Post Thanks / Like

Scottsdale Auctions

It`s that time again. This year there is a 7th auction looking to get in on the fever.

I stopped in at the Bonhams preview this morning. Lots of eye candy. But..... I cannot believe how many owners are dropping the ball with so-so detailing. The easy stuff like cleaning and detailing the windshield wiper troughs are commonly missed. The paint work is of course buffed nicely but one car brags about a $30,000 appearance restoration but the rubber parts are not dressed, traces of paint not removed and a corroded tailpipe take away from otherwise great looking automobile. I do realize a lot of these cars are delivered with the owners absent and the auction company keeps them dusted.

I`m sure you all have similar stories from your visits to shows. I love looking at nice cars but I also love to see how well the owners present them to the public.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scottsdale Auctions

A shame that lots of the auctions don`t really give a crap about proper detailing
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scottsdale Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    A shame that lots of the auctions don`t really give a crap about proper detailing
    The auctions do offer detail services thru locals or approved detailers on site (probably pay a fee to be there??? advise if you know). I always head back to the detail areas and watch the guys in action. I`m sure they are offering a menu of services (time is money) but many owners probably just want a basic wash, dry, tire shine and call it good.

Bottom line as I see it is a car needs to be prepped to perfection before it comes to the show. Most cars are traveling in enclosed trailers. If it`s raining at the grounds a good wipe down is all that`s needed. Untouched rusty old brake drums are still distracting where a little water does not spoil detailed hubs and calipers with new hardware and lug nuts.

Thread Information