Post Thanks / Like
    our local VW club had a mini detailing GTG. Me being the nerd that I am brought along my PC and accessories.

The car that I spent most of my time on was a black 98 Jetta GT. it had some pretty bad swirls and scratches on it (no before pics, but you could see the swirls from several feet away).

I broke out the PC with a cutting pad and DACP and went to town on it. BIG difference. I went over the hood and roof a few times but still couldn`t get everything out. I think i`d have to step up to the wool pad on the PC or maybe up to diamond cut on the PC. anyhow, we were running out of light so i couldn`t do a SEPC with white pad or a #7. we just put on a coat of NXT and called it a day for that car and started working on a blue 98 jetta GT also.

This was the first dark coloured car that i`ve ever done. I was a little bit nervous since every other car i`ve done has been silver and didn`t know how good or bad my technique was since silver is very forgiving. I think it turned out great. The owner does too

This one is a pic right after the DACP. Light was fading fast so we had to apply and remove the NXT fairly quickly. we did notice that the NXT tended to streak when we removed it, though i`m not really sure if it had hazed completely or not. There was no streaking at all on the black jetta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Work!
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    holy reflections batman, that black jetta looks supurb! I hope I can get near those results by hand. I couldent imagine better results, you dident even use a glaze or topping wax!
    Milano Red 1996 HX Civic - replaced with:

Black 1996 EX Civic

Post Thanks / Like
    Zilla!

Awwwwsume results dude!

Man that black finish is brilliant!

I have a NEW 330ci Jet Black paint.

can you tell me your recommendation on what accessories I should use with a PC 7242? what pads etc? where to buy it?

I use Klasse AIO and SG then Sonus DS. May put on a carnuba P21S. any recommendations?

Great stuff man.

Gary
    Its cold up here in Cana-duh!

Post Thanks / Like
    if you have a new car you shouldn`t have bad swirls on it. you might be able to get away with a white polishing pad and something like s-100 SEPC. if not, then step up to a cutting pad and some DACP.

try www.eshine.ca and www.carcaresmart.com both in Canada.

Thread Information