Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This was my first time using a pc and i`m fairly satisfied with the results. It was also my first time using z2 pro over the z2. Z2 pro seems to add more depth and slightly more wetness, but still not what i`m looking for. I will be moving on to menzerna and souveran for my next detail. Sorry, no before shots as i didnt have a camera to use at the time.

Process

wash

clay w/mothers claybar

wash again

zpc with sonus yellow pad on the pc set at 5-6

z5 x3 via pc

z8

z2 x2

z8

z16 on tires

megs nxt polish on exhaust tips

finger got in the way of this shot

i have some baked on brake dust that isnt coming off, any suggestions on what to use to get that off would be helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    Great looking Z! Very wet. :clap: How is the orange peel? I was looking at two in the showroom yesterday and it was pretty bad.

As far as the brake dust, try clay since you have it. It should take if off. You could try some paint polish first if you don`t want to waste your clay.

Have any close up shots of the Z?

How do you like the Z? Do you feel it is worth the money?

Post Thanks / Like
    nice looking detail on that black car!!

How comfortable were you using the PC? Did you find it easy to apply a thin layer of Z5 with the PC? After applicattion of Z5 was there any problem with buffing it off or drying time of the product? Was wondering how much product that you used for Z5 and Z2? Am curious?

Now you can use your experience to get that shine that is so allusive. I know that I am still looking for it. Am enjoying the search. The more you know the more the glow.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    Great looking Z! Very wet. :clap: How is the orange peel? I was looking at two in the showroom yesterday and it was pretty bad.

As far as the brake dust, try clay since you have it. It should take if off. You could try some paint polish first if you don`t want to waste your clay.

Have any close up shots of the Z?

How do you like the Z? Do you feel it is worth the money?
    thanks for the compliments. The orange peel is all that bad on black z`s, its definetly noticeable if you get your face real close to the paint at certain angles. Nissan paint is certainly not the best paint i`ve seen, it chips/swirls/scratches very easily.

Thanks for suggestions on how to get the brake dust off, i`m going to go try it in just a second.

As far as close ups of the z i dont have any from this detail, however i do have some from a previous zaino detail in october of 04 when the car was only a few months old.

i absolutly love the car, it was worth every penny i paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If clay doesn`t work then NXT all metal polysh will. I know its not bare metal, but I tried it and it worked great!

Car looks great BTW.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks very good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t beat black for a beautiful shine. Nice job. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    From a Super Black 350Z owner that car looks awesome. With all of the recent talk of Zaino and seeing some of the recent details on black, I am getting the itch to give it a go.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    thats a real nice car u got there , Did u apply the z2pro with pc or by hand?

cuz now i have swtiched to using only the pc for zaino and i feel that with pc the shine comes out much better.

iF u wanna get more depth u might wanna try to top it with something like souveran or p21s, however that will result in alot of dust on your car, atleast that is what noticed when i topped zaino off with a caranuba.

either way, the detail is kick a$$

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    nice looking detail on that black car!!

How comfortable were you using the PC? Did you find it easy to apply a thin layer of Z5 with the PC? After applicattion of Z5 was there any problem with buffing it off or drying time of the product? Was wondering how much product that you used for Z5 and Z2? Am curious?

Now you can use your experience to get that shine that is so allusive. I know that I am still looking for it. Am enjoying the search. The more you know the more the glow.
    It very easy to apply z5 via pc super thin. I actually had to throw out some zaino because i had enough for 2 extra coats vs me having done it by hand. I had no problem at all buffing it off with a mf towel after ~30-45 min drying time. I used a half oz of z5 intending to do just 2 coats with it because thats normally what i use with it. I ended up doing three layers of z5 because it went on so thin and i still had enough enough for another coat. For the z2 i used 1/4 oz of it for 2 layers and still ended up throwing a small amount out. I cant wait to try out the menzerna polishes and souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster_Tx
    thats a real nice car u got there , Did u apply the z2pro with pc or by hand?

cuz now i have swtiched to using only the pc for zaino and i feel that with pc the shine comes out much better.

iF u wanna get more depth u might wanna try to top it with something like souveran or p21s, however that will result in alot of dust on your car, atleast that is what noticed when i topped zaino off with a caranuba.

either way, the detail is kick a$$
    z2 was done by pc, i`ll never apply zaino by hand again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
    It very easy to apply z5 via pc super thin. I actually had to throw out some zaino because i had enough for 2 extra coats vs me having done it by hand. I had no problem at all buffing it off with a mf towel after ~30-45 min drying time. I used a half oz of z5 intending to do just 2 coats with it because thats normally what i use with it. I ended up doing three layers of z5 because it went on so thin and i still had enough enough for another coat. For the z2 i used 1/4 oz of it for 2 layers and still ended up throwing a small amount out. I cant wait to try out the menzerna polishes and souveran.

Thanks for the comeback. Have used Zaino, both with a PC and thru hand application, but seem to be putting it on to thick. Have had a problem buffing off the haze. Has not diminished the shine but seems to be extra work that I would like to alleviate. Drying times must be because of the inability to put on thin coats.

Thank you!!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good.

What is missing in the appearance in particular? What are you looking for?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    Thanks for the comeback. Have used Zaino, both with a PC and thru hand application, but seem to be putting it on to thick. Have had a problem buffing off the haze. Has not diminished the shine but seems to be extra work that I would like to alleviate. Drying times must be because of the inability to put on thin coats.

Thank you!!!
    i found that the best way to apply a thin coat was to dab the pad with little spots of zaino then run it at setting 4-5 until it starts thinning out then move back down to 3 on the pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Looks really good.

What is missing in the appearance in particular? What are you looking for?
    not getting the depth and wetness i`m looking for, i think its because i prefer the look of a caranuba over zaino. Also i was unable to get out the deeper swirls and scratches with zpc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information