Wax.

=========

2006 Lincoln Mark LT. Sat on the dealer`s lot nearly a year (05/05 build date), owner bought it in late April of this year for around $12,000 off list. No one molested it with a buffer and the paint looked really good, so I just applied Werkstatt`s AJ Trigger when he first bought it, which still appeared to be holding up here in early December-and this truck sat outside all summer. The BMW 740 next to it used to stay in the garage all the time but he now lets his hot blonde girlfriend keep it so finally, the truck gets the garage. Anyway, the paint still had decent slickness and good beading, although I am sure using ONR on it a couple times a month does help. He decided though, 7+ months is long enough and he wanted something on it for the winter. I went ahead and used my #16/Pink Wax blend by hand, since the paint still was 95% swirl free.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    1993 Toyota Supra Turbo. He has some serious money into the engine and paint, and he was told (but hasn`t yet been able to verify for sure) that this was the first American Supra to get the Veilside body kit. HKS wheels too, pretty rare! The hood is carbon fiber and he says the engine puts out slightly more than 600 hp on pump gas. I managed to screw up and only get a crappy cell phone pic of the engine. He wants me to come back every 3 months so I`ll get better pics the next time.

The hood had some problems, looked like some left over sanding marks from the paint being wetsanded. It took Optimum Hyper Compound and orange Cyclo cutting pads to remove them but that combo left some light hazing. I first tried Optimum Compound using green Cyclo polishing pads but that was slow go (original version of OC) so I used Meguiars DACP and orange Cyclo cutting pads and that did the trick. OC and the same pads probably would have worked too but I didn`t have any fresh pads and all my other orange pads have been used with other products. Anyway, I then went over the whole car with OC and the green Cyclo pads and then sealed with Optimum Poli-Seal via PC and a white LC polishing pad.

It was 5 PM when I finished and we pulled the car out for pics (high school right behind him, he didn`t want the car sitting out all afternoon in full view of the school) and with sunset less than 30 minutes away, the pics are a touch dark. I also took care of the red 1988 Supra Turbo you can see still in the garage but I didn`t finish it until after dark.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Whose yer DADDY!??!?!?!?! LastDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude AWESOME job! The FMJ is an interesting shade of blue I don`t think I have ever seen anything that color before. Nice flake on the Lincoln too.

Now hows about that Supra?! :woohoo:

just wow:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Scott

the supra

Post Thanks / Like
    that supra... wow!
    -Sam

Serving Northern California (East Bay) from

San Francisco, Berkeley, to San Jose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott your amazing.

What is pinkwax and how to you mix it with a paste like #16?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah.. that Supra is pretty cool looking! So is the FJ color. The Lincoln.. well.. those things never grew on me but you did a great job!

Scott.. what kind of camera are you using?
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Post Thanks / Like
    Must be nice to have the Texas weather! Great job on all as usual!
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job!

The Supra... WOW. I like the late 80`s model Supra that is in the garage too. That was my favorite body for the Supra

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy, Baltic Blue Supra with TS hood and rear diffuser, not a fan of the Veilside kit though. Amazing job as always, I always look forward to checking out your threads whenever I see a new one up.

Post Thanks / Like
    supra - hello gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job, Scott. I always know when I click in your threads I`ll see some amazing work.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice work scott . . . the paint on that FJ looks amazing for such a mellow color . . .
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

You know I LOVE my Supras! This one looks amazingly wet. That bodykit actually looks nice on it. Probably because it does not have that huge spoiler on it. Man, I don`t know what I would do without Poli-Seal now.

That Old-School 80`s Supra looks hot too.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t even realize that there was another page of pics!

The FJ, wow, very reflective on a hard-to color. What was it`s clear like...hard or soft? I have one to do next week. Yellow though.

I can`t say much about the Lincoln. Just superb!

What kind of durability are you seeing out of your wax mix? Does it still have the just-waxed feel after washing. 476 did after 2 months an 4 washes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information