Post Thanks / Like
    This is my buddies Jeep Cherokee. He picked this up about a week ago for $1100 w/ 130k miles. Had some serious swirls and hazing. He and I just went at it and got some good experience.

Process:

-Wash w/ Megs Gold Class Shampoo

-Clay whole Jeep

-Wash

-SSR2.5 w/ LC Orange Pad

-Klasse AIO

-Stoners on glass

-Meg`s High Endurance on all trim, bumpers, fender flares

-Hot Shine on tires then wiped off

-Hot Shine in wheel wells

-303 Protectant on dash and console

We are gonna put some Nuba or Zaino on it later. The fender flares and all other exterior plastic was REALLY faded. Back to black... no success. 303.. no success. High Endurance... works AWESOME! We tried SSR1 on some spots after 2.5, didn`t really change... I think the remaining swirls weren`t left by 2.5, but rather just too deep for 2.5 to tackle.

Anyway, there are only a few shots comparing before and after the 2.5... sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work! Can surely see the improvement in the side by side before and after. Now detail that garage so you can actually put vehicles in there! JK
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 01bluecls
    Awesome work! Can surely see the improvement in the side by side before and after. Now detail that garage so you can actually put vehicles in there! JK

NO JOKE! I cleaned it out... next day... tons more crap in there. Like my family thought I was making room for them to dump more stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    4.0 or the 2.5? My sister has the 4.0 and the AW4 auto and it`s a heck of alot faster than you`d ever think looking at it. This is also coming from a guy that drives a stock TDI so it`s all relative...though I wouldn`t mind that Audi R10 showing up on my doorstep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    NO JOKE! I cleaned it out... next day... tons more crap in there. Like my family thought I was making room for them to dump more stuff!

It`s funny how many people (especially in my neighbourhood) keep cars worth tens of thousands of dollars outside so that they can use their garage to store junk they`ll never use!

aypal: <-- btw wth is this? Just noticed it.
    Jed Bouscal

Mobile Reflections, Calgary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlies02GLS
    4.0 or the 2.5? My sister has the 4.0 and the AW4 auto and it`s a heck of alot faster than you`d ever think looking at it. This is also coming from a guy that drives a stock TDI so it`s all relative...though I wouldn`t mind that Audi R10 showing up on my doorstep.

4.0 RWD 5spd. He wanted a 4WD Auto.. .but isn`t complaining for the price and mileage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reflections
    It`s funny how many people (especially in my neighbourhood) keep cars worth tens of thousands of dollars outside so that they can use their garage to store junk they`ll never use!

aypal: <-- btw wth is this? Just noticed it.

Lol, yeah!!! I noticed that paypal smilie also just a minute ago!

Post Thanks / Like
    His car is now a good 5-10ft car. Up really close in direct light you can still some swirls, but they are DRASTICLY reduced. ANd like I said it`s hard to tell but I think they are ones that were too bad for 2.5 to remove. If I had some SSR3 I`d try that, but the SSR1 made NO visible difference, so I`m thinking they are just deeper ones.

Anyway, really good overall experience. Today driving to walmart I thought I rolled his window down... started to stick my head out and almost hit my face on the glass!!! Gotta love that stoner`s w/ a good glass MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    4.0 RWD 5spd. He wanted a 4WD Auto.. .but isn`t complaining for the price and mileage!

No definately not, might be better in the long run if he ever thrashes his tranny as it`s a whole lot easier to deal with a manual vs. a computer controlled Toyota auto transmission. Also, as you mentioned, the fuel savings you get as an added benefit of having a manual gearbox.

Post Thanks / Like
    never thought about using endurance on the exterior trim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    never thought about using endurance on the exterior trim

I was AMAZED. It spreads far and worked FAR better than 303 and Back to Black... I mean this trim was LIGHT LIGHT GRAY from weathering.. now it`s pretty dark!

Thread Information