Thread: Car show horror

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to car show today in Ottawa, anyways to get right to the point i first noticed a girl cleaning the windows with windex, didnt think much of it, she then proceeded to clean and wipe down the rest of the car with the same dirty dish cloth type rag continuing to spray windex and rub in a circular motion made me cringe to watch it:nervous2: lol, my question is who hires these peopel to keep the cars clean? car show organizer or dealers themselves?? poor little Mustang GT conv never had a chance lol i felt like running out to my car and getting my #34 and MF cloth

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya. When at the Chicago Auto Show, the attendants were rubbing in circular motions with what appeared to be low-quality towels and a mysterious liquid in a spray bottle.

I was this < > close to saying something to one of the attendants....

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt its her fault? prob is just given instructions to keep car clean, end of story. Its the people who hire these kids :down

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just at the Daytona car show yesterday and yes, horror! :nervous: . "Show" cars parked in mush , mud and puddles with debris sticking to the paint!! Not to mention obvious spots of dirt and dirty wheel and wheel wells. Honestly, even a non Autopian spectator would make a comment about them. I think there were about three cars that can be considered "Autopian" there. Nevertheless, very nice cars for what they are.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    You see it all in daytona.

Especially spring break nationals.
    Mighty Hd

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this guy with a vest that said "professional Detailers" at the Milwaukee Auto Show wiping down a car with a cheap MF and some unlabeled bottle of spray solution. I asked the guy...

"What`s in that bottle? Is it some kind of quick detail spray?"

"Yeah"

"What kind is it?"

"I can`t remember the name. This is my first year working with them. You put two drops of it in a bottle and fill it with water. It`s really great stuff."

Anyone know what this stuff is? It didn`t look all that great to me. Most of the cars could have looked a LOT nicer.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that crap at the Dallas Auto Show too. It makes me cry.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my friends cousins has a beautiful GS300... over the summer he has it washed by "professional" mobile detailers, but in-between washes, he keeps it shining by cleaning it with Windex. I saw him doing the same thing you mentioned... cleaning the windows, then using PAPER TOWELS and windex to clean the paint off. I was in shock! lol.

This guy really helps me get detailing work, he tells people that i`ve worked on his car and did a great job, when really I haven`t touched it. I don`t want him telling people I worked on his car when he takes that kind of care of it... so I told him that I would detail his car for free. I`m still waiting for him to get back to me on a day.

Then, this past week, he asks me if I`ve heard of some type of "acid wax". His cheap body guy used it and it "took the paint from another car right off". I told him he NEEDS to let me detail his car, and make sure that none of the other products come close to his finish!
    Signature modified because it was over the limit.

Post Thanks / Like
    ignorance is bliss....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have commented on the Atlanta Auto Show having guys with terry towels in rough shape spraying windex on cars. The Lamborghinis were swirl city at the last show.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    just got home from the NY auto show and had to add to this thread...

saw a guy using Stoners Invisible Glass all over the car.

I also didn`t see one swirl-free car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too went to the NY Auto show on Wednesday and EVERY car was marred under those lights. That included the Porsche GT and Ferraris.

Basically guys were using cheap MF`s and a QD as well as synthetic fiber dusters to wipe down the cars. There weren`t swirls, just bad marring.

It was a shame to see.

I also saw those huxters with their Ibiz and Liquid Lustre waxes. They were spray painting hoods and then waxing it off. I like the when they show how the water "sheets" off by poring it on an angle so it rolls off. I said to the guy that water comes down in drips from the sky, not on an angle in a stream. :nono

There were two new waxes as well, but in the end it`s all the same stuff poured into different bottles.

They cleaned my Dad`s oxidized house keys :p I just laughed. The guy asked if I wanted to buy the wax. I politely informed him I have roughly $2,000 in detailing supplies / equipment and don`t see a need for his product at the moment

Post Thanks / Like
    nasty nasty

Last show I went to somone had one of those clear hoods with a dirty engine bay.

Thread Information