Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Lotsa stuff cancelled this year but always fun to head down when possible.

Had a decent amount new Corvette C8`s rolling in and out:

Self-serving, gratuitous picture of our Cayman:

Not sure what the deal was with this Lambo SUV was but probably the loudest car there (sound and color):

Ferrari TDF:

Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren...eh, if I hit the lotto I`m heading to the Acura dealer (and choosing a color other than black):

Sometimes just sitting on a rock and watching things go by is a preferred activity.

Mustang & C8`s: https://youtu.be/18UwupHH5rg

Copper Lambo: https://youtu.be/RvrcnkDJvMg
    Likes kevk, Coleroad, mc2hill, lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Very cool! And yes, the NSX is pretty snazzy.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ha...the big Acura beak still lives! And who knew the debadging trend would come to Corvettes. Thanks for posting. And making me feel old, somehow. (Waiting for Accumulator to comment)

Post Thanks / Like

When I saw that this event was happening. I was hoping you were going so we would get pictures. Thank you budget, i really enjoy your pictures of these events. Wish i still lived in Michigan, I`d drive down for some of these.
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Very cool! And yes, the NSX is pretty snazzy.
    I figure it`t be a pretty fun car without all the PITA maintenance issues of a `true` exotic. Even as a lotto winner, the last thing I`d want us a toy that ya can`t play with.

There was one with us last week and while it may not have that screaming engine note of a V12, it has the guts to keep up with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha...the big Acura beak still lives! And who knew the debadging trend would come to Corvettes. Thanks for posting. And making me feel old, somehow. (Waiting for Accumulator to comment)
    I guess sometimes less is more as Chevy continues to affix those chrome Stingrays to cars. If not for the indentations in the body where the emblems go, I`d have em all removed on wife`s C7; they catch towels when drying, provide a safe haven for residual water after a wash...generally a PITA. I did have chrome Stingrays removed on our car when it was PPF`d.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    When I saw that this event was happening. I was hoping you were going so we would get pictures. Thank you budget, i really enjoy your pictures of these events. Wish i still lived in Michigan, I`d drive down for some of these.
    Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020 Think the next one at Esoteric is Sept 19 or close to that, planning on going.

Anymore, looking at the cars is fun but have also met some truly interesting and entertaining folks down there, just hanging out is the primary draw.

And of course, poking around their shop to see what`s going on is fun. If I did this detailing stuff more I`d have a tape dispenser on the wall like they have everywhere.

At the end of the day, I`m still a detailing dork Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Likes Coleroad, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BudgetPlan1 for the car show photos. Like you said, with the pandemic going on and so many events being cancelled, it is nice to see some car events being held.
    Nice pic of your Cayman!! Fits right in with the rest of those cars. Maybe not ultra-exotic, but exotic enough. It IS a Porsche!!!

What do you (or more precisely, your significant other) think of the new C8 Corvette? I assume you have not driven one (yet!) but did talk to some of the C8 owners on their thoughts.

Also, thanks for the photo of the painter`s tape dispenser. Why? Did not know their was a platinum version of the 3M (Scotch) Blue tape.
    I assume you do not know who designed and manufactures the dispenser or if it is a 3M design.

AND, I would hardly label you as a "detailing dork". Your shared experiences with coatings in this forum is legendary. This forum and its members have (and are) benefited greatly from them. (Captain Obvious? THERE`S a "detailing dork" who asks too many questions!)
    GB detailer
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics and turnout! Thanks for sharing!! Your little drive seemed like a fun time too!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Great pics and turnout! Thanks for sharing!! Your little drive seemed like a fun time too!
    There`s just sooo much going on in Columbus in an automotive sense, total entertainment in a variety of ways.
    Great people/events...amazing times, lotsa laughing, always drive home with a smile which is much-needed this year Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 for the car show photos. Like you said, with the pandemic going on and so many events being cancelled, it is nice to see some car events being held.
    Nice pic of your Cayman!! Fits right in with the rest of those cars. Maybe not ultra-exotic, but exotic enough. It IS a Porsche!!!
    Thanks! Cayman is the most entertaining car I`ve ever owned, my own personal amusement park ride every time I turn the key! And it stays remarkably clean w little effort; metallic gray paint is the single best self-cleaning product known to man!

What do you (or more precisely, your significant other) think of the new C8 Corvette? I assume you have not driven one (yet!) but did talk to some of the C8 owners on their thoughts.
    I`ve sat in a C8, never driven one though. Those who have are quite pleased.

Corvettes (the C8 I sat in as well as our C7) just aren`t roomy enough for my tastes, too `cockpit-ish`. They`re kinda big cars to me and I`d guess I`m just a small-car person which is probably why I like Cayman so much...and the Cayman deceptively roomy inside and crazy comfortable for long drives. Idint much care for the large back end of the C8, over all the looks of the C7 are my preference. C8 does look better 8n person than in pics, though, especially in lighter colors...looks less bulky.

Also, thanks for the photo of the painter`s tape dispenser. Why? Did not know their was a platinum version of the 3M (Scotch) Blue tape.
    I assume you do not know who designed and manufactures the dispenser or if it is a 3M design.
    This is actually kinda embarrassing but I have pic of tape dispenser data plate; cropped a bit but I think pertinent info is there. Cars & Coffee - Columbus 08/15/2020

Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool I’m starting to come around on the new corvette styling and mid engine. They look good in photo

Post Thanks / Like

Im with you on the exotics. Lotto win would definitely put a new and old NSX in the stable. Also throw in a 2012 Lexus LS-f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Budget!!!
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1- I just hope you managed to avoid infection with COVID-19.

Setec Astronomy- Heh heh, so *that* is why I clicked on a Cars/Coffee thread for the first time in [forever], so I could respond to that expectation OK, wouldn`t want to disappoint ya: You`re exactly as old as you feel; if that`s not what you want it be then you`re doing something wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    BudgetPlan1- I just hope you managed to avoid infection with COVID-19.
    So far, so good.

The Columbus C & C folks are pretty well staffed & organized and adhering to the State requirements involves roving `compliance` staffers to issue gentle reminders to those who `forget`. The organization of these events is pretty impressive compared to other C & C`s I`ve seen/gone to. While motors are rev`d on occasion, I have yet to see the `exiting event stupidity` that plagues so many of the other gatherings of this type. I think there was 1 car (a Dodge Charger) who pondered some misbehavior on the road out but it drew attention pretty quickly and nothing came of it. If one is looking for smoky burnouts and excessive displays of speed and poor judgement, these particular events will definitely leave ya disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    So far, so good.
    That`s good

I think there was 1 car (a Dodge Charger) who pondered some misbehavior on the road out but it drew attention pretty quickly and nothing came of it. If one is looking for smoky burnouts and excessive displays of speed and poor judgement, these particular events will definitely leave ya disappointed.
    After those Dodge commercials where people act irresponsibly, that doesn`t surprise me about the Charger owner. But I`m sure glad everybody else takes a dim view of such nonsense.

And BTW/FWIW, I`d *MUCH* rather have your Cayman than one of those hulking spaceships that can`t be driven at 4/10ths on a public road without risking serious consequences.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information