Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lynn

....But in my case, I`m talking about two Autopianly-detailed/cleaned cars, one of which is actually driven regularly, and one of which is seriously over-restored .....

Yep know what that is about. My main competition this year in Street Class was a car that`s driven approx 1000 miles a year. When you consider that one of the events is Las vegas (500 mile return from LA) you start to see how low miles that really is.

In my mind Street should be cars that are regularly driven. Some PCA regions in fact mandate min miles between events for Street cars, but not in Zone 8.

In PCA we also have "Unrestored" Class as well. This class requires you have 75% original paint and leather, and be 10+ years old.. I think this is a good idea, but strangely enough the class is under represented.

Post Thanks / Like
    JB and Lynn,

Do Porsche and Jaguar concours add points for mileage? I know MBCA does add points for miles. I know in Lynn`s case that might be more difficult if her biggest competitor is an older restored car, which could have alot of miles prior to restoration.

JB Kudo`s to you for beating out a 1000 mile/year car, that is amazing! Bet that guy was pissed!

I wish MBCA had a unrestored class, but I would venture to guess that it would be the same situation as PCA.
    Afshin

90 Porsche 928 GT - Marine Blue

09 MazdaSpeed3 - Metropolitan Gray Mica

04 Honda Pilot - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MBZ 500E

JB and Lynn,

Do Porsche and Jaguar concours add points for mileage?

Nope, no adjustment for miles.

But there are plenty of sub classes so a high mileage 30 year old 911 will not have to compete against a low mileage new 996. They only compete against each other for a "Best of Show/Street" perspective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MBZ 500E

JB and Lynn,

Do Porsche and Jaguar concours add points for mileage? I know MBCA does add points for miles. I know in Lynn`s case that might be more difficult if her biggest competitor is an older restored car, which could have alot of miles prior to restoration.

JB Kudo`s to you for beating out a 1000 mile/year car, that is amazing! Bet that guy was pissed!

I wish MBCA had a unrestored class, but I would venture to guess that it would be the same situation as PCA.
    Nope, JCNA doesn`t pay any attention to mileage whatsoever. There are two divisions in JCNA -- "Concours" (all parts of the car are judged) or "Driven" (which has nothing to do with whether or not the car is driven; but in the Driven class, the engine bay is not judged). Those two divisions are then broken down so you compete against your model (e.g., Mark II, E-types , XJ, XJS, etc.) My car, which was driven daily last year, and to Concours in SC and Houston, had about 4,000 miles on it, but I showed it in Concours, not Driven division.

Post Thanks / Like

..........There are two divisions in JCNA -- "Concours" (all parts of the car are judged) or "Driven" (which has nothing to do with whether or not the car is driven; but in the Driven class, the engine bay is not judged).

So is under carriage judged in both Concours and Driven? Or in neither?

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily for us, "in neither." You guys are way too hardcore for an amateur like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily for us, "in neither." You guys are way too hardcore for an amateur like me.

Well I`m still the amateur in this regard as well. In "Street" we do the engine, but no under carriage. Just "Full Concours" does that.

Will likely do some Full Concours events next year for the first time. I took a look at the under carriage the other day :shocked It wasn`t pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    JB, when you decide to show in Full Concours will you continue to drive your car? If yes.....then you definitely are a masochist.

MBCA only judges undercarriage in show class, BUT I`ve heard from many that the judges always take a peek to see the condition of the undercarriage and wheel wells. I`ll find out soon enough.

Actually at the HB Concours all the judges checked wheel wells and undercarriage and I showed street class on that event. Learned my lesson and have spent some time cleaning it up. Not white glove by any means but presentable.
    Afshin

90 Porsche 928 GT - Marine Blue

09 MazdaSpeed3 - Metropolitan Gray Mica

04 Honda Pilot - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Weather it be show and shine or concours engine bay and under carrige are judged in both classes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information