Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    After those Dodge commercials where people act irresponsibly, that doesn`t surprise me about the Charger owner. But I`m sure glad everybody else takes a dim view of such nonsense.
    I do have to admit to loving those commercials Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020 They sure know their audience.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator. Not sure if I take offense to that or not. One of my drives is a Challenger and i am usually the slowest on the road. I enjoy the great ride quality t offers for what it is and take my time ( my others are a Nissan Altima’ Dodge quad cab hemi and a nice little 740 hp GS Corvette) I also have 5 bikes from a real road racer to a cruiser and all between. I would say i usually am the one given the finger for going slow. When I do go fast though. So we are not all ¨Dodge ¨commercial drivers.
    I still love ya no worries
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budgetplan1- Heh heh...I`m too, uhm..."take everything so seriously"...to appreciate them these days, sure woulda *LOVED* them in the past.

Heh heh...imagine if firearms manufacturers put out ads like that

yamabob- No reason for an apparently sensible Dodge Challenger owner like *YOU* to take offense at my comment, and I genuinely apologize that you even had that thought! (You`re not the only Challenger owner here I esteem either so yeah I *was* painting with an awfully broad brush )

Hey, if I thought I`d enjoy it I`d look into a Challenger myself! Well, the dogs would want a Charger instead...

It sounds like *YOU* enjoy driving them sensibly, so more power (heh heh "MOPAR" ) to ya Hey, I had, what...three Roadrunners (including a Superbird) and at least four (interesting) C bodies myself back in the day
    Likes yamabob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budgetplan1- Heh heh...I`m too, uhm..."take everything so seriously"...to appreciate them these days, sure woulda *LOVED* them in the past.
    I can live vicariously thru commercials, I guess Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Nearly 18 months and 5500 miles in, the gas pedal of wife`s Vette has yet to meet the floor under my foot. A bit embarrassing, perhaps.

Never floored my daily V6 Accord since getting it in June 2017 until a month ago merging on freeway...at which point popped something as the A/C hasnt blown cold since that moment Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020 Karma, I guess.

Hey, I had, what...three Roadrunners (including a Superbird) and at least four (interesting) C bodies myself back in the day
    A Superbird you say? Do tell...

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice cars indeed but I have to say that new Corvette is pretty soul-less looking IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Nearly 18 months and 5500 miles in, the gas pedal of wife`s Vette has yet to meet the floor under my foot. A bit embarrassing, perhaps.
    If it`s anything like my final one, flooring it takes ya right to "Impound Vehicle/Incarcerate Driver" territory. Good on you for having self-discipline.

Never floored my daily V6 Accord since getting it in June 2017 until a month ago merging on freeway...at which point popped something as the A/C hasnt blown cold since that moment Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020 Karma, I guess.
    Gee!

A Superbird you say? Do tell...
    I had a real THING for big 1970 MOPARS, which I drove like a, uhm...irresponsible individual in a Hellcat commercial. Which is probably why I`m so zero-tolerance about this stuff; nothing worse than a reformed anything and I fit the bill. I`d already had Roadrunners, and after reading O`Rourke`s `82 article In Search of the Good Ride in C&D, well..it was the natural progression-to-endpoint. "Anything worth doing is worth overdosing on!" mentality...

Short version: 440x6/4sp. Yellow and very badly taken care of, but cool to me at the time (gee, how we change ). Fast for those days.

Bought it in Albuquerque, drove it nonstop out to Pacific Grove CA to visit a gal pal (and her less-than-thrilled then-husband ), drove it back to OH with one overnight stop. Cool experience that I did in a, uhm..."live to tell..." ....manner after reading too much stuff like Hunter S. Thompson. I forget the ET, but I was *MOVING* for a guy in a yellow car with no electronic countermeasures or even a roadmap. Front right tire went flat as soon as I parked it in my driveway after I`d already fitted the spare long before.

Ended up selling it to a Firestone exec. No I don`t miss it or wish I still had it. But it made for good memories...since nothing terrible happened.
    Likes mc2hill, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Some nice cars indeed but I have to say that new Corvette is pretty soul-less looking IMO.
    In all fairness, tt looks better in person, especially in lighter colors like silver and white. Those are `slimming` colors, correct Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Tight interior kills it for me though.
    If it`s anything like my final one, flooring it takes ya right to "Impound Vehicle/Incarcerate Driver" territory. Good on you for having self-discipline.

