Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: entering my first car show....

Well how did you do, drum up and work ? I don`t open my hood unless I got some bling, my SP is stock. My 300srt different story. It`s next to get full detail once I wrap motor back up.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, MattPersman liked this post
    Thanks MattPersman thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    Well how did you do
    as expected...out of 120 or less, I didn`t make the top 40 awards

car shows are about flash and themes...nobody cares that my 2009 85k+ mile paint looks better than the 2017 black cars out there

hell, I drove my car 58 miles and only cleaned the front bumper and I honestly didnt even see a spec of dust on my car

kinda discouraging but I have a plan to market (ny business) and theme my car (based off my business)-so at least I`ll be letting my car speak for my work and maybe that will get me a bew client or two...who knows

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember...... Participant judging = who has the biggest car club there, and "who`s turn it is"
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly Ron. When it`s peer judging it`s about who you know not how swirl free your paint is. There is 1 or 2 shows here I attended that use judges.

I go for business purposes. I have a vinyl decal on my windshield. I setup a box full of business cards under the hood along with my IGL brochures. Definitely draws an interest.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Ronkh, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Remember...... Participant judging = who has the biggest car club there, and "who`s turn it is"
    Agreed ^ Don`t be discouraged. That`s a "Good `Ole Boy" chrome and carburetor show.
    It`s all about fishin` buddies and who has the largest auto-parts chrome air cleaner cover.
    I`ve seen vehicles covered in swirls and holograms receive a 1st place trophy for best paint.
    After I discover they are "Good `Ole Boy" fishin` buddy shows I do not attend any they put on.

Now, if you are interested in attending, meeting folks, talking car-talk and having a social time.
    Go and relax, put your feet up, have a cold one and enjoy. If you take home a trophy it`s a bonus.

I`ve seen the other side too. If Mr. X does not win a trophy he gets angry and absolutely lunatic crazy.

If I go to a "car show" now it`s to socialize, have fun, enjoy the other folks. I don`t market. (wrong crowd)
    On the other hand, if it`s a "Cruise In" with no entry fee or judging/trophies etc. I may market my services.

Just for fun here are a couple of RULES sheets I have.

REGISTRATION / JUDGING SHEET

CAR SHOW JUDGING GUIDELINES

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes 512detail, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t let it get it you down. Even though I live in a rural, I mean really rural, area the couple car shows around here do gather up to 150+ cars at them. Surprising numbers considering where I live but they come from clubs from up to 150 miles away or more. My first year I entered these larger ones, my hometown with a population of around 8000 gathers close to 200 cars so it takes something unique to win an award. I thought I might have a shot in the 2000 and up class since there are only a handful of them. The handful 2000 and up cars there I lost out to was not one but two Challengers. Nothing against your car as I like Challengers and wouldn`t mind owning an RT, but thought mine looked cleaner and more appealing than those and the other couple Camaros that were there. All of the shows around here are spectator and participant judged and have trophies for each but the participant judged doesn`t have trophies for each class just an overall top 3 or top 5. I didn`t let it get me discouraged and went to a number of them. I have not entered a show in the last 2 years not because of not winning but because I am not exactly a social person and without a friend along it gets kind of boring.
    Dean.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just need to find a clever way to take my wax waster theme and run with it, I just lack that clever necessity.

I did win a novistretch in silent auction for almost half the regular price.

and one of my clients placed top 40
    and three people who I have either given or recommended products to also placed (and yes they used the products)

like my friend who has fallen in love with Fuzion spray wax and black hole

Brandt K.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Your experiences are a part of why I just don`t do the Carshow thing.It was still a good learning experience, huh?

Hmmm...now about how to run with that WaxWaster theme....[unknown "thinking" emoji ]...wonder how to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    512Detail- Your experiences are a part of why I just don`t do the Carshow thing.It was still a good learning experience, huh?

Hmmm...now about how to run with that WaxWaster theme....[unknown "thinking" emoji ]...wonder how to do that.
    yes. I don`t think car shows (as far as trying for an award) are for me but I do enjoy speaking with the owners and the general atmosphere. i dont mind paying entry fee to park next to my friends and just take it for the environment...

I have friends who get seriously offended when they dont win or place or even when they dont get what they expected and thats not for me. I actually get more frustrated watching people clean their vehicles in prep and having people so close to my car...hand prints and potential for latent consequences of pedestrian activity.

maybe ill just put a supercharger under the hood for christmas and say forget a theme and enjoy the drive to and from the show entering my first car show....

Brandt K.
    Likes SgtMajUSMC liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

512Detail- Yeah, some of those things that bug you are among the deal-breakers for me too.

And yeah#2, I`d much rather have the blower too.
    Likes SgtMajUSMC, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Brandt- from experience with a blower, you may find it is so much fun to drive that you spend less time in the garage. Absolute hoot! I think I have done two rinseless washes in a month.
    Semper Fidelis!
    Matt

`20 Rapid Blue C8 2LT Z51, deposit 7/20/19, born 11/17/20 and delivered 11/28/20. Yeah, the dates are right, 16 months.......

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy car shows for the atmosphere and friends, I don`t care of I win anything. Most entrie fees go to a good cause anyway which I more then happy to donate.
    O man watching people prep there car for shows kills me, scrubbing it down, seen one guy using fabreeze, I had to check to make sure, old timer in his classic.
    You can run 8psi safe on stock 6.1 and put 520+ at the wheels. Lots of fun for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I envy you guys who can toss on a blower without turning the vehicle into a, uhm...shop [prostitute]. LOVED my blown Crown Vic, but enough was enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I envy you guys who can toss on a blower without turning the vehicle into a, uhm...shop [prostitute]. LOVED my blown Crown Vic, but enough was enough.
    I envy my car club buddy who installed a procharger on his Charger all by himself...that`s a lot of money he saved on install- which is what I have to save for

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HCF View Post
    Well how did you do, drum up and work ? I don`t open my hood unless I got some bling, my SP is stock. My 300srt different story. It`s next to get full detail once I wrap motor back up.
    that`s nice! I don`t think a whipple is ever going to be in my budget

Brandt K.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information