Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PC + Patience = Reward!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys and gals! Last night I decided to clean my 1992 Mustang GT. The paint is original and is starting to really show it! I know white is hard to show reflections so when I saw this one on the hood this morning at work, I had to get a shot. Nothing great but definately better than before I got a hold of it...LOL! It was cloudy unfortunately but anywho, here is the process:

Wash: Zymol

Dry: Aqua Dry chamois

Polish: Hi-Temp Medium Cut w/PC and Orange LC pad

Wax: NXT

I did not get a chance to finish the detail as it was late last night and rain this afternoon unfortunately. Maybe this weekend will work out. Sorry for no before pics but I did not realize how well the paint would come up...Now I have to go after my 2003 Camry SE~BLACK! Talk about night and day cars! Thanks to all on this site. I have learned so much from all of you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work! Looks great, especially for white.

Looks like a nice 5.0 you`ve got there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty decent depth you got there.

Looking forward to seeing how you do with the black car ...

PC + Patience = Reward!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replys!

Sloth: This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned. I bought it new Labor Day Weekend in 92 and it just turned 160,000 miles with no troubles (hope I didn`t jinx it just now).

Mad: I really was surprised at how deep it looks...I will post pics when I finish the car. The Camry has pretty decent spiderweb swirls, even after being careful washing it. It seems as if the paint is really soft! I will get before and afters of that one. I intend on using Hi-Temp products with NXT or S100 as a topper. Thanks again for the response...it is appreciated.

PC + Patience = Reward!
    Post Thanks / Like
    One quick pic of the entire car (this was before the buff, after the wash). The main reason for this post is I need to address the black door window frame. As you can see in the photo, the black is fading. Do I just re-paint this or is this a dye of some kind? It appears to be metal. Any ideas? Thanks so much...

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s metal then try an application of AIO. Hopefully that`ll clean it right up.

If not then I suppose a repaint would be next.

PC + Patience = Reward!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fear that the fade is caused by me from where my hands always grab the door to close it. It appears to be going through down to a raw surface. I may run across the street from work and ask a body shop on Monday...This one has stumped me! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good looking 5.0! Excellent depth and wetness on white in that first picture.

I`ve had really good results using NXT on white paint as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Good looking 5.0! Excellent depth and wetness on white in that first picture.

I`ve had really good results using NXT on white paint as well.

I personally find that NXT is kind of under-rated around here. I can`t help but feel that people place it on a lower level than most of the botique waxes. Sure, the durability isn`t all that great, but I know from first hand experience that it makes black, blue and white all look really great. NXT is one of my fav products to work with

Post Thanks / Like
    White 92 Mustang?! Now you`re talking! Here`s mine, but it`s a garage queen with 16,000 miles. Your paint looks incredible for the age/mileage!

Hiding out in his room!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 93toy
    White 92 Mustang?! Now you`re talking! Here`s mine, but it`s a garage queen with 16,000 miles. Your paint looks incredible for the age/mileage!

how do you keep yourself from driving it? :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not easy! But most of the time if a slight cloud forms in the sky I can talk myself out of it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought about using pb`s trim restorer on that faded black part? It works wonders for me. I use the pb`s then some aio after words for good measure.

PC + Patience = Reward!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Scottwax: Thank you for the kind words. I also feel NXT has provided me with the look I want out of my white stang and black camry.

Sloth: I agree with you about NXT...It is so easy to use. I love both NXT and S100!

93Toy: Now that is an awesome ride! I envy you for sure...The factory paint has held up amazingly well on my 92, but as noted, it is starting to show its` age even after a detail. I still love it and it still gets compliments so what more can I ask for (other than to have it look like yours...LOL)!

GetRight: I will definately try out PB TR as I have wanted to try out some PB products anyway...

Thanks to all for the help and kind words!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, both beautiful cars. Foxbody Mustangs are one of the few cars I really like in white.

My 96 GT spends most of it`s time hiding out in the garage these days as well. It`s nice to have a car that is always in perfect shine when you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information