Gee!

I had a real THING for big 1970 MOPARS, which I drove like a, uhm...irresponsible individual in a Hellcat commercial. Which is probably why I`m so zero-tolerance about this stuff; nothing worse than a reformed anything and I fit the bill. I`d already had Roadrunners, and after reading O`Rourke`s `82 article In Search of the Good Ride in C&D, well..it was the natural progression-to-endpoint. "Anything worth doing is worth overdosing on!" mentality...

Short version: 440x6/4sp. Yellow and very badly taken care of, but cool to me at the time (gee, how we change ). Fast for those days.

Bought it in Albuquerque, drove it nonstop out to Pacific Grove CA to visit a gal pal (and her less-than-thrilled then-husband ), drove it back to OH with one overnight stop. Cool experience that I did in a, uhm..."live to tell..." ....manner after reading too much stuff like Hunter S. Thompson. I forget the ET, but I was *MOVING* for a guy in a yellow car with no electronic countermeasures or even a roadmap. Front right tire went flat as soon as I parked it in my driveway after I`d already fitted the spare long before.

Ended up selling it to a Firestone exec. No I don`t miss it or wish I still had it. But it made for good memories...since nothing terrible happened.
    I`d sure like to have a Superbird...just long enough to sell it!

Apparently both the Superbird and Dodge Dayton were tough sells for the dealers when new...for obvious reasons. Cuz those dont look like fun daily drivers w the long nose and wing. I`d be bumping into everything in sight Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Post Thanks / Like

Tight interior kills it for me though.I`d sure like to have a Superbird...just long enough to sell it!
    TBH, that`s how I feel about pretty much all such cars any more. Those of us who were around when they were new seem to either worship those cars or, uhm...feel the way I do about `em.

Apparently both the Superbird and Dodge Dayton were tough sells for the dealers when new...for obvious reasons. Cuz those dont look like fun daily drivers w the long nose and wing. I`d be bumping into everything in sight Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020
    Right. And in my area the current SRT cars are the same way..2019s still available.

When I had mine it was just a "weird old muscle car" not a pricey collectible. Heh heh, the previous owner apparently had some problems with that long nose, we discoverd how much so when I had it redone The nose/wing weren`t a big deal for me (and the wing didn`t cause issues with the trunk lid), but it`d take a more extroverted person than me to drive one all the time... And it ran pretty warm in traffic what with the little air inlet in that nosecone. And good luck getting the vacuum-operated headlights aligned just the right way. And and and. But I had to have one

Post Thanks / Like

This is actually kinda embarrassing but I have pic of tape dispenser data plate; cropped a bit but I think pertinent info is there. Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020
    Nothing to be embarrassed about! I`m sure many do similar. If not many, then you and I are the rare few ? haha. I do take pics like you did, and the wife pokes fun of me sometimes.

I`m still not used to the new Vette. I don`t see enough of it, I guess. Been a bit closed off lately.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I`m waiting on my buddy to hurry up and finish his car so we can finally have that cruise we`ve been talking about since early this year!

I need a [fun] drive !
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

But I had to have one
    Did you have fun in it, though? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Did you have fun in it, though? ? ?
    TBH...after that cross-country run it was all anti-climax That was as close as I`ll ever come to something in the Vanishing Point/Cannonball category and after that, well...[shrug].. I`d already had my fun and ended up with a big thing that needed storage while I drove more sensible cars. I felt lucky to find a buyer by the time I sold it.

Post Thanks / Like

hehe... Hey, that`s good though!

I still need to have my own Vanishing Point / Cannonball

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i was all set on the vette but when I saw a few in real life just didn’t love it.... also if i got a base stingray when the beefier models came out id be throwing money at the engine to keep up.

Looked at a Hertz 2019 Z06 c7 for a while and then just realized how much id miss my mustang.... plus well that chevelle kinda appeared out of nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    ..also if i got a base stingray when the beefier models came out id be throwing money at the engine to keep up.
    Heh heh...a lot of companies are undoubtedly hoping people will think that way.

I`d rather upgrade the, uhm..organic software A good driver in [most anything] can beat an average driver in [most anything].

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I still need to have my own Vanishing Point / Cannonball
    Just remember that you have to Live to Tell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information