Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone going to be there? I was thinking about entering an A4 but would like some tips. The car has never been detailed before and it`s 3 years old so I have a bit of work before the event on July 17th.

Post Thanks / Like
    This will be my first concours, never even been to one before.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be there. Come on over to the Mercedes area, I have a dark blue E430, ask for Lou.

The DM is good event, but each club judges cars (Mercedes, Porshe, BMW, Audi) by their own rules. I know the Mercedes rules, but not Audi. I will try to answer any specific questions you have?

You will see many great cars and people!

Lou
    07 jet black 328i
    04 4runner stratospheric mica
    06 911s arctic silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Any tips on what to do to the car to get it ready? I should be able to get the paint and interior looking pretty nice but there are some things that I don`t do with a usual detail but I may want to do for a car show, like cleaning out the tread on the tires. I will be driving the car there so I am planning on doing finishing touches after I get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest you try to find rules on how Audi car clubs judge cars. As an example, if you go to the Mercedes Benz car club web site, you will find the scoring sheet and rules for concours events.

If you can find the same thing for Audi, you will be in good shape knowing what to do. Call the organizers of the event (Audi club) and ask for the judging rules.

Once you find the rules, you will know what is important. I expect the underside and tires of the car will not be judged. But the exterior, interior, and engine compartment will. Rules will tell you much, for example in Mercedes, paint condition and finish may be less then 10% of the total score. In Mercedes, authenticity is important, what about Audi? Find the Audi guide lines.

When you arrive at the concours, plan to park the car and give it a "once going over." Make sure you are there early enough so that you have time to prep before judging starts.

You should be near your car when they are judging, in case something needs to be opened.

Lou
    07 jet black 328i
    04 4runner stratospheric mica
    06 911s arctic silver

Thread Information