Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    the spot on the blue colant hose try to get the black scuff off and the powersteering tube try to clean that up a bit, dress the fan shroud, wipe the black bracing bars and make sure the chrome intake is SPOTLESS once you get down in there im sure u will find more dirt and grime in little nooks and crannies and u will get that too what part of texas are you in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Enduro! I`m in way south texas!

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem im not trying to sound like a pickyass but the minor details are where u can pick a point up here and there

i was out in houston the past weeked for a drifting event

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to accomplish â€Ëœextraâ€â„¢ shine (I think the modern vernacular is â€Ëœblingâ€â„¢) use Pledge (yes the professor said Pledge furniture polish) especially on your dark red paint (I used to use it on an BRG XK150 back in the day, alright way back) won BOS in one or two Concourse dâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’©légance too, although Iâ€â„¢m in no way crediting it all to the Pledge LOL

Good luck, and Iâ€â„¢ll repeat whatâ€â„¢s already been saidâ€Â¦itâ€â„¢s important to enjoy the eventâ€Â¦if you gain a place its gravy

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pledge huh? I`ll give it a shot, does it just have a lot of oils?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TOGWT

If you want to accomplish â€Ëœextraâ€â„¢ shine (I think the modern vernacular is â€Ëœblingâ€â„¢) use Pledge (yes the professor said Pledge furniture polish) especially on your dark red paint (I used to use it on an BRG XK150 back in the day, alright way back) won BOS in one or two Concourse dâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’©légance too, although Iâ€â„¢m in no way crediting it all to the Pledge LOL

Good luck, and Iâ€â„¢ll repeat whatâ€â„¢s already been saidâ€Â¦itâ€â„¢s important to enjoy the eventâ€Â¦if you gain a place its gravy

JonM

Are you seriuos about the pledge? how would you apply it?

Doesn`t pledge have cleaners that would mess with the wax on the surface?

I am suppose to enter my first car show in two weeks (it was like a month ago but reschedule cause of rain (did about 20 hrs of work cause the weather man was off by a day). But i decided not to enter after all, i don`t have a pc yet for swirl removal and i need to get my lip resprayed and hood touched up.

I wont` enjoy it unless i win haha, bunch of hte guys at my school have supras, STI, G35 coupes and such and my integra wouldn`t get votes even if i did have best paint.:sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    Underneath,

When is the show? If you have the time, and if the car has never been clayed, by all means do so. FWIW, since it sounds like you drive the car often, I would clay bar at least twice a year.

My suggestions:

Buy yourself an extra set of floor mats for shows

Make sure the car is clean (at local car shows you`re not going to be judged on swirls)

It`s up to you if you want to display additional information via placards. For some examples, check out pictures I have taken here in Jersey at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/29bullitt59

Lastly, walk around and take in all the sights and sounds, don`t be afraid to ask questions from the other participants, and relax and have fun.

Hope this helps,

Tom
    2001 Mustang Bullitt

DHG 792

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 29bullitt59

For some examples, check out pictures I have taken here in Jersey at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/29bullitt59

Someone should smack this guy..what a waste of money..34 Televisions in your car. http://image18.webshots.com/18/1/7/2...3JmjhOb_ph.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information