Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a day. For starters it was the biggest Concours in the Orange Coast Regions history. We had over 150 cars and 74 judged cars. Thats a great turn out for a single PCA region. Our event was held inconjunction with the Huntington Beach Concours, so there were hundreds of cars in the park. Congrats to fellow Autopean "MBZ 500E" who won the post war German Class in the HB event.

One of the highlights in the PCA area, was a 40 year display of 911`s

The day started pretty early, as we arrived at 5.45am. Pic is of my son cleaning the under carriage.

Judging got under way at 9.45am and I had to finish my judging committements first before being judged at around 12.30pm. Received probably my best score ever of 324.7 (out of 325). Had a perfect score on Exterior, Interior, Storage and Engine, and lost just 0.3 on the under carriage (0.1 front under carriage and 0.2 rear under carriage). The judges stick their hands everywhere they can under the car and into the wheels and calipers. If there is dust/dirt, its a deduction.

My score was good enough to win Best of Show (by just 0.1).

At Orange Cost I was competing against dedicated show cars that are rarely driven and are trailered to the event. I was particularly pleased with the result as I had only a couple of weeks ago attended BoxsterFest in Lake Tahoe (1000 mile return trip) , plus driven 1000 miles to/from the Tucson show earlier as well. In the past month I had put over 2500 miles on the car. Not only was it tough getting the car prepped well, but I don`t have a trailer either!

Click for more pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the win! Must have been great to see all those great looking Porsches in one spot. IMO, Porsches are meant to be driven and it`s even better when they look as good as yours!

Post Thanks / Like
    Must be great to have a kid to have him do all your dirty work!!!

Did he at least get ice cream for all the hard work??

Congrats!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

....Did he at least get ice cream for all the hard work?? ....

Yep he and his sister got treats. Frankly I was so happy with my score I would have bought them a pony each if they had asked

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you are a good daddy!

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s amazing. How long does it take you to prepare your car once you arrive at a show? How do you do it waterless?

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Man, you guys are sweeping all awards lately. Keep up the work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually very disapointed w/ the show this year. I got there a little before 1. Had most everyone left by then or was there not a huge turnout?

I do have a ton of pics I will post up this afternoon though.

And your kids got it easy, I had to do that to 4 different cars growing up and never got any reward out of it :

Post Thanks / Like
    btw, congrats on the win, that`s awesome

I still don`t understand this concours showing stuff, way to intense for my liking

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ZaneO

That`s amazing. How long does it take you to prepare your car once you arrive at a show? How do you do it waterless?
    It takes 4-5 hours of work at the show. Between myself and my kids we get it done in about 3 hours.

The main product we use to clean the under carriage at the show is Meguiars Final Inspection. I spray this onto white microfiber gloves and wipe down everything I can touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HotRodGuy

I was actually very disapointed w/ the show this year. I got there a little before 1. Had most everyone left by then or was there not a huge turnout?............
    I guess your refering to the main HB show?

The Porsche area was very busy and we had over 150 cars (judged and displayed). It was the biggest Porsche Club Orange Coast Region Concours ever. Unfortunately I didn`t have a chance to see any other area other than ours.

Post Thanks / Like
    You must go through a TON of FI

I just ordered my first bottle of it due to your recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JB in Irvine

I guess your refering to the main HB show?

The Porsche area was very busy and we had over 150 cars (judged and displayed). It was the biggest Porsche Club Orange Coast Region Concours ever. Unfortunately I didn`t have a chance to see any other area other than ours.

no I was definately referring to th whole show. Were you guys somewhere else? Cause I saw the porsche groupe, but it definately didn`t look like 150 :nixweiss

but then again, as I said, I got there around 1 and it seemed like most everyone had left. You guys were at the far west side of the show correct?

I`ll load my pictures in a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by HotRodGuy

no I was definately referring to th whole show. Were you guys somewhere else? Cause I saw the porsche groupe, but it definately didn`t look like 150 :nixweiss

but then again, as I said, I got there around 1 and it seemed like most everyone had left. You guys were at the far west side of the show correct?

I`ll load my pictures in a bit

Well there was 40 911`s in the 1964 to 2004 display alone.

These are the middle 2 rows, that go about half way down. You then have all the cars further down the row, in the row on the left and all those parked down the bottom. And this is just the 911`s.

You then had the 356`s, 914`s, 944`s, 928`s and Boxsters. (some seen in this pic) .

......plus Newport Auto had about half a dozen cars, a few race cars etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, I saw most of them then, some must of left cause there were empty spots between cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information