Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen, brother! I`ve never had a judge ask me what I used on the car. They just ask me how I did what I did.

So so true. Its all about attention to detail and prep.

There are a million products out there. You can have the most expensive stuff but if you don`t take the time use the products properly (ie prep, attention to detail, etc) then your just wasting your time.

Anybody can wax a car. Its those that take the extra time and that come out on top.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a pretty interesting topic. I find it amazing and some what amusing at times to see the finishes on some of the so called show cars. The majority of cars I look at in any given show usually have some spider webbing that doesn`t take a trained eye to see. I always wonder if the owner thinks or hopes that the judges just won`t notice.

:nixweiss
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    The number one problem when people go to wax there car is they didn`t prep. Every car I did the paint was so dirty that you couldn`t imagine. I`m talking $50,000 limited Chevelle that I clayed for 2 hrs. It was unreal! This car had a whole wall of trophies. It had a wonderful 11 layer paint job. That`s how beautiful the paint was. Even under all that dirt. After I was done with it (5 days later) he one his first ever Best in Show and Best Paint out of 3,000 cars. The guy hugged me! He said about 1,000 people came up to him and said "what do you use", "who`s your detailer"?

Point is. If you don`t take the time with preping the best paint job isn`t worth shiz. If you don`t polish, clay, and clean the paint it isn`t going to show it`s true beauty. It`s like Cindy Crawford putting make-up on a dirty face (my example to customers). It doesn`t matter if you use Turtle Wax or Klasse it`s going to look like shiz. I`m telling you guys you have to use Klasse! I only been detailing for cash for about 4 months but I have never seen any feedback about any wax than with Klasse. I always used Meguire`s for years and my uncle introduced it to me. His two Camaro`s are retired and in the Chevy Hall of Fame. That was his secret for 20 years!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One mans opinion / observations~

Audipower-my Father’s ‘secret’ for his Jags, surface prep, Klasse and a Carnauba wax.

At most car shows if you enter a well-prepped vehicle, regardless of what sealant/wax you’ll walk away with a win

In fairness to `some of the entrants`, the spiderwebbing remains because the original paint is thin and they don`t want to risk an abrasive polish

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted

justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    My "lawyer uncle" as I like to call him has a old Jag., I don`t know what year. I have to detail it next weekend for the horrible Ohio winters. All Mahogony inside.

When I go to car shows all I see is dirty paint, spider webs, rippled paint and fish eyes. Which you can get out with a little work. It`s funny because these guys worship these cars, or they just act like it, and they don`t do the little things that matter.

I hope they don`t figure out, because as long as my customers win I win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by audipower

The number one problem when people go to wax there car is they didn`t prep. Every car I did the paint was so dirty that you couldn`t imagine. I`m talking $50,000 limited Chevelle that I clayed for 2 hrs. It was unreal! This car had a whole wall of trophies. It had a wonderful 11 layer paint job. That`s how beautiful the paint was.

you should of seen all the overspray I pulled off my sub a few months back w/ Mike Phillips. The clay bar was solid red when I was done, even the dash. Still have no clue where that came from!

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GearHead_1

This is a pretty interesting topic. I find it amazing and some what amusing at times to see the finishes on some of the so called show cars. The majority of cars I look at in any given show usually have some spider webbing that doesn`t take a trained eye to see. I always wonder if the owner thinks or hopes that the judges just won`t notice.

:nixweiss

Honestly...I don`t think some of the OWNER`S notice. How often do you see an Autopian caliber finish out and about?? It easy to forget just how anal we in this community are.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but you`ll diffently notice with people giving you more complamints. All the cars I do the owners say I got alot more complamints on the paint job. About 1 out of 10 they ask them what they use. It`s all about making the paint job look it`s best. Like my girl say, "makeup doesn`t look good on a dirty face".

Post Thanks / Like
    Newbie here, but here`s my two cents on winning shows.

1. What are you starting with ie amazing paint job or factory blem.

2. Talent and experience of the individual doing the prep

3. Tools used to do the prep.

4. Very last... products used. Some are definately better than others, but the quality products are neck and neck.

Sorry, Turtle wax not on the list.

Nice to be here. Great stuff !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was winning shows when I used Meguiars and I win shows now that I use Zaino. I think it is the paint and quality of the vehicle that wins shows, not so much what product you use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information