Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I went nuts on the car today. Since the garage is nearly finished I basically just got to try some products out that had been sitting for a while.

First up Nattys blue vs Zymol Titanium.

The car bonnet was split in half, the zymol side got HD cleanse and Titanium, the Nattys Blue side got DC1 and Nattys Blue.

Heres a pic to make it clearer.

Both MF`s were the same and the QD used was the same. I decided against zymols own MF as its shocking to be honest! lol and yep I even used my hands to apply the zymol.

First thoughts, well zymol won the looks and feel hands down, the bonnet was silky smooth and looked deeper with some extra BLUENESS !

The nattys side was a little less silky and to finally help prove my point, the swirls were more noticeable on the nattys side than the zymol: I have always thought their waxes were very glaze heavy and the HD Cleanse was very similar to #7 infact side by side you probably couldn`t tell the difference.

Once I had completed that I filled some stone chips and touched up another problem area (no pics not finished as yet).

The rest of the car got a QD and some OCW - being careful to stay away from any new paint.

The whole experiment materialised after the discussions we have had about nattys vs souvern, souvern vs zymol etc etc. So I thought I`d give it a go, ill keep the test up to date and will be able to inform you who comes out on top against the weather.

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess this is one of those things you have to be there to see. I really like the color of your car! Anyways looks like a good experiment to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about some more side-by-side hood shots?? Maybe throw something reflected into the pics or something... It`s hard to tell the difference from just that first shot!

BTW, nice, clean garage! It has pretty good lighting too! (that`s more than can be said of mine)
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks drewski, its just a detailing only garage! so thats why theres zero mess, you can see more pics in the Garage thread I posted.

I just go out and take some more side by side shots!

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting test, and yeah, that`s a really nice color.

Next time, you might try using the HD Cleanse for prepping both sides. I`ve only used the HD Cleanse a few times (and it was a *long* time ago), but I found it pretty different from the DC#1, more like Pinnacle`s PCL. DC#1 never hides *anything* for me but the others do, and that might explain a little of the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nattys Blue side

Zymol Side

50/50 shot of zymol in middle of test spot.

Excuse the paintwork nearer the back only the test part of the bonnet was polished today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator you hit the nail on the head, HD Cleanse as I know is a glaze, it smells like a glaze, it reacts like a glaze and it covers like a glaze. So yeh I should have used that! My other choice was Poorboys polish (blue) but I thought the carnauba content would make it unfair in the longevity section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both sides look great, kind of hard to see a difference in the pictures but I`d agree that Natty`s isn`t the deepest looking carnauba but it does look incredibly wet. On my own car, I use it over Carnauba Moose, Carnauba Jett or Souveran to add a wetter look to the deep finish those waxes leave.

I`m definitely interested in hearing how each side holds up.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorta tough to see the difference from the pics, huh? And that`s not a slam on the photos...it`s just hard to see some things given internet resolution quality. Some details looks sharper on the Natty`s side, but then others look sharper on the Zymol side. And that`s leaving aside the whole depth/color quality thing, which I just can`t see. I bet the differences are much more apparent in person.

Guess I`d approach it this way (if I were nutty enough to want to redo the test ). Clean both sides with the Meg`s DC#1. Then do both sides with the HD Cleanse. Both of those products are good for what they are. *Then* do the half/half LSP comparison. I bet the two LSPs would be mighty similar with equal prep and I also bet (wild guess) that the Natty`s would last a lot longer than the Zymol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Natty`s look wetter to me on those hood shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^yeah it looks darker as well. i think its just down to the lighting though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be interested in the results of your test, JJ. Keep us posted. Also your detaing garage is terrific. Thanks for keeping us posted on that one,too!!

Thoroughly looked over the two pictures and I have to say that they both look great!!

Am not a good judge of depth and wetness or whatever. Have just completed my own testing of carnuaba`s recently. Wish I would have had Natty`s to use in the test. What I found is that they look good. I did use Zymol Estate. Although I used an applicator rather than by hand. Just am not happy with the durability or the protection that carnuabas provide. I guess that I just prefer sealants.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking I might just start again and get totally clean perfect panels to start with then Hd cleanse both sides finally 50/50 zymol and nattys blue.

The car needs a polish anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too find the natty side better than the Zymol.
    Detailing is not an obession, its a way of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my friends here runs a BMW/ Alpina shop, and his car is an immaculate black BMW 2002. He only uses Zymol on any of his cars (I don`t remember which one, but it`s yellowish and costs the equivalent of about $300 for a small jar.)

I had recently imported Natty`s Blue and CMW for the first time, and we applied all three on the hood to compare. I thought the CMW looked exactly the same as the Zymol: deep, reflective and rich; the Natty`s Blue was slightly wetter, though maybe not as deep.

This guy tends to equate high price with quality, so he wasn`t too pleased; he still insisted that the Zymol looked the best, though he did say he was impressed by the others. (I don`t mean that as a criticism of Zymol; it really did look beautiful, but of course it cost a fortune, so. . . :nixweiss )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information