Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Esoteric Open House

Budget you might have to put me up for a night the next time Esoteric has training. I love the stuff they do. I don’t know anyone else in the US that does the things they do. Top notch organization.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS for posting! Some seriously nice machines there!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Budget you might have to put me up for a night the next time Esoteric has training. I love the stuff they do. I don’t know anyone else in the US that does the things they do. Top notch organization.

Esoteric Open House I quit getting up at 5am and driving 2.5hrs down in the morning.

I`ll be staying at one of the 3 hotels within 5 minutes walk of their shop.

The free breakfast this morning at the Hampton was quite tasty. Omlets, waffles, sausage, taters, fruit and such that someone else cleans up afterwards is hard to pass up!

Mark Greene of the Cars Yeah podcast was there today as well. Apparently he was at Griots Garage for a while back when they were just starting out.

DJ Mayo mentioned that one of the enthusiast classes they were pondering was how to do 1-step polishing (and paint correction in general) whenever/wherever possible.

Their Detailer Academy is usually classes of 4 or 5 at most and i would expect similar small sizes for similar classes so likely pretty focused. I`ll be attending something when they roll them out.

Post Thanks / Like

That makes a lot more sense than getting up early and driving. Got to enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like

Some very impressive machinery. Thanks for the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Budget Man!

Post Thanks / Like

That`s an unbelievable collection of cars. I think they need to come up with a better name than "Open House." Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

So Budget have you taken there 2 day training class?If so how was it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    So Budget have you taken there 2 day training class?If so how was it
    It`s always kinda been on my list as a `someday` thing but never pulled the trigger yet. It`s pretty in depth and focused, mostly pro`s attend but it is open to all levels.

For a time, was limited to folks outside of Ohio but I believe that caveat has now been removed. The enthusiast classes I`d guess have no restrictions whatsoever.

From what I`ve gathered from their Social Media feeds, they`re sort of realigning their structure to focus and further define three distinct areas, Training, Products and Detaling Services so I`d imagine the Training portion will be expanding going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

It still has no the local feature on there web.I will be in the July class next month.Looking forward to this one.Hoping it is pretty in depth and not just a product class

Post Thanks / Like

WOW that was a lot of cool and beutieful cars!

But the black Vette was the nicest!

The BMW M1 must be a very rare car these days.

Thanks for shareing your trip to the Esoteric Open House! A perfect start for me to look at this rainy sunday morning LOL.

/ Tony
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So, cool, great pics, great reporting and as always nicely done....
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmath View Post
    That`s an unbelievable collection of cars. I think they need to come up with a better name than "Open House." Wow.
    I think it`s really kinda grown over the last 3 years I`ve been going with this year being just crazy over the top. While it was very well attended in 2017 & 2018, it seemed more vendor-detailer focused with the `car show` part being more of a casual `Cars and Coffee element.

With the Pagani unveiling, the need to pre-register for parking in the immediate lot, the nearly $20k in detailing services they raffled off and other logistical things it`s really, really grown into far more than a 3hr, in and out event. It`s really automotive sensory overload if you`re into this kinda stuff...in a very, very good kinda way.

Great fun with the opportunity to speak with some vendors and get some detailing insight from them as well as the Esoteric staff. Always come away with something good to file away for future reference.

Considering how involved they are with various other Columbus area automotive events, the Open House is their particular `moment in the sun` during the season methinks.

The 20% off sale they were running in their showroom had people lined up out the door from 10am to 1pm solid, so much so that I really didn`t take the time to buy anything. Not that i needed to buy anything in particular but ya know how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    It still has no the local feature on there web.I will be in the July class next month.Looking forward to this one.Hoping it is pretty in depth and not just a product class
    Will be very interested to hear your thoughts afterwards. To be honest, it seemed a bit intimidating to me...I can flail around my garage and get done what I need to but got the impression that class was some pretty serious business.

Very nice folks on staff there though so you should have a great time. I believe Todd Cooperider and DJ Mayo are spearheading the expansion of the Esoteric Education segment of the business so you`ll certainly be in good hands.

I think I`ll be waiting for the `less serious` offerings; it would be kinda embarrassing to have the real detailers watching me flail around an interior trying to clean a windshield. Entertaining, no doubt, but still...a man`s got to know his limitations!
    Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    So, cool, great pics, great reporting and as always nicely done....
    PM me your mailing info. Snatched a few of those self-cleaning caps to send ya.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

TTQ B4U
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me know next time you`re in town. I`m only 20 mins from there in Dublin. Haven`t talked to Todd in a while.
    2018 Midnight Black Metallic AWD Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400 | Burger MS JB4
    2018 Ruby Red Metallic AWD Lincoln MK-C Reserve | 2.3l EcoBoost - Wife`s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Let me know next time you`re in town. I`m only 20 mins from there in Dublin. Haven`t talked to Todd in a while.
    Will do. Always fun to stop by Esoteric whether for an event or just when I happen to be in the area. Such nice folks there, always great to see them.

Don`t have anything planned in the near future but entertaining things always pop up. After working with them on the Vette and other recent events there, they might be getting kinda tired of seeing me lately Esoteric Open House

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information