Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Take time to say Thanks.

With the Concours and show season approaching I wanted to add
    something. No one wins money here the proceeds go to charity. When an owner presents a vehicle, especially at at Concours out of state they could have thousands wrapped up in attending. There is travel, the detail, lodging and transportation. They do this because it is a hobby and proceeds go to a good cause.

I know myself the bill stops at the end of the detail. There is still getting the vehicle there and representation. (no charge)
    This is a long weekend without pay but supports what the shows are all about. It`s the way I try to contribute.

When you get the chance to talk to an owner "Thank them" they truly support this hobby and the charities.

If we cross paths I`d be glad to talk. Just thought I`d throw this out there. The owners alike love sharing that`s why they do it. If it wasn`t for their generosity many would not get to see some of these fine examples.

Best to you and enjoy the upcoming show season.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Take time to say Thanks.

I always do! I don`t like to say I go to events to see the cars, but rather to talk to the owners. Sure, seeing a cool car is nice, but hearing the history of the car, and all the time and effort that goes into them is even better.

It isn`t the cars themselves that drive the industry or develop the culture, it`s the people that get out and make it happen!

I never understand the people that go to events and silently walk around just looking, be social!
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    I always do! I don`t like to say I go to events to see the cars, but rather to talk to the owners. Sure, seeing a cool car is nice, but hearing the history of the car, and all the time and effort that goes into them is even better.

It isn`t the cars themselves that drive the industry or develop the culture, it`s the people that get out and make it happen!

I never understand the people that go to events and silently walk around just looking, be social!
    You get it. Many would be surprised how willing the owner is to talk about their vehicle no matter the value. Personally I drooled over a 275 GTB alloy body for two years at shows.
    One day the owner and I talked and did one car; now we are friends and I do the whole collection. No one knows where a conversation between two "car guys" can lead.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Thread Information