Post Thanks / Like
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes nickclark08, GearHead_1, broker99 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Small Mid-Wekk Car Show

Ron

That looks like such a sweet location. Man I love palm trees.

I see you go to tons of shows w your car. Question. Do you ever feel a bit "out of place" w a new car at an of these car shows? I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 and don`t go to many shows because 1. The cars at the majority of the shows around here are mostly older (60`s and older) muscle cars and 2. alot of the shows (the more organized ones put on by car clubs) have a 1973 cut off date.

When I had my `68 Camaro convertible all I did was go to shows. Almost every weekend. Now I just feel that my car is just too new to be appreciated by the people at these shows. I have gone to a few cruise nights which are much more informal. Pretty much anyone can go. They have them at Hooters on the Berlin Turnpike every Friday. But for the judged shows it just seems to me that after having attended tons of shows w my 50 year old car I feel my 2001 just doesn`t seem to belong.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know it doesn`t answer your question, but I myself would be mighty impressed at seeing a clean `01 all-original WS6 w/ 15k miles at a show.

Share it with the world! haha

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Ron

I see you go to tons of shows w your car. Question. Do you ever feel a bit "out of place" w a new car at an of these car shows? I have a 2001 Trans Am WS6 and don`t go to many shows because 1. The cars at the majority of the shows around here are mostly older (60`s and older) muscle cars and 2. alot of the shows (the more organized ones put on by car clubs) have a 1973 cut off date.

When I had my `68 Camaro convertible all I did was go to shows. Almost every weekend. Now I just feel that my car is just too new to be appreciated by the people at these shows. I have gone to a few cruise nights which are much more informal. Pretty much anyone can go. They have them at Hooters on the Berlin Turnpike every Friday. But for the judged shows it just seems to me that after having attended tons of shows w my 50 year old car I feel my 2001 just doesn`t seem to belong.
    Thanks dschribs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like it was an awesome car show! I like taking my boys to the shows and telling them about the older muscle cars, but it`s kinda funny now that they are getting older they are telling ME about the newer cars. lol...my boy loves those new Vettes, yours is a beauty Ron! White with chrome wheels, I think that`s a perfect combo.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys
    most of the shows here welcome everybody, I`ve even seen older bicycles and stuff.
    face it, people either love cars or not. if they don`t want see newer, walk on by.
    there`s something for everybody
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes dschribs, nickclark08, tom p. liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    Ron

I have been doing car shows for over 30 years as a participant and vendor and the trend is changing as the older guys die off ... where early 70`s used to be a cut off, you have seen newer cars with modifications or uniqueness being able to meet the criteria for entrance. I would stop and look at your car I just got my daughter a 96 Celica Gt Conv. and I`d be proud to have it next to my 67 Caddy..I encourage her to take it as there are just not that many around in great condition and it brings back memories for some. Each show, depending on how old school they are, will adjust each year to make sure that they get cars and attendance from spectators. As Ron said they have the choice to walk on by ..
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes dschribs, Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Detail Fest 2016 was a perfect example of a show with a huge diversity of cars. I like the old stuff, new cars, and everything in between. I prefer the cars that are factory stock best, but a tasteful modification is always nice to see too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xspwrstang View Post
    That looks like it was an awesome car show! I like taking my boys to the shows and telling them about the older muscle cars, but it`s kinda funny now that they are getting older they are telling ME about the newer cars. lol...my boy loves those new Vettes, yours is a beauty Ron! White with chrome wheels, I think that`s a perfect combo.
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    thanks guys
    most of the shows here welcome everybody, I`ve even seen older bicycles and stuff.
    face it, people either love cars or not. if they don`t want see newer, walk on by.
    there`s something for everybody
    you ever bring those pink bicycles you got in your garage Small Mid-Wekk Car Show

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    you ever bring those pink bicycles you got in your garage Small Mid-Wekk Car Show
    Nah, my knees keep hitting the handle bars.

Thread Information