Post Thanks / Like
    I have been invited/asked to go/enter into a local car show here. But I have encountered a problem. I went to the auto store this morning to find that the center cap on my front passenger side rim fell off.

I am imagining that this will greatly effect any kind of outcome I will have in a show.

But is there a point in entering anyways, without the cap?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d still go if the show was for fun. Its Tuesday, can`t you find a cap somewhere in the next few days?

I went to a BOPC car show this past weekend and there were cars in all sorts of condition incl primer. Didn`t stop them from showing. I think you should go, missing cap or not. Take pics and have fun :xyxthumbs
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck yeah. You might even be shocked at how few folks notice.

Some Jaguar shows have a special award they`ll give out: One calls it The Cat Bite Award -- for folks who had a lousy thing happen on the way to the show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, that "might" stop you from an outright win but don`t panic.

1. Can you scramble and get a replacement somewhere fast?

a. Junkyard.

b. Hubcap Store.

c. Dealer.

2. Ok, so even if there is a possibility that you might not win...so what! Go out there and strut your stuff! Show off that award winning shine, that gleaming paint, that black trim and that glistening chrome. Let the competition shudder as they smell the new car smell when you open your doors to show off your detailed dash or pristine carpet. Heck....Just have fun!

That`s what car shows are all about! :xyxthumbs

Your hub cap will just turn into a "hard luck story" and you know what, it may not even count against you.

Once I had an accident on the way to a concours where I ran over a dead animal. It caused severe damage to my Jag. I couldn`t fix it so I put a small sign by the dent which said "Oops". Believe it or not, no judge took points off for it. They all gave me mercy! I still won my class!

This could happen to you.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, maybe I will enter still. I was planning to go and just have some fun, enjoy the weather and the other cars.

As far as getting a replacement...I`m not sure I can, I may be stuck with them. I called the place that I got them from and the guy said run the car by so they can look at the rims, and he would look to see if they offered replacement center caps for it. They are aftermarket rims, so it will all depend on if they make the rims still.

thanks for the advice everyone!:up

Post Thanks / Like
    If they don`t have the exact replacement, then buy 4 new ones of a different brand that fit and that you like. Problem solved!

Same thing happened to my VW. Went to the parts department at the dealer on a Saturday and for $20 I bought and slapped on a new one.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely enter the show, you have put some serious time and effort and I`m sure judges will take notice of it.

GOOD LUCK.:xyxthumbs
    Afshin

90 Porsche 928 GT - Marine Blue

09 MazdaSpeed3 - Metropolitan Gray Mica

04 Honda Pilot - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Aurorav8 - If the TireRack handles the brand of wheel in question, I`d bet that they would get you a cap (or 4 if you need to go that route) in time if you approached them the right way.

OR, are your hubs/brakes good enough to show the car with the wheel OFF? Yeah, weird, but it`s a thought.

Even without the cap, I hope you enter. As with Brad`s "oops" sign, the right attitude could easily mean a lot to the judges. You yourself said it best:

...go and just have some fun, enjoy the weather and the other cars.
    :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Take off the other three caps. :xyxthumbs
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mmmph

Take off the other three caps. :xyxthumbs

I`ve actually thought about that. Although I will need to spend some time cleaning in the area behind where the center cap goes.

I think I will enter, simply to enjoy the weather. It`s supposed to be really nice this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the show? Ft Wayne?

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s actually in Kendalville, just north of Ft. Wayne. It`s not a big event...maybe 50 cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Enter!!

I am entering the stang into a show, with the big dent my dad casued with the lawn mower!

Who cares!! It still is beatuiful!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you don`t take off the other three then get a bandage and place it over the space for the missing one. Inject a little humor and have fun!

Thread Information