Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is officially for sale - http://autopia.org/modules.php?name=...warticle&id=13

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

It all started a couple months ago when I decided to prep my Integra to sell. College was coming to an end and what better way to kick off my professional life than with a new vehicle. First thing was first, sell the Integra.

I wrote and edited personally for about two weeks, off and on. I then had some members from the boards help with it. In the end, I was thrilled with the ad and it really helped gauge an audience. To sum it up, KBB value on the car was about $5k; I had $10k in mods over the years and $2500 in maintenance in the past 10k miles. My selling price was $10,500. I was thrilled and was totally confident that the new buyer was in great hands with this vehicle. The final ad was listed here: Acura Integra GS-R For Sale

I ended up delivering the car about three hours away and accepting a certified check. The transaction was smooth and painless. The new owner is a fanatic about cars and has already been sponsored by a detailing product retailer since the purchase . At first I missed the car, but after my new purchase, I haven’t looked back.

Now, when I started my search, I had a couple criteria that I needed met, they included:

- 4-doors

- Sports-sedan performance and stature

- Manual tranny

- RWD or AWD

- Boat loads of amenities

Before this, I was all over the place. I was looking at Porsche 996s one week and WRX STis the next. So when all was said and done, my final three were (in no particular order):

- Volvo S60R

- BMW 330i ZHP (E46)

- Infiniti G35 Sedan

I drove two out of three (not the BM) and my mind was pretty much set. In the end it came down to me getting the Infiniti (new) for $10k cheaper than the new S60R and more optioned out than either.

I whored Edmunds.com every day to peel back the onion on this car. I also began reading over at G35Driver.com. Lastly, I found amazing advice over at CarBuyingTips.com. This website saved me thousands through just becoming an educated consumer and not being pushed around. I was able to feel safe and make accurate purchasing decisions.

So when crunch time came closer, I put the order through for a Diamond Graphite/Graphite, 6MT, Nav/Aero/Premium Sedan. My second choice, if there was no other optioned DG in the country was silver.

To my dismay, they found the Silver one quicker. They got it in and Liz and I were very upset. They didn’t understand how adamant we were about paint colors. She was the one who told them, “We are detailers; paint color is like women having the right shoes for her outfitâ€. Our disappointment resonated for a couple minutes throughout the entire dealership until the Finance Manager pulled me into the office. He insured me they’d get the car, no matter what. Low and behold, there were 7 of the exact cars on the East Coast, just “Out of the NE Regionâ€. My attitude was pretty much “Tell someone who cares, because I want Diamond Graphite, periodâ€. We calmed down; they put the order through and arranged for a loaner pickup a few days later.

For 2 weeks or so, I tooted around in an ’02 I35 which I detailed once and washed four times. They were ecstatic about the condition upon returning.

The days passed and I finally got the call saying that the car was in. I tried to control my excitement and scheduled an appointment for the next day. From Day 1, they had STRICT guidelines not to wash, detail, or remove ANY of the plastic. In addition, I told them I’d refuse the car if the front plate was drilled. Since this car was fresh off the boat from Japan, I wanted it just like that.

I went in on Wednesday with check in hand. As I mentioned, I got a great deal. The MSRP was $37,820; the invoice was $34,566. I paid $34,600. The key to this, IMO, was being an educated consumer (CarBuyingTips.com new car buying guide, avoiding dealer scams, new cars, used car buying) and using sugar before spice. I wasn’t arrogant and never said “I know you are making money hereâ€. I pushed hard, but not hard enough to turn them to the other side. I schmoozed with the salesman and Finance Manager and built a relationship. I knew and they knew that I was going to get a good deal, but at the end of the day, I would be a very good customer. So, with the special finance rate of 2.95%, I was off and flying. I got bumped to this special rate under a push since my credit was a touch under 700. The Finance Manager made everything happen.

So yes, in the end, I am extremely enthused about this purchase. George Harte Infiniti of West Haven, CT was GREAT. There were a few bumps in the road and they said themselves, “This was the most hiccups we’ve ever had on a deliveryâ€, however, I could accept it; I was being VERY picky. They made everything happen and didn’t think of dropping me on my a$$ for one second.

