Post Thanks / Like
    What would you all recommend for spraying wheel wells. On the Mustang the front wheel wells have a plastic liner but, the rears have no liner just a bit of undercoating that isn`t evenly applied. Any suggestions for something that is durable as I only want to apply it once.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    nothing...keep it garaged

Post Thanks / Like
    You ought to give Griots Undercarriage Spray a try. It really does give the wheel wells a nice glossy appearance. Since you have a black car the rear wheel wells probably aren`t as obvious as mine. The wheels wells are body color with some black undercoating sparingly sprayed on. Since my car is Red a lot of the Red shows through. I am looking for a good undercoating spray paint to even out the black. Over that I will use Griots Undercarriage Spray to keep it looking good.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s undercoated now...I`d touch it up with undercoating. Mask off the body work immediately surrounding the wheelhouse, remove the wheel and cover the suspension parts.

Or, a spritz of Krylon Semi-flat is an excellent match to clean up otherwise good condition undercoating.

On my `03 Cobra, I use Simple Green to clean the plastic liners, then hit `em with some 303 on a applicator. On the Bronco, where the reach is MUCH easier, I used Sprayway non-slicone tire dressing and spray it onto the liners. (It`s aerosol.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Griots undercarriage Spray on mine... It will hide dirty spots and discoloration very well on black parts...
    Lee

2012 Audi S4

Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use brush on herculiner (this will be a coarse textured finish) or brush on Duplicolor truck bedliner (this will be a eggshell finish)

The herculiner will be more durable, but the duplicolor will look nicer.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    For years I have been using Omikron RD Black and Magnum Top Gear Super Black wheel arch paints. They are latex based and in liquid form. Simply spray the wells and in no time you have a jet black, rubber like coating that dirt, salt, water and mud cannot take off. I use this inside my chrome exhaust tip as well and certain sections of the chassis. A similar product should be available from Malco, 3M and many other brands sold in USA.

Some clear coat paint over the top might be a goer also.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Thread Information