Thread: Show car detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1993 Mustang Cobra that is a show car only it has 17,000. The car is grage kept, has been in the rain once.

What is the best way to polish, and wax. In the past I have used Mothers cleaner wax once a year, but after finding the forum I am sure there is something better.

Based on dis. in the forum I just purchased the twins and had great luck with them on my 93 honda civic. But I think they maybe overkill for the mustang.

Post Thanks / Like
    ernaman- Like you I have a car (an `85) that has 17K miles and hasn`t been rained on for a looong time. Figuring it`s a "garage queen", I`ve been using a glaze/wax combo on it (currently VM + P21S) forever, but I`m starting to think about a sealant (probably Platinum) because of the protection. You know, just in case something (like a bug splatter or a bird bomb) gets on it on a hot day. Just some food for thought. If you go with a sealant, pick something with a "look" that you`ll like on your Mustang (maybe NOT the K twins).

Otherwise, the VM/P21S combo works great, or you could use SEPC/P21S, OR PPCL/Souveran. Those are all "natural" glaze/mild polish + wax combos that are well proven and would make for a big improvement over your Mothers cleaner wax (which isn`t all that bad, BTW).

Post Thanks / Like
    i used 3M IHG for one show, very impressive! hard to apply by hand though, give it a try, for this years show i used #7, S100 then topped with Pinn Paste Glaz :xyxthumbs , take a look at the pics in this forum if you want

Thread Information