Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: C8 Corvette Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Budget: Thanks for the write up. I really want to see one in person to form my own opinions. Right now I`m not liking the wall of buttons idea or the Camaro-like taillights. I`m also not quite sure what to make of the front view. The C7 caught my attention right away and a Grand Sport or Z06 will still turn my head. I`m not sure if this one will or not.
    You might just change your mind regarding exterior when you see in person. From the middle of the doors back, notably those side scoops, I thought the design was a total failure based on all the pics I had seen. It appeared somewhat bloated, far too much flat horizontal surface area. Looks much slimmer in person.

The pointy end of the scoop/door when opened is likely gonna be a problem area for some, I could see that getting banged on things in close quarters and being a point, its gonna leave a mark and not an easy one to deal with...*crunch*.

The deal-killer for me if I was otherwise interested is the fighter-cockpit interior...it`s just not wide enough on either side and the wall of buttons insures your passenger better not be claustrophobic...very narrow.

At 6`2", 200 lbs I`m more lanky than broad but still wouldn`t want to spend endless hours behind the wheel; the inability to flex or have much lateral movement from mid-torso to feet would get old to me after a while. Shame because the view from the drivers seat is much improved over previous long-hooded generations.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you see in person.

Surprisingly, I came away with a reformed view of the exterior...I could live with that. Interior though is a no go. No biggie, to each their own and I`ve got other ideas for the next toy car. Looking forward to seeing them out in the wild...when real opinions can be formed.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive heard some talk that the delays in brining the new vette to market center on making the vette easy and safe to drive fast. Seems too many have gotten away from the non race car test drivers. I agree this vette should be a very easy to drive kit otherwise the post sale publicity wont be good.

Looks wise I love it. The rest is to be seen. I dont think Im in the market for the first bunch. Lets see how they do and perhaps the second go round ?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    You might just change your mind regarding exterior when you see in person. From the middle of the doors back, notably those side scoops, I thought the design was a total failure based on all the pics I had seen. It appeared somewhat bloated, far too much flat horizontal surface area. Looks much slimmer in person.

The pointy end of the scoop/door when opened is likely gonna be a problem area for some, I could see that getting banged on things in close quarters and being a point, its gonna leave a mark and not an easy one to deal with...*crunch*.

The deal-killer for me if I was otherwise interested is the fighter-cockpit interior...it`s just not wide enough on either side and the wall of buttons insures your passenger better not be claustrophobic...very narrow.

At 6`2", 200 lbs I`m more lanky than broad but still wouldn`t want to spend endless hours behind the wheel; the inability to flex or have much lateral movement from mid-torso to feet would get old to me after a while. Shame because the view from the drivers seat is much improved over previous long-hooded generations.

Surprisingly, I came away with a reformed view of the exterior...I could live with that. Interior though is a no go. No biggie, to each their own and I`ve got other ideas for the next toy car. Looking forward to seeing them out in the wild...when real opinions can be formed.
    Other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The interior cockpit does look narrow but it finally does not look like a Chevy interior at all and looks as special as the rest of the car is. Whereas that Camaro interior looks exactly like a Chevy interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Other ideas?

Turns out I like small nimble cars, even those w less outright HP. My views used to be focused on HP/TQ curves, dyno sheets and 1/4 mile times. Turning is fun too it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Turns out I like small nimble cars, even those w less outright HP. My views used to be focused on HP/TQ curves, dyno sheets and 1/4 mile times. Turning is fun too it seems.
    Turning is fun too. Lol. I agree I think its just something new. I was all into quick but not fast great turning cars and then I test drove the mustang. Realized going really fast really straight can be fun too.

When I drove that Lambo on Las Vegas motor speed way it was amazing to experience both at same time. Never thought even if I had the money I would spend 200-300k on a car. I have proven myself wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Becoming a Porsche man ? C8 Corvette Reveal

Post Thanks / Like

Turning is fun too. Lol. I agree I think its just something new.
    Could be....dont think so but I have said it in the past...oops. Will just sit and watch and drive the heck outta the Cayman this Summer to be sure I really like it and then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Becoming a Porsche man ? C8 Corvette Reveal

The Cayman is everything to me that the Vette is not...comfortable, fun to be had on 98% of any given drive, small & easy to wash, stays acceptably clean with far less effort than black.

Post Thanks / Like

C8 Corvette Reveal

Oh I agree. Two cars Im eyeing are Supra and vette. Two totally different cars but I enjoy both. Wish I could buy both. The Supra would be winner but In still upset about it basically being a z4.

Friend owned a Porsche I drove. Cayman... felt too small for me but if you fit at 6,2 Ill give it another spin. What year and model cayman?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree. Two cars Im eyeing are Supra and vette. Two totally different cars but I enjoy both. Wish I could buy both. The Supra would be winner but In still upset about it basically being a z4.

Friend owned a Porsche I drove. Cayman... felt too small for me but if you fit at 6,2 Ill give it another spin. What year and model cayman?

That`s such a bummer how the new Supra ended up arriving. Such a good history, shoulda given it it`s own design (and engine); woulda been something really special.

Ours is a 2016 Cayman S w the 14-way seats. It is for sure a very small car yet to me is very spacious as far as continued, long term comfort goes. Has a relatively low console in relation to seat position so opens up the space; dunno, just never felt cramped in it.

Spent the better part of 12hrs driving around Ohio one day, got out with no aches, pains or discomforts. Car is very low to ground, lower than Vette, so its always a surprise walking up to it and thinking "I`m gonna fit in there?" But once ya get in, everything just kinda falls into place. Console armrest, armrest on door, window sill...it all just seems to be located perfectly. It`s actually kinda odd C8 Corvette Reveal
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The front end looks off a bit maybe if they do the headlights a little different.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope to get a chance to see one at our auto show in January. It`s pretty poor and often doesn`t include new models, but since Chevys is sold in massive numbers around here I`m hanging onto a thread of hope.

Interesting observation about the interior. I`m fairly broad across the shoulders and find some narrow cockpits a little claustrophobic. How were the seats? On the C7 I found the standard seats were too wide for me, but found the "sport seats" to fit me much better. Too bad those optional seats are very rare based on the searching I`ve done.

Interesting to hear you are becoming a fan of small sports car. While I find Vette`s interesting in a way any good car enthusiast should, I`m not sure I`d buy one if I had the means. If I suddenly found myself with a spare $50K-ish laying around I`d be headed for either a Cayman or a Supra. The Cayman is a no-brainer for what I look for in a sports car and I couldn`t care less who built the Supra. I`m just happy it`s here and a fantastic drive from every account I`ve seen/read.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information