Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, this is my first post on here. A friend of mine told me about this web site, I thought I`d check it out. I was a detailer at a Honda/Dodge local dealership for a year or so. Im only 19, this is my father`s Nsx.

Spent about 7hours or so doing exterior detail on the nsx. Wash/Claybar/Prewax/Waxed, Waxed Rims/Tire Shine.

Story behind this: In my neighborhood I met a detailer for Pebble Beach/Jackson Barrett car autions, he goes to shows and sells Zymol stuff and sells out of his house. He also has produce some cleaners for the company. His store in his house has thousands of dollars worth of stuff, even 2x of that $1,800 wax in the crystal(see below). I learned so much from him, and he spends per car about 16-18 hours for a full detail.

Now, All i use is Zymol stuff, i swear by it after meething this guy. They make some crazy waxes, I use a wax called ``Japon`` for the nsx, 37% Carnauba, specific cars with Japanese paintwork, wax is oily than normal wax. After opening, the wax goes into the frig or it can go bad because its all natural, some hardcore crap, Carwax next to the milk?

check out this $1,800 car wax

http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm

$1,111 car wax

http://www.zymol.com/alant2.htm

not bad paint for a 91?

(Inside rims are dirty )

Post Thanks / Like
    feel free to post any comments!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job man, looks real good. That is a beautiful NSX! Those wheels fit the car nicely I think. I little too bling bling for my tastes but the mesh wheel looks good on there. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done, and welcome!!! I`ve always liked the NSX.

Wax next to the milk? A while back, I was on the "free list" of a major tennis racquet manufacturer. They wanted me to stencil the company`s logo on the strings of the racquet, though.

The ink was much like liquid shoe polish. It needed to be in the fridge, too. So, I had shoe polish next to the beer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that first pic is beautiful! The wheels look great on that car too. :up

I`ll tell you right now though, you could have gotten the car to look every bit as good without the expensive wax. And there is no reason to claim a wax as "specific for Japanese paints". Zymol just has to come up with these odd claims to convince people that their expensive products are worth ungodly amounts of money.

:welcome to Autopia! :wavey
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    That car looks fanstastic, but I have to agree with Paul. Of course, if you really like the Zymol and like the results you get with it and don`t mind paying the higher prices, then there`s nothing wrong with that and Zymol makes good stuff.

I would have went with a glaze/Pinnacle Souveran combo on that color myself. If you`re interested in trying out other carnaubas, check out the Pinnacle Souveran, P21S, Trade Secret, Poorboy`s Natty`s, or Finish Kare Pink Wax. They`re all awesome and pretty economical.

Those wheels look badass, btw.

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work! I too am a big Zymol fan although you won`t find too many of us here on Autopia. There are a lot of great brands out there and IMO Zymol is one of them, but a lot of people are turned off by the price.

I bet your neighbor is a great resource. I met an NSX owner this summer who was telling me how he met Chuck Bennett (the owner of Zymol) at an NSX meet and how much he learned from him in just a few hours.

Personally, I dabble in other brands but have yet to find a wax I like better than Zymol. I`m excited for the spring though because I plan to precede my Zymol treatment with Menzerna polishes. :2thumbs:

Remember to find something you like and to stick with it, but don`t ever be afraid to try new things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love those wheels on that car, perfect fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice NSX. I also like the wheels.

I have Japon and the NSX Zymols and they are good but Pinnacle Souveran is even wetter imho. You may want to try that on the next round.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh..nice looking detail job!

$1800 for a wax? If you buy that I also have some nice beach front property in Irag for sale!

There is no difference in that $1800 Zymol wax than a $25 tub of Trade Secret paste wax, sorry.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Ahh..nice looking detail job!

$1800 for a wax? If you buy that I also have some nice beach front property in Irag for sale!

There is no difference in that $1800 Zymol wax than a $25 tub of Trade Secret paste wax, sorry.

Anthony
    Well, I imagine they`re not exactly the same formula. However, there`s no doubt in my mind that there is not $1775 worth of difference.

Zymol is based in Connecticut. One day I`d like to take a drive over there and see if I could get a factory tour. I`d like to see exactly how an $1800 dollar wax is made.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the highest amount of carnauba wax you can put into a paste wax is, if I remember correctly, about 30% but most have a content of only around 18%.

There might be some beeswax, parrifin, etc. Some bannana oil, coconut oil, and/or silicones and solvents so I can`t think of anything that is in the Zymol formulation to justify, as you also noted Mike, the extra $1700 :grinno:

Although I can think of a bunch of things I could spend that $1700 on....I think an $1800 LCD TV would like nicer on my wall more than an $1800 tub of wax in my fridge :LOLOL

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Although I can think of a bunch of things I could spend that $1700 on....I think an $1800 LCD TV would like nicer on my wall more than an $1800 tub of wax in my fridge :LOLOL
    If I had a tub of $1800 wax in my fridge it would be because it was next to my bottles of Krystal :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc
    Well, I imagine they`re not exactly the same formula. However, there`s no doubt in my mind that there is not $1775 worth of difference.

Zymol is based in Connecticut. One day I`d like to take a drive over there and see if I could get a factory tour. I`d like to see exactly how an $1800 dollar wax is made.
    Let me know! I`d be interested in the drive over. NSX looks good though.
    1996 Deep Evergreen Nissan Maxima SE 5MT -- 1990 White Nissan 240sx F/B 5MT

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyc

the owner of zymol has a nsx!

I would like to eat some of that 1800 wax hah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information