Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for some opinions on car shows. Does it seem fair that if a local car club puts on a show, that they be allowed to have there cars put in the show and judged. Anyone have any experiences or thoughts, I know that one of the reasons of going to a show is to have a good time.

Post Thanks / Like
    My .02: No the club that put it on shouldnt have their rides entered. Put them on display all together, but don`t enter them.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto that.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is just some local show I don`t think it matters. If it is something like the Autorama and they are going after the Ridler Award I would think differently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the show, most larger shows I competed in had from the industry or experts on other cars do the judging. That said I also went to some that were large national shows and knew the people running them and judging me. Hard to stay unbiased when you have one of the top cars week in week out and go to most major shows over a 2-3 year period.

I did excuse myself from being judged at three shows where one of my sponsors was sponsoring the show.
    You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, `Wow, you`re right! I never would`ve thought of that!`

Post Thanks / Like
    No. The organization putting on the show should not enter their own cars. That is just asking for trouble. What gets me about it is our club usually puts on a show every year and we judge the vehicles ourselves. We had a complaint saying that it wasn`t right for us (club members) to judge the cars. I have NEVER been to a show where the people putting it on didn`t have at least someone within the orginization judging. Their complaint was that where they go to shows at (Ohio), the local officials (mayors, councilmen, etc..) judged. That is the craziest idea I have ever heard of. If you know absolutely nothing about judging and what to look for, you shouldn`t be doing it. Anyway, going to a show is to have fun in my book. I did have a few things wrong with the judging in Biloxi last weekend, or should I say the lack of judging. It took the guy all of 30 seconds to judge my truck. I looked at the scoresheet before he started. There is no way he could have done it in less that 4 minutes. He didn`t open a door, he glanced through the window to judge the inside, never looked under it, and when I tried to show him my scrapbook of the build he said "I don`t need to see that"

Thread Information