5 Camaro ZL1 572

6 El Camino SS

7 #29 Nextel Cup Race Car

8 Firebird Daytona Pace

9 2006 Corvette Z06

10 2006 Impala SS

11 Cobalt SS

12 2006 Malibu MAXX SS

I`ll take pictures and will offer to detail the Z06 for free.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Camaro LT-5? I gotta see pics of that. I wish I could make it, but I know I cant get the time off of work, and I dont think the IROC will make it all the way to Georiga and back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I became a bit ill with car #12. Yknow...you just can`t water the `SS heritage down that much.

Sorry for the angry ramble. Do take pics, esp. of LT5 and The El!!! Sounds too good to miss!!!!

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by lbls1

I became a bit ill with car #12. Yknow...you just can`t water the `SS heritage down that much.

Sorry for the angry ramble. Do take pics, esp. of LT5 and The El!!! Sounds too good to miss!!!!

I agree Lester and will take pictures of the "nice" ones!!

It`s a shame GM tosses the SS moniker around like it does...some of them are good...and some of them are not so good.
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

I agree Lester and will take pictures of the "nice" ones!!

It`s a shame GM tosses the SS moniker around like it does...some of them are good...and some of them are not so good.

There`s a simple explanation why: SS is Chevy`s "Elite Brand Image" and it`s what people want. They think by having an SS Station Wagon it allows the 30 and 40-somethings with families to buy the best of both worlds: A sports car and a family hauler all in one.

If they wanted to do that, why not just bring out a platform like chevelle or malibu, build a wagon out of it with RWD and a big DoD equipped V8, mate it to a T56/Hurst and call it "Hurst Hauler"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike and Shiny,

I hear you guys on many counts. On the one hand, its good that the ss moniker (sp) has survived and is still recognized as a symbol of performance. It is true that there are one or two models that live up to the performance aspect of the heritage, the best of which is the new Cobalt.

But.....all of those cars, albeit popular, fall short of the true meaning of the heritage. The SS was an exclusive model based on full sized, intermediate, and compact coupes (there may have been one or two sedans (1964) that rolled out accidentally or as a test)with Rear Wheel Drive. The `SS models that made the name legendary were the big breathing, tire smoking, exhaust growling legends such as the 409, `velle SS396 and 454, and Impala SS396 and 427 (edit...how did I forget the Camaro SS..350 and 396?!?).

Its just strikes me funny as we have seen a resurgence in rwd and performance, how Chevy is desperately clinging to those old names that don`t quite fit their products, yet as a whole (with GM) seem to be at a loss for a genuine good idea.

Sorry guys, its just that malibu thing that`s got me roiled!! I miss the underappreciated fbodies!! They were true to the end.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by lbls1

Mike and Shiny,

I hear you guys on many counts. On the one hand, its good that the ss moniker (sp) has survived and is still recognized as a symbol of performance. It is true that there are one or two models that live up to the performance aspect of the heritage, the best of which is the new Cobalt.

But.....all of those cars, albeit popular, fall short of the true meaning of the heritage. The SS was an exclusive model based on full sized, intermediate, and compact coupes (there may have been one or two sedans (1964) that rolled out accidentally or as a test)with Rear Wheel Drive. The `SS models that made the name legendary were the big breathing, tire smoking, exhaust growling legends such as the 409, `velle SS396 and 454, and Impala SS396 and 427 (edit...how did I forget the Camaro SS..350 and 396?!?).

Its just strikes me funny as we have seen a resurgence in rwd and performance, how Chevy is desperately clinging to those old names that don`t quite fit their products, yet as a whole (with GM) seem to be at a loss for a genuine good idea.

Sorry guys, its just that malibu thing that`s got me roiled!! I miss the underappreciated fbodies!! They were true to the end.

Yup. I wouldn`t mind to see them back again as something similar in platform to the GTO/Monaro.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know....the more I think of it, the more I appreciate the Monaro we have right now. If you get past the badging, it is an attractive car (with a heck of a mechanical section).

I just don`t want to see them get rid of anymore excellent cars because of poor handling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its gonna be fun as always.I need to get off my butt my car even saw rain twice this week. [I This other one sure has not.

MG]
    2001 Blackbird edition Trans Am #19

433 rwhp

409 rwt

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally met Blackbird and 1 Clean WS6 today doing show prep for the F Body show. Blackbird`s Firebird and Michael`s Denali are beautiful...but the king of the day was when GM unloaded the show cars including a new custom silver painted Vette Z06. What a beautiful car inside and out. Michael going to be lucky enough to detail it.

I will bring my Nikon and take pics and post them later. Can`t wait to see the silver Firebird as well.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`ve drank all of the beer in Atlanta. :p

1 Clean WS6: I saw your car in the LS2 area below us. That thing is immaculate. It looked awesome. I was the guy with the 2002 Black Camaro SS with a little bling under the hood who was with River City F-Bodies.

I walked away with the Hawk`s Third Gen Award for the best 4th Gen F-Body. That was pretty damn cool.

If it wasn`t for the members on the website, I wouldn`t have won that so thanks guys! :bounce

As always, I had an awesome time!

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SwirlBoy

Well, I`ve drank all of the beer in Atlanta. :p

1 Clean WS6: I saw your car in the LS2 area below us. That thing is immaculate. It looked awesome. I was the guy with the 2002 Black Camaro SS with a little bling under the hood who was with River City F-Bodies.

I walked away with the Hawk`s Third Gen Award for the best 4th Gen F-Body. That was pretty damn cool.

If it wasn`t for the members on the website, I wouldn`t have won that so thanks guys! :bounce

As always, I had an awesome time!

:woot: So much beer...such little time!! We need to start making these things a week long!!

Thanks for the compliment on the WS6...I worked all day than was up until 5:30 in the morning getting that car ready for the show!!

The River City F-Bod`s ALWAYS bring a great crew...it seems that every club sets your club as "the bar".

Bruce Hawkins of Hawk`s Third Gen is an incredibly talented mechanic and a heckuva nice guy to boot. You should be very proud of that trophy...it`s kinda like winning a "people`s choice" award.

See you next year buddy!!

Check out this thread for more pics of G9 (don`t open it if you have 56K)...

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showth...179#post562179
    Mike
    Owner/Operator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information