Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the poor quality of the photos - it was very dark, very crowded and very difficult to get decent photos...even the pro photographers were complaining about the lighting (more for dramatics than performance).

We just got back from the premier - was a good time...great eats, good info, great entertainment, and a very cool car. Spoke with the GM bigwigs, will have good info for my forthcoming article/review.

Corvette C6 Photos

Post Thanks / Like
    THX!
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics, Steve.

But I`ve just gotta say..........

UGH :down :down

About the most uninspired interior I`ve seen in a car like this. It looks plenty sensible and maybe a bit roomy. Is that what Corvette owners want, sensible and roomy? Aluminum (faux?) on the center stack and aluminum pedals? How unoriginal.... And the HVAC and audio controls look greatly simplified with bigger buttons/knobs. No question this is to appease the rapidly aging core buyers group.

The exterior is a mix of Ferrari 575M and Viper. The rear 1/4 shot looks almost Acura NSXish which itself is a Ferrari ripoff.

I`m sure the Corvette faithful and the GM worshippers will fall all over themselves with praise as they always do. But I wonder what the rest of the automotive world will say.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by geekysteve

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos - it was very dark, very crowded and very difficult to get decent photos...even the pro photographers were complaining about the lighting (more for dramatics than performance).

We just got back from the premier - was a good time...great eats, good info, great entertainment, and a very cool car. Spoke with the GM bigwigs, will have good info for my forthcoming article/review.

Corvette C6 Photos

GM successfully mated a Viper with a Ferrari!! Way to be original :down

Post Thanks / Like
    The center console reminds me of a low dollar family sedan, not something I would expect from a sports car. The front end of the car I think looks horrible, but the back end at least looks corvettish. From the sideview to me it looks like the car is very unproportionate(sp?) looks to short and stubby, maybe it is just the angle of the picture or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the exterior looks very sharp, not very original, but very sharp. As everyone else pointed out, they did a lot of "borrowing" of design features from other sports/exotic cars.

The interior is shockingly lame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback after day 2: I caught a glimpse of it again (well, actually, I had about 20 minutes to look at it, sit in it, play with knobs, buttons, etc), and suffice it to say that the pictures don`t really do it justice.

The controls have a soft, rubberized feeling to them, much like you`d find on Mercedes-Benz or BMW controls (for radio, etc). The steering wheel is thick, and is covered with a very soft leather (as are the door panels). The dash is a special material that is very low gloss and equally as soft.

All in all, I really like the car. I`ve never been much of a Corvette fan, but you really do have to see it (my blurry photos don`t really count) to appreciate it... And I won`t even comment on bret`s response, as he`s *notoriously* narcissistic about any new car...unless it`s a Saab or a GMC truck - then it`s "teh win."

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlackRegal

The interior is shockingly lame.
    It`s a GM product what else would you expect?

I like the way the front looks, even if it was borrowed. I don`t think the whole car fits together well though. i.e. the nice front end with the side and typical vette rear. Sort of looks like a frankenstien car.
    99 Jetta

02 WRX

Growl Boxer Growl

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the exterior but the interior looks like it would be home in a circa 1970`s station wagon.

Post Thanks / Like
    In this day of cookie cutter cars this Vette is probably the rule not the exception. Can you really tell the difference between a Honda, Mazda and Toyota sedans from a distance? VW and Audi? Mazda Miata and Lotus and bug-eyed Austin Healeys. Volvo and Saab? Pontiac and BMW 5 or 7 ( front & side views ( no one will ever copy the rears) or any small to mid size SUV? Even the new Lexus 430 has copied the taillite design of the Mercs. Design engineers are handcuffed by their companie`s bottom lines at this time of fiscal responsibility and in some cases imagination ( retro craze). There are a few unique vehicles but some are weird looking (Hummer H2, Merc`s Landcruiser ( Wundarsomething ) Subie and Nissan Maxima/Ultima) or too expensive Ferrari, Maybach, Bentley`s and of course the Porsches GT.

One does not buy a Corvette, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus or Porsche to be unique. There are far to many out there for that ( I know I am in Cali when there`s a Porsche on every block ). You buy these vehicles for performance. And the last time I checked the Vette hasn`t been seen in too many rear view mirrors ( exception Vipers) of cars costing twice as much.

Quality? Who knows or care. Just like I would never own a Camaro Z28 or SS as a daily driver. The same would hold true for me with a Vette. Any car can tolerate a pampered life. If you have to ask how much it cost to fix, gas mileage, tire life, is it put together like a tank and insurance premiums, maybe this is not the vehicle for you. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. The C6`s interior materials may be nice, but stylewise, it looks like something you`d find in an Oldsmobile sedan. There are too many flaws with the aesthetics... the glovebox handle is too narrow, etc. The details just doesn`t look "right," especially for $50K car this time and day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics, I will be keeping my C5...

Post Thanks / Like
    i hated it when i first saw it, but i am in love with this car right now. and i do not like vettes at all my brother has had 3, i am a stern import sport compact car driver. in my circle of friends we have 3+ 400 hp turbo hondas, 4 supras in the 600 to 800 hp range, and other assorted japense beast. but i i will be putting a deposit on a c6 as soon they become availible at my local dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics, Geeky.:xyxthumbs
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pictures,Steve:up
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information