Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    mreck: Yeah, I like the Infiniti emblem on the back as the only badging, look.

Front bumper, mirrors, and headlights came to $365 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the car Sean! The G`s are very stable at speed...enjoy. :xyxthumbs
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don`t badge a G35 with skyline badges....While the two are close in apperance, a USDM G35 still isn`t a skyline... And it`s still LHD.....

In my opinion atleast, i sorta shake my head at folks who put skyline badges on a vehicle that clearly isn`t. The people who don`t know anything about cars won`t know what a skyline is...and the people who do know what`s going on will know it`s clearly not a skyline. Im not sure the reasoning behind one would want to do that..

Coming from the Honda background (and I remember you from T-I.net) you used to see everyone re-badging their Acuras as Hondas.....while they may put a few JDM parts on the car, it`s still sold and marketed as an Acura..... (even tho it`s made by Honda)

I`d keep the stock badging if I were you. I`ve got a total appreciation for "stock" vehicles. Something untouched about them

Oh and nice whip btw! I`d love to have a G35...One of my fav`s for sure!!

If I had to choose it`d be between a 06 Acura TL and a 07 G37...I just love the styling of both.
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t particularly like the Skyline badging, but I`m interested to know why you think the G35 isn`t just a Skyline with different badges? Aside from the LHD/RHD thing they are identical in every single way.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Supposedly the rear bumper in the Japanese Skyline is narrower than the USDM version

I`m not big on the Skyline badging either, for the record.
    2003.5 Desert Platinum Infiniti G35 Sedan

Biweekly Routine---Wash: Foam gun + NXT Wash (Microfibers), then topped with #16 or OCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, beautiful car. Enjoy.

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OH HELLS YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cooleek: :hifive:

Congrats on the new ride Sean!!! Speaking from first hand knowledge of detailing many new Z`s and G`s...put a clear bra kit on that thing as soon as you can.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice choice Sean, congrats and good luck with it :2thumbs:

I`d throw some change in the backseat if I we`re in CT...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, I don`t even want to hear about your G35. I can`t fit into either the coupe or sedan without my head being crammed against the roof, so just keep all your comments about how great it is to yourself, you hear?!?

I fall into the camp that it would look tacky to rebadge it, however I think they do look pretty nice when they`re debadged. Nice clean look. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

velo: How tall are you? I`m knocking on 6`2" and I fit with plenty of room in the front and a little in the rear. I agree with the coupe, the headroom is a joke, but the sedan, I felt, was plentiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    Please don`t badge a G35 with skyline badges....While the two are close in apperance, a USDM G35 still isn`t a skyline... And it`s still LHD.....

In my opinion atleast, i sorta shake my head at folks who put skyline badges on a vehicle that clearly isn`t. The people who don`t know anything about cars won`t know what a skyline is...and the people who do know what`s going on will know it`s clearly not a skyline. Im not sure the reasoning behind one would want to do that..

The V35 Skyline 350GT is the G35 in the US. You have to keep in mind that besides the sports models (GTS-T, GTR) the Skyline in Japan has always been a big touring coupe and family sedan. If you go overseas they`re about as common as your average Camry or Accord here.

But I have to agree, no Skyline badging is clean. I do like the 350GT emblem though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new car, it looks beautiful. I didn`t particularly like the G35 when they first came out but I really like the mid-life facelift; the round taillights look a whole lot better. Good choice on getting a sedan and a nice color. I would`ve gone with the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice new ride! probably not too many Infiniti G35`s and FX`s near you right? the sound of the G35 coupe and FX is getting quite annoying here in NYC since i usually see about 30 of them a day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSRstilez
    velo: How tall are you? I`m knocking on 6`2" and I fit with plenty of room in the front and a little in the rear. I agree with the coupe, the headroom is a joke, but the sedan, I felt, was plentiful.
    I`m about 6`1", but I guess I have a long torso. Headroom is a big issue when I`m shopping for cars. With the G35 sedan it`s a close call, but my hair is brushing the headliner just enough I know it would get annoying on a daily basis. I can fit in an Audi TT (coupe or roadster), but not in a Caddy CTS, I`m brushing the headliner about the same as with the G35 sedan. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car Sean!

Quote Originally Posted by 96snake
    I can see being that picky for a Ferrari. But for a glorified Nissan? Nice car but thats a little too obsessive imo.

Lorne

Lorne, you picked the wrong site to criticize people for being too picky with their cars. :chuckle:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information