Re: Esoteric Open House

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

And finally...
    Thanks Coleroad, rlmccarty2000, SWETM, VitreousHumor thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My! All those dream cars. Was the pagani body all carbon fiber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics! Lots of high dollar cars. It’s funny to see you guys in coats when it’s 95+ here.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget

Your new wheels look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics. I would have liked to have gone but just can`t spare the time. It would be interesting to know what cars they all are, especially the first one. Any words on new products coming out?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that first one looks like it should be a Batmobile. That M1 brought back some memories, if I recall they only made 400 of those for ````logation. Not sure if I ever saw one of those in person.

EDIT: Jeepers, we can`t type h_omologation here? Anyway, 453: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    My gawd! All those dream cars. Was the pagani body all carbon fiber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, very subtle `weave` that you would catch in the right lighting angle. They had 3 very serious looking policemen stationed around it to keep folks at a reasonable distance.

We were wondering if we made a rush towards the car, would they shoot us or merely taze us? No one was game to give it a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Thanks for the pics! Lots of high dollar cars. It’s funny to see you guys in coats when it’s 95+ here.
    Would get an occasional sprinkle every now and again but otherwise lucked out with mid-60`s and just clouds.

Place was jam-packed with an abundance of McLarens, including a Senna. Was close as to whether there were more McLarens or Porsches in attendance.

A good amount of Ferrari`s and Lambo`s, 3 or 4 Corvettes and various other things I can`t afford. Our car was by far the runt of the litter in the lot. Esoteric Open House
    Quote Originally Posted by kevk View Post
    Budget

Your new wheels look great.
    Thanks; they musta done the overhead boom shots over the logo of ours yesterday. I`m really pleased with how what we chose for the Vette turned out. Chrome wheels (wife likes `em), red calipers, no spoilers, wings or ground effects...kinda minimalist but with the black paint, 55% tinted windows it works for me. I think not having the chrome Stingray emblems put back on the fenders after the wrap was the way to go for me; looks good to my eyes and those things also just looked designed to catch towels as well...don`t need that.

I had dropped our car off there Wednesday morning and when I Uber`d by there Friday night on the way to the hotel, they had most of the lot already filled. For the cars that arrived today, they stopped `em and did the boom shots over the logo as they pulled in.

Aside from the main lot, the whole industrial park they`re located in had cars everywhere. A couple of Ferrari`s parked on the grass here and there, a pair of McLarens by the dumpster of a neighboring company, a trio of Camaro ZL1`s across the street. The car scene in Columbus is insane.

The Bugatti Chiron was out front and the owner was letting anyone who wanted jump in and have their picture taken behind the wheel. Lotsa youngsters (and adults) were taking advantage of that!
    Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Thanks for the pics. I would have liked to have gone but just can`t spare the time. It would be interesting to know what cars they all are, especially the first one. Any words on new products coming out?
    Well, NJ woulda been a heck of a commute!

Most of the vendors accumulated some pretty significant frequent flyer miles getting there. BigBoi came from Australia, Herrenfahrt and Polish Angel flew in from Germany, Kai Morita of Kamikaze came in from Japan.

I spent a lot of the time talking to the vendors.

The husband and wife behind the BigBoi blowers had their cordless Buddi there and are coming out with an attachment for the Mini that will let it be a blower and a vacuum (like the MetroVac). They were *really* cool and fun to talk to.

Polish Angel has recognized the somewhat inconsistent US supply issues of the past and have worked to remedy them going forward. There was a quick mention of some color-specific Cosmic Spritz offerings, kinda like their Black Wolfenite type enhancers for their current waxes/sealants. Travis mentioned that last year so we`ll see.

The STEK folks had some nice samples of carbon fiber and colored/smoked film. Also had a nice demo of the self-healing of their DynoShield film, of great interest to me now that I have a PPF`d car. The self-healing comes into play at about 90 degrees F, easily reached in ordinary sunshine so that`s nice.

Kai from Kamikaze is a bit hard to understand, not just language barrier (he speaks English well, but I can never seem to catch everything) but also cuz he speaks in a rapid, mad-scientist like fashion, delving into chemistry specifics that are way over my head! Just kinda nod my head when it gets beyond me.

He had a polisher there that `may` have been a 26mm throw; saw it in his Instsgram feed a while back but forgot to ask about it.

As for Esoteric, they`re gonna start offering some more enthusiast training, not as in depth as their current 2 day program but rather 1 day courses on things like coating application, paint correction and similar. They`ve brought on DJ Mayo of DJ Mayo Studios in Virginia as an instructor for some of these.

Extra bonus for a logo`d T-shirt junkie like me was some freebies today. All in all, a great entertaining and informative day! Always fun and they had a free ice cream truck on site to boot!

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, that first one looks like it should be a Batmobile. That M1 brought back some memories, if I recall they only made 400 of those for ````logation. Not sure if I ever saw one of those in person.

EDIT: Jeepers, we can`t type h_omologation here? Anyway, 453: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M1
    Yeah, we were looking at the M1 a bit...the wheels just scream `1980`

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information