Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony what do you have done for exhaust?

I decided today I am going to have a custom built catback system put on next weekend or the weekend after. Got a nice stainless flowmaster 50 series muffler and some custom bent pipe. I know nothing about Acuras but did you run into any problems throwing codes or MAFs blwoing out with the CAI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Until I can find an exhaust that doesn`t sound like a flock of bumble bees everytime I press the gas, the exhaust will stay stock. I took it off and resprayed the muffler flat black since it has chipped up a bit since I got the car 4 years ago. The tip is something I have always taken care of. I make sure it is polished everytime I wash the car. I don`t want anything to happen to it. I have found an exhaust I like that looks stock and sounds good, but its not cheap and untill I have an extra $400 bucks sitting around, it is going to have to stay high up on the wish list. I only need about $1500 bucks to get everything left on my wish list. Maybe by the end of next year`s car washing season I`ll be there.

I haven`t had any problems since I put the SRI on. I opted not to do the full length CAI because of the fear of hydrolock and also because the SRI sounds cooler. I`ve solved the problem of getting cold air to it by routing a hose between the filter and the bottom of the car. A tricky little scoop I designed helps direct air up to the filter. The only downside is that the engine bay gets dusty quicker than it would were it not for the scoop. Nothing a little engine care now and then doesn`t solve.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I had thought about that. I decided not to just because I knew I couldn`t watch the car every minute and I didn`t want someone to walk away with it.....
    Too bad we`re not neighbors or something - I`d take delight in fabricating a product display board out of empty containers and give the illusion that you could just pick them up and walk away with them, but they`d actually be held on with epoxy resin or JB Weld.... including the MF towel draped over it.

Nice doorjams too!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL That would be an interesting project.... Maybe someday when Platinum decides to sponsor my car for these things I`ll make some kind of display. lol It would be cool to make one of those concave mirror boxes that make it look like something is sitting right on top but its really not. Ever seen one of those?? Pretty trippy. Kinda like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow, that is trippy! I think I`ve seen (and touched :p) one of those things before although I can`t recall where.... probably Science World with all the little screaming 5 year olds. :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    JB Weld wow I havent used taht in years! I did use it on a crank shaft though. I had a 1984 HURST Olds that the crank was off by about 1/100th or something. So if I remember correctly the JB Weld helped thqat harmonic balence wheel stay on there for 2 years!!! Then I had to sell her for tuition money =(

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks amazing. Lowering it would look awesome, and would help at shows like that most likely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... I hear ya. Coilovers are next on the list I think. It just needs a gentle drop. Maybe 3/4 of an inch or so. Maybe a full inch. It just needs enough to close the gap and not throw off the camber too much. It will be done before I compete in an import show again for sure. If I can just be judged on cleanliness then it will be cool. If you want to judge for body kits and stereo then I`ll just take my cleanliness points and thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngr, you can actually see your cars finish under 1000W towerlights? I just bought one from Home Depot, I set it up on a white car. I was dissapointed. The only time I could see scratches and swirls were when you were looking at the paint where one of the tower lights was actually reflecting off of, about a 6" x 6" area. So now i`m contemplating to take them back or keep them. Hopefully they will show swirls better on a dar car, but is it really worth $40? Input...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to look at it at an angle to see it. Usually I have the lights on the opposite side of the area I`m working on. Like if I`m working on the hood I`ll have the lamps on the drivers side when I`m working on the passenger side. Its easier to see the swirls at an angle. On the sides I have to lower the lamps and have them further away. Its definitely not easy to see the swirls. I figure that if I can see them when the sun hits them then I just need to get the lamps in the same position and try it that way.

Its worth it to keep the lamps because you may have to do a darker color sometime and they are so helpful in those cases. They are handy to use if you ever have to crawl under your car for anything too. I love my lamps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

Yeah... I hear ya. Coilovers are next on the list I think. It just needs a gentle drop. Maybe 3/4 of an inch or so. Maybe a full inch. It just needs enough to close the gap and not throw off the camber too much. It will be done before I compete in an import show again for sure. If I can just be judged on cleanliness then it will be cool. If you want to judge for body kits and stereo then I`ll just take my cleanliness points and thank you very much.

I think you`ve got the right idea. My car is lowered about 1 inch all around and basically all it did was get rid of the stock 4x4 look. Most people wouldn`t even notice that my car was lowered at all. Plus, I don`t need to deal with getting a camber kit.

BTW, you`re gonna get full coilovers right, not just coilover sleeves? They`re pricey, but I don`t think I could deal with the terrible ride of just sleeves with stock dampers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I figure if the only reason I`m doing it is for points at show then I figure I can go all the way with it. I would like to have a setup sexy enough to take the wheel off at a show so the Brembo brake system and suspension setup can be seen. If it ever gets in a show where that kind of "show" will win me more points then I am gonna do it. My engine mods are all internal and not visible. So the only mods that I`ll get more points for are going to be the suspension.

Post Thanks / Like
    good point about lowering and camber. more than one inch usually messes up the camber resulting in less performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it would help performance. A negative camber of 1 or 2 degrees helps in cornering. It is murder on tires though. I don`t feel like replacing my tires every 8000 miles because the insides are worn down to the core.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, that`s really nice. I always liked the Integra Sedans to the hatchbacks. Just something about a sedan that I like. Good work!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information