Post Thanks / Like

2011 RedBull Indianapolis MotoGP

My brother and I spent the weekend at Indy for the MotoGP race. We arrived at 10am Saturday and spent most of the day checking out all of the vendors, custom bikes, and everything in the market place, all while trolling the stands looking for good seats right before each qualifying run. We made our way to the Hall of Fame building and I was able to get some pretty cool pics of some of the history thats been made at Indy.

Me with the speed girls

Sitting on Jorge Lorenzo`s bike

Some of the crazy and custom bikes on display at different vendor tents

Saturday evening we made our way to downtown Indy for the XDL stunt show

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 RedBull Indianapolis MotoGP

Sunday was race day and we stayed close to our seats for most of the day. I didnt bother taking many pics of the racing because they never turn out great on a camera phone. Heres a few shots of the action.

Casey Stoner sat an all time track record Saturday, and went on to absolutely dominate the MotoGP class in the race today. Repsol Hondas owned Indy today in both the MotoGP and Moto2 classes, with Marc Marquez
    taking that one.

We had a great time and I plan to go back next year. While standing in line for food, I watched as bikes cruised the streets outside the Speedway. I stood there for a long while and it occured to me...there are Harleys and sportbikes, enduros and scooters..all riding together, waving at each other, and enjoying each others company on the road. It was an awesome sight.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post/pictures. Someday I will share the story of my and three of my friends who rode our street bikes from Florida to California (obligatory lay over in Vegas) to watch the Lagnuna Seca Moto GP and meet our hero at the time, Valentino Rossi.

On second thought, I might not want to share too many details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Great post/pictures. Someday I will share the story of my and three of my friends who rode our street bikes from Florida to California (obligatory lay over in Vegas) to watch the Lagnuna Seca Moto GP and meet our hero at the time, Valentino Rossi.

On second thought, I might not want to share too many details.
    Rossi didn`t do well at Indy. I really wanted to see him and Hayden make it to the podium but it didn`t happen. Rossi crashed on Saturday, screwing his qualifying up. Then he had gearbox problems Sunday. Hayden didn`t do well in qualifying either, then made a poor decision on tires for Sundays race. He didn`t finish the last few laps because of it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was there, great time, yeah Rossi sucked, I have pics of his crash. I was impressed by the XR1200s, pretty entertaining. I got to meet Colin Edwards and get his autograph again so I was happy, too bad his bike wasn`t that great.

If anyone is into bikes and hasn`t gone, if they re-up, you should go, great atmosphere, and the Motorcycles on Meridian downtown is crazy, at least 60K bikes this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post
    I was there, great time, yeah Rossi sucked, I have pics of his crash. I was impressed by the XR1200s, pretty entertaining. I got to meet Colin Edwards and get his autograph again so I was happy, too bad his bike wasn`t that great.

If anyone is into bikes and hasn`t gone, if they re-up, you should go, great atmosphere, and the Motorcycles on Meridian downtown is crazy, at least 60K bikes this year.
    You REALLY need to post MORE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indy YZF View Post

Your welcome to post some pics in this thread. I would love to see the Rossi crash

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    Thank you for share high quality pictures, I am a bike rider and love riding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacoboram View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you for share high quality pictures, I am a bike rider and love riding.
    It was my pleasure. Hopefully I`ll have a few from the 2012 race as well. Welcome to AF btw..there are several of us here who ride

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, missed this one, Missed being at Indy. Was there in the 70`s and it`s one place everyone should visit once. Thanks for sharing and have a Merry Christmas.......
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information