Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of investing in one of these for around the house and use at car shows.

Does NE1 have any experience with them or see them used at car shows???

One of the reasons I am thinking of getting one is that the annual 300zx convention this year in Oct is on a Wens. I will be driving up to NH and prepping the car on Mon and Tues.

Since the show is outside I am sure I will be prepping in the hotel parking lot those 2 days. I thought this would be nice to get the sun off of the car etc.

I am not sure if 10 x 10 is big enough though...

Any thoughts, ideas, input????

Quick Shade
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to use them a lot when we were racing regularly. They`re lifesavers, but agreed - you`ll want a larger than 10x10 tent for use with a car.

Buy a good one, because with all of the constant put-up/take-down, you`ll want one that`s going to hold-up to the abuse. We had a really cheap one (like $150) and it only lasted about 3 months before it started having problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 10x10 EZ-UP and it`s the best $200 I have ever spent. It collapses to 48" and fits easily in the trunk. I would NEVER do a car show again without it. It makes all the difference in the world sitting in the shade as opposed to baking in the sun, and you`d be surprised how people tend to congregate in your shade. It also makes a great shelter from the rain!

That one you`re looking at is very flimsy, I`ve seen it at several shows. The EZ-UP is the king of canopies, very well constructed and it`ll last you for years. All the others are cheap copies and very flimsy, you get what you pay for.

The also make a 10x20 if you want to cover the whole car as well as yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    DFTowel...

Do you actually use yours to cover your car or just to sit under?? I was thinking of getting one to cover my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the canopy I use:

http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?t...=10012416&log=

Its also 10 x 10, but has side walls that allow you to detail in almost any sun position.

I don`t take it to car shows because I cannot fit it in the Boxster, but it is easily the best investment I have made to help detail the car.

Before I had the canopy I only had shade before 8am and after 4pm at my house. This really restricted what detailing/washing I could do. Now with the canopy I pick the time I want to work that fits in best with my schedule.

At 10 x 10 its will not cover the car, but as mentioned earlier, its only around noon that is truley an issue. You could have 10 x 20 and it still wouldn`t shade the car for most of the day without walls.

I also agree with the earlier post....spring for a good quality cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

DFTowel...

Do you actually use yours to cover your car or just to sit under?? I was thinking of getting one to cover my car.

I use it to shade ME! Sometimes, if space is cramped I back the car under half of it. A 10x20 may shade the car at mid day but with the movement of the sun part of the car will always be in the sun so I would say forget about the 10x20 and worry about shading yourself and not the car.

Mine collapses down into a bag that is only 48" long and easily fits in the trunk, I`ve seen people put them in the back seat or even upended on the passenger seat floor. There is always a way to find room for it.

A 10x10 Express III EZ-UP (the very best make available) with three side curtains, ground stakes, weight bags, carry case, and wheels would run you about $500 from EZ-UP itself BUT you can find them online and ebay for about $250 shipped. Mine is two years old, has been to 50+ car shows, rained and snowed on even and still looks like it was new. I got it from someone in NC, I can PM you with his info if you wish.

Post Thanks / Like
    DFTowel,

If you could send it to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thx....

Post Thanks / Like
    I am soooo excited! I`ve been lusting after EZ-Up canopies for several months, and subscribed to this thread as soon as it appeared. Then -- out of the blue this morning, a local person advertised he was moving to California and wanted to sell his EZ-Up. So ... guess what??? Yep, I got it! :up I`ll be using it for my curbside detailing adventures as I prep for the rest of the Jag shows this season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    California Car Cover Company makes a version like Lynn`s in standard form and one that`s called a "Shorty".

The shorty collapses extra short so it takes up much less space in your car. It also is available in steel or aluminum.

We used a friends this weekend at a Drivers Event in Indiana. Very cool!:up
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information