Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Any idea what made the "420" edition so special? It looks a lot classier than some of their "special editions".

Check the model year. Like most special editions, this was an upgraded run-out model - the last Bentley coupe sold before the model was dropped for the current Continental GT. Nice cars, and sought-after by those RR enthusiasts that aren`t fond of the new VW designs. Btw, all of the models are "rare" - I think the company sold fewer than 100 cars that year. VW has done wonders with the make since they released the new models, no question.

Emanuel (RROC member)
    2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe, black/black

2009 Smart ForTwo, white/black/gray

Post Thanks / Like
    epbrown01- Thanks for the additional info, yeah, the model year clue slipped right past me.

Since I last visited this thread I`ve done a little more research into these things. Much as I appreciate AWD (and thus would only replace my S8 with one of the new "VW/Audi Bentleys" if I decide to write the big check), I still love the older, "three box" style ones and their more traditional nature.

I`ve noticed that the older Continentals still sell for more than the new Continental GTs, even when they have significant mileage on them. Even nice Turbo Rs are still kinda pricey. Interesting, at least to a guy who`s used to the depreciation hits that Audis and other "normal-nice" cars take.

Nice to see a RROC member here at Autopia! One of the reasons I`d buy a Bentley/RR would be for the pure joy of detailing it, the chance to truly appreciate the details of the workmanship and contribute a little something of my own abilities towards its preservation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information