Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to post this under pro forum, but i think it will be better here.

I got some emails asking me how to get involved in doing some small shows and getting the customers.

Before you go out and look for show work you need to ask yourself if you are ready.

These customers are the most ANAL people in the world when it comes to their car and they have every right to be. They want it all perfect from screws & bolts, to lower control arms. It all needs to be cleaned and polished.

Some of my customers even stand over me while i detail (that drives me nuts).

It does not matter what kind of car it is, but it does matter about the work you do. Besure you know what you are doing and what you are taking on.

Do it right and the customer will get more people to come to you. Screw it up and it will be all over the show never to come to you.

My best advice i can give is start off at local car shows and work from there. Leave ample time to detail the car, this will not be your 3 hour detail. Now your products and how to use them.

If i forgot anything just reply i am pretty tired right now and want to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the Jag circuit, it`s certainly common to have your car professionally restored by a shop. But detailing is to be done by the owner and to have anyone other than the owner onsite at a show is an absolute no-no.:nixweiss
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brad B.

In the Jag circuit, it`s certainly common to have your car professionally restored by a shop. But detailing is to be done by the owner and to have anyone other than the owner onsite at a show is an absolute no-no.:nixweiss

Funny you should mention that. I have a few customers that say they do the detailing, when in fact i am doing it the day before. Don`t know what kind of shows they enter and i don`t go to them but It does not bother me that they say they did it.

I never knew that only the owners could do the detailing, I have had calls from people asking me to come with them to shows and do the detailing. I guess it depends on the show.

Post Thanks / Like
    NYD, you must be owed some trohies!!!!!

I cant understand it...if u want to do show and shine or concours and win trophies at least clean it yourself. If it is just a case of showing a car at a show then i can understand, but taking trophies for another mans graft!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RichPug306xsi

NYD, you must be owed some trohies!!!!!

I cant understand it...if u want to do show and shine or concours and win trophies at least clean it yourself. If it is just a case of showing a car at a show then i can understand, but taking trophies for another mans graft!?

It`s ok. The people who own these cars send me lots of work. Trophies are great, but they don`t pay the bills. Don`t get me wrong it would be nice to get a trophie from the show, but since i don`t own the car the owner gets all the credit.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least you know it was your skills that made the car look the way it did.

Thread Information