Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    1958 Volkswagen Kabrolet, last painted in the mid 70s with single stage Imron paint. Mostly pretty nice, no noticable fading (major garage queen, hasn`t been driven in the rain for at least 15 years) but a few areas with bad spider swirls-though it was mostly swirl free over the rest of the car. The interior is in absolutely incredible shape! He just wanted a quick polish and wax, not really interested in it being perfect as he is debating having it repainted (some minor body work issues) so I went over it with Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze using a Meguiars polishing pad and topped with Pinnacle Souveran.

I also detailed his wife`s 1998 Mercedes ML320. I hadn`t seen it in a couple years but the interior needed very little work to get it looking new again. The exterior had some swirling so I used Optimum Compound with a white LC polishing pad and followed with Werkstatt`s Prime using a blue Propel polishing pad and topped with Acrylic Jett.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Porsche Carrera 4. Ordered last November, he got it in early May. He`s only put around 200 miles on it but is having serious buyer`s regret. Just isn`t what he expected so he might be selling it pretty quick and may buy a 1967 Chevelle. I guess he is just more of a muscle car guy. He also has a 1969 Dodge Dart 340 (on my website) that is almost finished after a frame on resto and the 1969 Camaro Z/28 he bought (original DZ302 and chambered exhaust!) is at the paint shop having the correct Hugger Orange slathered all over it.

I figured I`d better get some shots of the Porsche in case he dumps it quick. Full on noon sun probably isn`t the best for silver paint though...

Obviously needed very little being brand new, so it got Werkstatt`s Prime with a blue Propel finishing pad and Acrylic Jett by hand.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2004 Lexus SC430. First detail on a 2-year-old car with about 6000 miles on it. Overall in great shape but it had light spider swirls and rotary holograms from the initial dealer prep. The owner really hadn`t even noticed them until I pointed them out. I went over it with Meguiars DACP using a Meguiars polishing pad, Menzerna 106FF/Clearkote Red Machine Glaze with a white LC polishig pad and you can see my son Chris applying the Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba to the Lexus.

DACP, 106/RMG and EX turned out to be a very deep and liquid looking combo!

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    that lexus looks dripping wet, nice scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    that lexus is so red! wow nice and deep red

Post Thanks / Like
    That Beetle is so beautiful...one of the few black carbios I`ve seen...and a silky glowing one at that. Nice work there sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cab is looking nice!! Did you do anything to the chrome? I`m a sucker for older VW`s, I love the sound of the pea shooter exhaust . I`m not a fan of red usually, but the combo on the Lexus is very nice. It`s always a pleasure to look at the cars you`ve done

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome work!

that beetle looks wet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome details Scott! :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Whos that kid on the sC430? Who is that sidekick?

Post Thanks / Like
    I simply love the beetle it looks so black and the same goes to the SC430, it looks so red

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, how was that Imron to polish? Imron is a two-part polyurethane, it`s an airplane paint but was popular at that time for special cars. I never hear about anyone using that kind of paint on cars these days (not that I`m really in a position to other than what`s said on here), was wondering what the polishing response was like, since that`s some rugged stuff.

PS Due to the polyisocyanates in the Imron, an air-fed respirator was recommended to keep it from accumulating in your body...maybe that`s why you don`t hear about it being used by hobbyists too much anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that Lexus is beutiful nice depth!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah
    The Cab is looking nice!! Did you do anything to the chrome? I`m a sucker for older VW`s, I love the sound of the pea shooter exhaust . I`m not a fan of red usually, but the combo on the Lexus is very nice. It`s always a pleasure to look at the cars you`ve done

I used what I always use, Vanilla Moose on the chrome, which, btw, was in excellent shape!

Mike-Imrom is like a frickin` rock, glad he just wanted a quick polish and wax. Very little color transfer with #80 too. Seems to gain gloss easily though.

I was really happy with how black that paint looks, definitely one of the `blackest` cars I have ever done, seems even blacker than the Rolls and Cayenne I regularly clean.

klync-yes, that is my older son, ready to work after finishing his freshman year of college.
    www.scottwax.com

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work Scott!!! :xyxthumbs

There is a pretty strong aftermarket following for the Porsche. With a few well placed mods that car might turn out to be more than your client planned for!! It would certainly be cheaper than taking the hit of flipping a new car.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information