Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheelin` at Hollister Hills, CA- 5/20/07. 56K You`ve been warned...

Solid pictures man, im over on jeep forum as well so im sure I will see your pictures again haha.

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bacwoodsboy View Post
    yeah....well you know what JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket........by the way unless you plan on running 37`s and up on tires a 4:56 ratio would suit your needs better, they rate a 33-36" application w/ 4:56`s as your best overall performance range....that is what i run and it is more then enough w/ a locker......i will be changing my rear to a Ford 8.8 w/ disc brakes out of my 97 explorer and using a Ox locker.....then going to a front and rear 4-link.......my friend is the CAD designer for Blue Torch Fab so he is helping me with the set up design
    Everyone says 4:88`s are almost like stock with the 4 cyl and 33`s, and with how well mine does right now I figured 4:56`s would be fine, but if I ever go up to 35`s the 4:88`s would be nice to have. I`m starting to think I`ll keep the 33`s for a while, so 4:56`s will probably be what I go with.

the more and more I think about it, the more I want an Aussie locker. I realized my foot is pretty freaking light on the trail (IMO) so the turdy-5 should be OK.

Blake- I think I`ve spotted you ever there a few times but wasn`t sure if it was you. What type of Jeep do you have? I know I`ve either seen you in the TJ or YJ forum
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Post Thanks / Like

the 4:56 ratio will work good up to a 37" tire....but it is up to you if you drive on the road alot the 4:56 will deliver better mpg....however with you having a 4 banger the 4:88 may help you if your a light foot
    Xclusive Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LikeaRock View Post
    Blake- I think I`ve spotted you ever there a few times but wasn`t sure if it was you. What type of Jeep do you have? I know I`ve either seen you in the TJ or YJ forum

Yeah, that is me.

I have a 03 Grand Cherokee (WJ)...its just stock right now, I would eventually like to get 4.5" on it or maybe even the Iron Rock Offroad 5.5` lift but we will see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlakeNS View Post
    Yeah, that is me.

I have a 03 Grand Cherokee (WJ)...its just stock right now, I would eventually like to get 4.5" on it or maybe even the Iron Rock Offroad 5.5` lift but we will see.
    have you considered the rusty`s offroad lifts? that`s what i run great products
    Xclusive Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

have you considered the rusty`s offroad lifts? that`s what i run great products

Yeah I have, I like there 4.5" lift, looks solid. I just need to save up some money before I do everything because I want to get lift, nice aggresive tires, not sure what tires yet and maybe some new rims.

Post Thanks / Like

if you drive on the highway alot a ran superswampers ssr tire and got over 50k out of them....they are a bit pricey but a great tire.
    Xclusive Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

if you drive on the highway alot a ran superswampers ssr tire and got over 50k out of them....they are a bit pricey but a great tire.
    Nice, Im not sure what tire I would get I like the goodyear mtr`s but I also like nitto mud grapplers, my buddy had those on his lifted f150 and they were solid and now he runs one of the super swampers im not sure which though.

Post Thanks / Like

both of those tires are solid my friend owns a 4x4 shop so we get to see what all the products are about......i have run the truxis m/t`s and they are great offroad tires but didnt last long on the road and maxxis bighorns they where about the same as the truxis by the way if you jeep owners would like visit my site panhandle4x4 and pm me your name and address and i`ll add you to our club incentives program with 4wheeldrive hardware it will allow you a 10% discount year round.
    Xclusive Auto Detailing

...Dreaming on an E92.... LikeaRock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My BFG MT`s are a pretty good tire, they`ve performed great in every condition they`ve been in. On road they can be a bit loud from the tread locks thwapping on the pavement but it only seems to happen on certain surfaces, like old crappy asphalt. On the highway they quiet right down, providing it`s not a crappy highway... Got `em with 12K miles worn off and about 65-70% tread left, I`ve put about another 10K on them already and they`ve got a good 40-50% left still. On the 10" wide wheels they seem to be wearing great.

There`s a WJ I see around my part of town every now and then and it looks awesome. It`s got F/R bumpers, Goodyear MTR`s on beadlocks, and although I haven`t gotten a chance to see it up close I swear to freaking God it`s got what looks to be a Yota 8" rear end
    "Lifes too short to live in caution"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow see if you can get pictures of that WJ around your area somedtime. My friend used to run the BGF MT`s on his f 150 before he had nitto mud grapplers and super swampers (which he has now) they were good tires, my buddy has them on his dodge and they preform very well, I might have some pictures I can share ive never seen his dodge get stuck and hes been in mud really deep.

Here are some random pics of some mudding when I went with some buddies, you can see my jeep clean over to the right in one of these pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeaRock View Post
    My BFG MT`s are a pretty good tire, they`ve performed great in every condition they`ve been in. On road they can be a bit loud from the tread locks thwapping on the pavement but it only seems to happen on certain surfaces, like old crappy asphalt. On the highway they quiet right down, providing it`s not a crappy highway... Got `em with 12K miles worn off and about 65-70% tread left, I`ve put about another 10K on them already and they`ve got a good 40-50% left still. On the 10" wide wheels they seem to be wearing great.

There`s a WJ I see around my part of town every now and then and it looks awesome. It`s got F/R bumpers, Goodyear MTR`s on beadlocks, and although I haven`t gotten a chance to see it up close I swear to freaking God it`s got what looks to be a Yota 8" rear end

Post Thanks / Like

we are having a ride this sat. and are expecting 350-500 people out....we have two mud pits one deep hole and one fast pit.....not to mention the man made stuff for the jeep and buggies i`ll post pics monday
    Xclusive Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

we are having a ride this sat. and are expecting 350-500 people out....we have two mud pits one deep hole and one fast pit.....not to mention the man made stuff for the jeep and buggies i`ll post pics monday

Wow, sounds good...looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information