Post Thanks / Like

Croatian Hypercar?

Local Collector had their ‘Event’ yesterday, interesting ‘thing that I’ve never seen’ was the Rimac Nevera, an 1813hp EV from a Croatian startup mfg. Two were at show being delivered to new owners.

2023 Rimac Nevera Review, Pricing, and Specs

Not really a color I’d choose but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Silly Rabbit, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Croatian Hypercar?

Thats some hefty HP.
    Did it get any work done at the shop? PPF or a coating?
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Croatian Hypercar?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Thats some hefty HP.
    Did it get any work done at the shop? PPF or a coating?
    Dunno what the plans are for it...was delivered by Rimac to the show so that was first time owners saw it. The 2nd one was loaded on a truck after the show to deliver to its owner.

They recently bought a Bugatti Vitesse that was at the show, not my cup of tea but it sounded pretty impressive. Hennessey trucked in whatever their latest thing is and that was probably the `boldest` sounding car there.

Interesting stuff everywhere I guess, ended up with a crowd of over 10k people and all proceeds went to Make A Wish; long day though...was there at 5:30am for setup and didn`t leave until 5:30pm. 1-2hrs of cars = fun...12hrs of cars = a bit much

Curious as to why every time you get a bunch of Lamborghini guys together, at various times during the day they all have to rev the snot outta their engines (which really doesn`t sound all that good to me). Maybe some kinda Italian mating ritual??? :shrug:
    Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Thanks Silly Rabbit thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a huge crowd for the day, very nice make a wish was the donation for it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a huge crowd for the day, very nice make a wish was the donation for it too.
    They were lined up at the gate for 2hrs before it opened & freeway was backed up for 2 or 3 miles. Croatian Hypercar?

When gates opened people were running to the ‘hypercar’ area…not sure why as cars weren’t going anywhere.

Make-A-Wish is a nice organization; wife’s niece was a recipient of a wish many years ago. We donated 10% of all product sales the past week as well…all in all a worthwhile endeavor!

Few more pics:

Not really a big fan of McLaren’s as they all look the same to me but the paint on this one was pretty cool.

Hosting the Tesla Club this weekend at the shop and in 2 weeks the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer at Ohio State University Stadium…always a fun venue!

I thought when I got out of the pool biz my Summers would be more relaxed…not so much as it turns out. Croatian Hypercar? All fun stuff though.

Trans Am Nationals coming up soon? Gonna make the journey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks Silly Rabbit thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, and turnout. All the hypercars are spectacular... but over the top at the same time. Still very enjoyable to see in the wild.
    Great to see all these events with proceeds going to great causes too.

Yes sir, will not miss the event. Only downer is, like you say, coming fast. It`s a teeter totter with emotions... want it to come to enjoy it,... biuut it means summer is drawing to a close and winter is lurking as well. Summer clocks DO NOT click as slow as winter clocks. Ugh, I swear the winters drag longer and slower every year.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, and turnout. All the hypercars are spectacular... but over the top at the same time. Still very enjoyable to see in the wild.
    Great to see all these events with proceeds going to great causes too.

Yes sir, will not miss the event. Only downer is, like you say, coming fast. It`s a teeter totter with emotions... want it to come to enjoy it,... biuut it means summer is drawing to a close and winter is lurking as well. Summer clocks DO NOT click as slow as winter clocks. Ugh, I swear the winters drag longer and slower every year.
    You are so right about summer speeding by vs winter. In fact tomorrow Wednesday June 21st is the summer soltice.
    You know what that means, the days will now start to get shorter.. ugh!!

RIMAC !! They have been making big waves in the auto industry besides their own Hypercar.
    They provide technical services and battery products to companies like Hyundai and Porsche and even to Keonigsegg!
    Rimac also now has majority ownership share of BUGATTI along with Porsche.

The Nevera EV Hypercar recently posted breaking up to 23 performance records.. which Keonigsegg supposedly took one back last week or so.
    I`ve read that the first US deliveries are now commencing.

Looks like a great show!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    You are so right about summer speeding by vs winter. In fact tomorrow Wednesday June 21st is the summer soltice.
    You know what that means, the days will now start to get shorter.. ugh!!
    Geez, you guys are depressing me!

RIMAC !! They have been making big waves in the auto industry besides their own Hypercar.
    They provide technical services and battery products to companies like Hyundai and Porsche and even to Keonigsegg!
    Rimac also now has majority ownership share of BUGATTI along with Porsche.
    Well that explains why the RIMAC CEO was wearing a Bugatti logo when he was test driving a customer vehicle.

The Nevera EV Hypercar recently posted breaking up to 23 performance records.. which Keonigsegg supposedly took one back last week or so.
    I`ve read that the first US deliveries are now commencing.

Looks like a great show!

Post Thanks / Like

The Rimac CEO is also the CEO or COO of Bugatti now. I think he was appointed two years ago. From what I`ve read, the relationship between Rimac, Bugatti, Porsche, and VAG is pretty complicated. Not sure I understood it all.

Richard Hammond crashed a Rimac a couple years ago at a hill climb event while filming for the Grand Tour. In that episode the speed difference between that car and the other supercars they had on hand was pretty mind blowing.

The story of Rimac and it`s founder is pretty amazing for what they have accomplished in such a short period of time. Read up on it`s founder if you get a chance, it`s an amazing story. He started by electrifying an old, beat up BMW E30. I think Road and Track did an in-debpt strory on him about a year/two years ago.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Thanks 981 Cayman S thanked for this post

Thread Information