Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esoteric Open House

A few other random, but entertaining things from Saturday...

As I was wandering through one of the neighboring lots (there are exceptional cars parked *everywhere* in the commercial development Esoteric is located in), someone asks if I`m `BudgetPlan`...a fellow Autopian in attendance! So that was kinda cool to randomly meet a forum member while wandering about...great people everywhere!

Having attended 5 or 6 of these Esoteric-involved events over the last few years, kinda getting to know a few of the regulars, some of whom are some pretty serious `users` of their cars.

One asked if I would be interested in joining them on one of their `cruises` through the Hocking Hills area south of Columbus, kinda an Ohio version of the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap, NC. Sure, I think...spend a nice day meandering casually through some nice roads, that sounds fun and relaxing.

As the conversation expands with some of the other members of the group, I start to realize that these cruises are a bit more intense than casual `meandering through the forest` drives with a cup of coffee in the cup holder so I kinda beg off. That`s a bit outta my league with my little Chevrolet and limited driving skills.

Porsche GT3 guy mentions that perhaps I`d prefer to just ride shotgun with him so yeah, count me in...sounds much more reasonable. After pondering it a bit more he says that being a passenger is sometimes a bit more `disconcerting` than being the driver so why doesn`t he ride shotgun while I drive...his car.

Suffice it to say that should we put something together going forward, I will *not* be driving anything, but will be hanging onto whatever grab handles there are on the passenger side of a Porsche. Nice offer though...

They are having another big event down in Columbus next week for anyone in the area that might be interested. Put on by Cars & Coffee down there, they close down a bridge downtown and fill it with 100+ invitation-only exotic cars and put on a public show Saturday night.

We had volunteered via the website to help work the event, I thought it would be fun, but since we haven`t heard back, probably gonna skip making another drive down to Columbus next weekend. Of the 1800 miles now on the Corvette odometer, I think 1000+ plus have come from shuttling back and forth to Columbus a few times since April. I think I`ll stay home and recoat the wifes daily driver with Miyabi & Zipang instead.

Exotics in Scioto Mile: Exotics on Scioto Mile - Exotics on Scioto Mile

An engineer from Acura had a few NSX`s in the lot yesterday and I continue to be intrigued by this car. It certainly has a look I find appealing, is reportedly `Honda Reliable` and has some pretty respectable performance metrics associated with it.

It seems a relatively safe entry into that level of car but at $170k is still waaaaay outta my reach but it`s fun to dream...and buy a few lottery tickets every now and again. The metallic red paint could also move me away from black. Eh, a boy can dream, no?
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@Budget

I am sorry I missed you. I brought my stepson and his little boy with me and he was super excited to see all these “once in a lifetime” vehicles. He was so overwhelmed by the quality and price tags on cars he thought he would never see in real life.

I do agree that this year seemed a little more car show focused vs the detailing and product focus in past years.

I did take some time and talk with the BigBoi blower people and talked through the new battery blower. He was very up front that they were still in development phase but hoping for a 30min run time with about 80% the power of the plug in version. I was also impressed with the hose and now understand what others have been saying. I like that it “expands” when the blower is on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    @Budget

I am sorry I missed you. I brought my stepson and his little boy with me and he was super excited to see all these “once in a lifetime” vehicles. He was so overwhelmed by the quality and price tags on cars he thought he would never see in real life.

I do agree that this year seemed a little more car show focused vs the detailing and product focus in past years.

I did take some time and talk with the BigBoi blower people and talked through the new battery blower. He was very up front that they were still in development phase but hoping for a 30min run time with about 80% the power of the plug in version. I was also impressed with the hose and now understand what others have been saying. I like that it “expands” when the blower is on.
    It certainly was a bigger event than the previous ones, their sponsorship of Columbus Cars and Coffee makes anything they do `bigger` w regards to that segment. Still, fun to talk to the vendors though, always plenty of access to them.

I was pleasantly surprised by the BigBoi team in that it`s a husband/wife company, not some big corporate entity; I dig stuff like that. They were very fun to talk to.

Bummer that the 1st guy whose named they pulled fir the $10k wrap service wasn`t present so they had to pull another name.

Sorry I missed ya; I was there from about 8:30am to 2pm but the crowd was rather large for sure.

What`s with all the McLarens lately?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting and the info about Esoteric. On his videos, Todd offers good advice (as expected) and when I get around to recoating my Audi, I`m going to do as he suggests and do not top with multiple products/detailers, in my particular case with the Kamikaze products I`m going to top/detail with Overcoat.
    Probably, the hardest thing will be resisting the urge/habit of using a quick detailer when the car is clean, but dusty.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information