Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is rare 2001 Continental 420 Bentley, one of 25 made in the world. I did`t know about the history untill after I detailed it and drove it. On the dash is displayed production #8. Pretty cool I thought. Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow very nice! Althought not one of the rare ones, I saw a very similar looking one the other day near I95 :up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by turbomangt

Here is rare 2001 Continental 420 Bentley, one of 25 made in the world. I did`t know about the history untill after I detailed it and drove it. On the dash is displayed production #8. Pretty cool I thought. Gary

how far did you "drive it" -- hope you didn`t scar it for life!!

nice car, nice detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    About 15 miles or so, just enough to draw some attention

Post Thanks / Like
    very classy vehicle. i wouldnt dare to drive it more than 1 mile if it werent mine, i`d be too paranoid

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful looking car :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked the Bentley and Rolls that were used in Prince Charles and Camille`s wedding. I think the C&C were in a 62 Rolls. I did not see and swirls or cobwebs in either cars (on tv)
    Peter Sterns

72 Porsche 911E Targa, 85 Audi 4000S Quattro, 03 Honda Element AWD, 04 Honda CRV AWD, 06 Scion Tc

Post Thanks / Like
    Turbomangt- That`s nice, thanks for posting it. I really like that previous generation continental...and I hear the paintjobs were nicer on those than they are on the new ones, too.

Any idea what made the "420" edition so special? It looks a lot classier than some of their "special editions".

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I understand that made it rare is the fact they only made 25 of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by turbomangt

Only thing I understand that made it rare is the fact they only made 25 of them

Heh heh, OK, that does explain the rarity You have piqued my curiosity as to what makes them so special though. Seems like most of the "special" Bentleys had some kind of tacky alterations that make me

I`ve been wondering if the older style Continentals like that will suddenly get (relatively) inexpensive now that they`re selling so many of the new ones...

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting Gary

Some google info-

Quote: Re-write the legend... What makes a champion return to the scene of last year`s triumph and start again in the first round, putting a hard-won reputation to the test? Because it is the contest that makes the champion. And it is the acceptance of new challenges that makes a legend greater still.

WHETHER THE CONTINENTAL T is, as Autocar magazine declared, the "greatest Bentley in half a century" depends upon your tastes and driving style. But it is unquestionably the fastest-accelerating Bentley ever built and the most powerful, with an intensity of character that recalls the marque`s racing bloodline. For those in search of mighty performance, the Continental T stands alone. 2001 Continental 420 Bentley
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Those Bentleys were / are just so classy and elegant. Id love to own one "Someday"...

Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT- Thanks for posting that. I somehow *thought* that the "420" might`ve had to do with a HP figure, but I was afraid all the "hot" versions had some sort of weird body modifications ike the one with the "t-bar" roof and the less-than-stylish fender flares. Nice to see that wasn`t the case.

LightningSVT- Heh heh, some of the older Bentleys are now quite affordable, *IF* you have good mechanic who won`t mess the car up or rip you off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and make sure the previous owner was not a cad or a bounder. Gentlemen take care of their Bentley`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Bentley`s don`t do anything for me.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information