The car itself is a dream, honestly. I came from an Integra with manual everything. This car does everything on its own. The Navigation pops out from the dash, the Bluetooth option kills the music automatically during phone calls, and the memory settings are great. I really could go on for a while, but I will keep the zealous comments to myself.

So without further a due, I give you my new Infiniti G35 Sedan:

May, 31, 2006 (pickup)

Interior

-Zaino Z26 (7oz Z10; 1oz Z16) on leather, vinyl, rubber, plastic

-Klasse AIO (pre-VOC) on chrome, aluminum, clear plastic, and glass

Post Thanks / Like
    Exterior

-Z7 Wash

-Valu-Gard New Car Prep (solvent); spray on, let dwell for 2 mins, wipe clean (for plastic residue)

-Klasse AIO by hand (no swirls/mars ) on everything from the paint, wheels, windows, exhaust, and all plastic/rubber trim

-Zaino Z5 Pro x 3 (ZFX’d) on everythingâ€

-Zaino Z16 on tires/wells

On a final note, I want to thank everyone who I have asked for any sort of help, advice, or guidance about my buy/sell decisions. I feel like I’ve PM’d half the people on the board about their personal vehicles and advice in general. For what it’s worth, I can’t show enough appreciation for your help. Thank you all very much.

Cheers !

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice..congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply stunning Sean. Congrats on the new car purchase. :hifive:

I was at a Z/G picnic today and I love the G35 interior over the Z`s. It doesn`t even compare.

Any mod plans for it???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    VERY NICE CAR! Would have been my choice (although i would have opted for awd), from the color combo to the options you have purchased a very sexy car. Good rate too! I expect to se many pics in the future! Any plans for any mods?
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Good purchase, Sean. I really like the G35. What a hoot to drive. Nicely balanced. I think they`re more fun to drive than the 3 series. I always found it hard to get on the gas of a 3 series when coming out of a corner without the steering going too light and numb. Whereas the 3 series keeps you guessing, the G35`s steering stays nicely weighted. And at that price with those options it`s a great deal.

You`re going to be happy with four doors.

Post Thanks / Like
    my last job before enlisting in the Army was the parts counter at a brand new Infiniti dealership. From that day on, I`ve been a huge G35 fan. That is an awesome example of the sedan, congrats on your purchase! :xyxthumbs
    2003 Mach1
    black, 5-speed, silver stripes

low, clean, dark and loud

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t stand G35s; I try to avoid them at all costs - just the sight of them sends me into wretching fits.

(Awesome choice, Sean; if I was buying an `06 that`d be exactly the color combo and option setup I`d get).
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was guessing a G35 coupe but I guess thats a little more roomy for the "clients" congrats sean!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car, enjoy !

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats on the new ride. just out of curiousity... was the 2007 g35 sedan not irresistable to wait for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ride . Makes me look forward to when I get out of college and can finally afford something like that.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, for the warm wishes .

Corey: Coming from three consecutive coupes, 4-doors is a god-send! The car has such a stunning road feel, I feel spoiled.

BlackMach: Yep, I was hard-pressed to find a comparable sedan for the price.

imacarnut: There were a few main factors why I bought an 06 vs. 07:

1) The final model year has all the kinks worked out, most power, best looks/lights/styling, and is most sought after.

2) For the price, I really couldn`t pass up this one.

3) I needed "out" of my Integra. It wasn`t me anymore and I couldn`t deal with the impracticality and constant maintenance costs of a 100k+ mileage car.

4) I haven`t heard anything about the new one coming in stick. I HAD to have stick.

5) I think this is a nice segway to an M45, 4 years down the road .

Mods? maybe a couple . I was thinking:

- Z-tube w/ K&N drop-in

- Nismo front lip

- Huper Optik 40% tint

- Armorglove clearbra (this wed)

- 350Z Springs (1" drop)

-iPod adapter

maybe an exhaust wayyyy down the road.

For now, I`m happier than a pig in sh1t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    For now, I`m happier than a pig in sh1t.

and that`s all that matters... :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice. If you have any questions about mods let me know. Be sure to frequent G35driver as well.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information