Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello to all my fellow f-body buffing friends!!

http://www.fbodygathering.com

If you can make this event I HIGHLY suggest you do so. This will be my 5th time attending and it has grown by leaps and bounds every year. Plan on 200-250 f-bod`s of every generation (though the 4th gen`s are always the majority) in attendance. It`s a great 3 day weekend with lots of fun events, a huge car show and non-stop parking lot fun. The Gathering has absolutely ZERO racing involved and is more a vacation/party than anything else. If you can make it please do so...I guarantee you`ll come back.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Mike
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    all of the f-body guys i know care more about going fast in a gutted out tin can that having a show car. they dont understand that you can have both.

sounds like fun...

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Brian- most owners don`t care about looks. I did both and always got weird looks .
    2004 Chevy Colorado / Extended Cab / I5 / A4 / 4X4

Sunburst Orange Metallic

2xAIO/4xSG/

Post Thanks / Like
    You`d be suprised how many f-body owner`s are into the show n` go thing. Not all of us are nitrous sniffing mullet men.

The car show is actually the focal point for the Gathering. No racing...no "mine is bigger than yours"...just a relaxed vacation type atmosphere for 3 days. Folks just hang out, have fun and talk about how mad they are at GM for killing our cars.

It`s an event like no other in the f-body community.
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    If I still had my car, I would attend. At first, I was all show `n go, then I got the bug in me that was all go, then I went back to show, then I sold the car because I was sick of the mods I put in it.

Now I am just cruising with a Colorado and am happy again. I have a bike to settle my go fast needs and truck to get work done. I do miss my car though, but I don`t regret selling it.
    2004 Chevy Colorado / Extended Cab / I5 / A4 / 4X4

Sunburst Orange Metallic

2xAIO/4xSG/

Post Thanks / Like
    ive got four camaros(mostly first gen). Id love to go but a little far for me to travel for a show

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! I resent that remark about the tin can.

I`ve got an 02 SS and I`m already registered and reserved, paid...and stocking up on beer for that weekend.

I just got done pulling my entire interior and putting down dynamat, vaccuming all the nooks and crannies and then wiping everything down to make sure I got every bit of dirt.

Already polished the GMMG exhaust, detailed the engine bay, sprayed the rubberized undercoating, followed by a gloss black paint for shine on the undercarrage, detailed the wheel wells, cleaned the inside and outside of all wheels, detailed and touched up the differential and about to do a full Hotchkis Suspension package...and I`ve still got a bunch to do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 02blackbullet

...and stocking up on beer for that weekend.

:LOLOL A Gathering veteran I see?!?!?!

I`ll have my rig set up in the far end of the vendor lot detailing f-bod`s from Thursday on. Lola will be in the lot directly above the vendor area. Stop by and say hello when you get a chance. :up
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

You`d be suprised how many f-body owner`s are into the show n` go thing. Not all of us are nitrous sniffing mullet men.

BWHAHAHAHA ...... class Mike I sprayed my monitor with my tea!

Post Thanks / Like

Man I`ve been wrong about you F-Body guys all along:p You forgot the wife beater, a pack of reds and a pair of old school Miami Vice Oakleys :chuckle: ! Just messing gotta keep that Ford vs Chevy(GM) rivalry alive :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Paul...I try!!!

true blue blood I`d be remiss if I said I never wore a wife beater or smoked a pack of cowboy killers. Honestly...there is no more GM vs. Ford rivalry anymore. `98-02 the 4th gen`s ruled the roost...then the `03-`04 Cobra`s settled the score big time. Now...there is nothing but a 450hp Cobra to beat up on rebaged LS2 powered Holden Monaro`s (an incredible car by the way...just not a GTO). GM has dropped the ball in the pony car market segment and it shows in the mass exodus of new owners from their ranks.

I miss the pony car wars...hopefully some day they will return. Until then the Stang guys will have their plates full with big boosted STi`s and Evo`s.
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

The car show is actually the focal point for the Gathering. No racing...no "mine is bigger than yours"...just a relaxed vacation type atmosphere for 3 days. Folks just hang out, have fun and talk about how mad they are at GM for killing our cars.

It`s an event like no other in the f-body community.

Hear Hear!!!

Its more important to look good getting there than how fast you can get there.

But....................a little go won`t hurt the ride either:nono :xyxthumbs

Take a lot of pics. Wish I could make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul...I try!!!

true blue blood I`d be remiss if I said I never wore a wife beater or smoked a pack of cowboy killers. Honestly...there is no more GM vs. Ford rivalry anymore. `98-02 the 4th gen`s ruled the roost...then the `03-`04 Cobra`s settled the score big time. Now...there is nothing but a 450hp Cobra to beat up on rebaged LS2 powered Holden Monaro`s (an incredible car by the way...just not a GTO). GM has dropped the ball in the pony car market segment and it shows it the mass exodus of new owners from their ranks.

I miss the pony car wars...hopefully some day they will return. Until then the Stang guys will have their plates full with big boosted STi`s and Evo`s.

Oh come on where`s the nostalgia ! I think the HP giants will be falling by the wayside as gas creeps up and we will all be driving 4 bangers with turbo`s !

yeah the GTO is lacking can`t take a Grand Prix/Grand Am lookin car and make it bad azz!!!! I`d take one but not pay for it.

Heard they were kicking around bringin the Camaro back in 07,

I had an 00 Stang and now an 03 . The new 05`s are just not doin` it for me.

Oh well I still love Mullets :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by true blue blood

Oh well I still love Mullets :xyxthumbs

...and I still love pushrods.
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like

...and I still love pushrods.