Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    unfortunately it sounds like one of those kitted out monstrousity (sp) shows where huge kits and rims take place over hardcore detailing efforts. like others have said, it might have been fairer judging had it have been a more concours type show.

still i would be very happy if i could get my car looking as good as yours stilez so dont stress too much over it. BTW is that the celica done by AP racing or something? recognise it from a DVD i saw a while back and the people were thinking of super charging it.
    The man who constantly strives for perfection, knows that there never is.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow your car looks incredible :xyxthumbs

That really blows about the whole judging, but as others said it seems like the more mods and craziness your car looks the more points. Unfortunately there weren`t any Autopian judges, you definately would have won. I`m really not feeling that other integra or the celica. I`m sure its really fast and give credit to the owner, but I prefer a suddle look, all one color and clean, which I think you have achieved. I`m not a fan of body graphics, decals and those yellow headlights.

Looking at the other cars in the background it looked like a very "open" show. An old integra with altezzas and a low rider :nixweiss

Hopefully you`ll find a show where the judges appreciate how much time you spent on it looking perfect then how much $ you dumped into your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh, that Integra had a fully fiberglassed interior painted with the same boiling ball swirl scheme. He had TV`s too.

APR Performance is where my friend bought the celica. He bought it mostly like that but has dumped a bunch of TLC into it since purchasing. The car is absolutely insane. Vid up later...

It was definately a very diverse crowd in every aspect. It was nice to see what others had to offer. I just didn`t think they`d fair as well as they did. I guess it goes back to my thoughts of... "I mod for myself and nobody else". I`m not going to change for judges...I will just realize where they come from.

Post Thanks / Like
    That celica is really cool. Your car looks amazing as well.

But at the bowling ball. :argue

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I was there and I must say your car looked great.

I had the cleanest truck their for sure...and one of the cleanest overall. :p

I only took third place in the Mini-Truck Class. The judging criteria was bad, if you didn`t have flashy lights, tvs, window tint (show car? with tint???), 20"+ wheels,or anything like that points were deducted. The judge himself told me he didn`t agree with the criteria but he had to follow it under the directions of the club who put the show on.

Here`s a pic of a reflection while sitting behind the truck at the show.

Day Before the show...

Aaron

1996 Nissan R33 Skyline

2010 40th Edition 370z (Pick it up soon as I get back to the states!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    "That`s the Integra that took the cake."

That car looks way too modified to be tasteful like yours Sean. I would have picked your car.

It seems these contests need one for pure appearance and one for appearance/modified.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with SilverLexus..... There has to be a fine line. Taste should count for something. Having the most modified car shouldn`t make you the winner. You car does look awesome and if it was up to me you would have taken it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information