Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s some beading I captured this morning.....

Pontiac I did yesterday....

(Collinite 845 topped with DuraGloss AquaWax)

This one is just cool as heck!

My wife`s van....2 months of NXT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 2 months of NXT and it still looks good! Did you use any AW on your wife`s car? Or just only NXT?

The collinite beading, of course, is fantastic as usual

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice shots! Really like that AW beading. Produces such small tight beads, and water just flings off the surface when driving (what I like to see). 845 topped with AW will make a great winter combo as well, and should easily provide great protection.

Nice shots!

Regards,

Mike
    2003 G35 - protected & perfected with Zaino [Zaino, made for those who refuse to live in a world full of compromises]

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss 105/ AW has that snowflake effect It does it on my car as well and my mothers. Neat stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Wow, 2 months of NXT and it still looks good! Did you use any AW on your wife`s car? Or just only NXT?

The collinite beading, of course, is fantastic as usual

That`s just NXT Liquid on my wifes van. A little over 2 months old. No QD`s or anything. I just wash it weekly with NXT Car Wash. That`s all.

2 months for an OTC product (10.99 at Target this week) is not bad at all. Why does everyone have a problem with it`s durability? It`s one of the easiest products to work with and looks nice on ANY color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    That`s just NXT Liquid on my wifes van. A little over 2 months old. No QD`s or anything. I just wash it weekly with NXT Car Wash. That`s all.

2 months for an OTC product (10.99 at Target this week) is not bad at all. Why does everyone have a problem with it`s durability? It`s one of the easiest products to work with and looks nice on ANY color.

I agree. I get a solid 2 months of beading with NXT. The slickness is gone but the beading is definitely still there. The only reason why I re-applied it was because the super shine was fading...but did I mention that the beading was still there?

You can`t beat it for the price and OTC availability. I also love how it dries clear so if there are spots where you miss buffing, it doesn`t show up easily.

Did I mention it still beads well after 2 months? :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the liquid when it first came out and loved the looks, but hated the durability. I think "maybe" it has be reformulated since then, but I have no clue. I did see it on sale at Target over the weekend. Maybe someday I`ll buy a new bottle. I did think it`s cleaning ability was pretty good though.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by justin30513

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    I bought the liquid when it first came out and loved the looks, but hated the durability. I think "maybe" it has be reformulated since then, but I have no clue. I did see it on sale at Target over the weekend. Maybe someday I`ll buy a new bottle. I did think it`s cleaning ability was pretty good though.

Steve

It`s very finicky. I had to learn that it takes 2 even light coats to get it right. I love that it does not stain trim. It works very well on glass too.

It does clean well too. I`m actuall gonna mix up some with #80. I`m thinking 2:1.

Who knows.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SHICKS
    I bought the liquid when it first came out and loved the looks, but hated the durability. I think "maybe" it has be reformulated since then, but I have no clue.

It was tweaked for VOC compliance.

I`ve been using the paste, which was VOC compliant from the start and 3-4 months is no problem for it.

Nice pics Justin!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Good lord :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    It was tweaked for VOC compliance.

I`ve been using the paste, which was VOC compliant from the start and 3-4 months is no problem for it.

Nice pics Justin!

Guess it`s one of the few products that actually got better after the VOC changes.

I`ve also gotten good durabilty out of NXT paste, and it will be one of my first choices for wash & wax customers that won`t pay for a polishing step (even though they need it), here the cleaning ability will come in handy.

I did a test on the hood of my own car half NXT and half GC. I found that Gold Class actually also held up through two rainy months sitting outside 24/7. GC was also reformulated some time ago. I think the bad rep sticks from before they were reformulated.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like you covered her car in millions of tiny diamonds! LOL.

I use NXT on my daily, I love the ease of use factor, and over my DARK charcoal metallic, it looks like candy.

Great product if you don`t mind reapplying every few months.

Thread Information